It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarthSpie: Do you know if this is needed to be put in before or after the unofficial patch?
Petrell: I don't think it matters as they come in their own DAT files (modules are completely separate from base game) but if you want to be sure, install UAP and any other big mods first.
Groovy. I wasn't sure. It'll probably be safe. Thanks for sharing those as I don't believe I downlaoded them before.
Does anyone have a mirror of the equilibrium balance patch or any other good balance patch? The official website (terra-arcanum) seems to be down.
Err.. do I need the HQmaps, if I'm probably not gonna use the HQpatch?
I mean, do they fix the maps in the vanilla game or are these just needed for high resolutions?

EDIT: wait, does the HQpatch force widescreen resolutions, or just allows them? (so I could still use the original one)
Post edited May 05, 2015 by phaolo
phaolo: Err.. do I need the HQmaps, if I'm probably not gonna use the HQpatch?
I mean, do they fix the maps in the vanilla game or are these just needed for high resolutions?

EDIT: wait, does the HQpatch force widescreen resolutions, or just allows them? (so I could still use the original one)
The HQ Townmaps pack improves maps in their original resolution/size. The Widescreen/Hi-Res mod is customizable and allows for pretty much any resolution.
Post edited May 05, 2015 by YnK
YnK: The HQ Townmaps pack improves maps in their original resolution/size. The Widescreen/Hi-Res mod is customizable and allows for pretty much any resolution.
Thanks, +1

Do you also happen to know if:
- there are still working links for the HQ music patches. EDIT found them!
- the official modules were good. Were they expansions or separated SP\MP maps? Links?
phaolo: Do you also happen to know if:
- the official modules were good. Were they expansions or separated SP\MP maps? Links?
The modules are basically standalone mini-campaigns using the same gameplay rules. Haven't played any yet, have seen a playthrough of Vormantown and it seemed sorta boring (the gameplay, not the story). Terra-Arcanum has these.
YnK: The modules are basically standalone mini-campaigns using the same gameplay rules. Haven't played any yet, have seen a playthrough of Vormantown and it seemed sorta boring (the gameplay, not the story). Terra-Arcanum has these.
Thanks. However, some users wrote that they aren't anything special, so I'll probably just skip them.
YnK: The modules are basically standalone mini-campaigns using the same gameplay rules. Haven't played any yet, have seen a playthrough of Vormantown and it seemed sorta boring (the gameplay, not the story). Terra-Arcanum has these.
phaolo: Thanks. However, some users wrote that they aren't anything special, so I'll probably just skip them.
Do make sure you install the UAP patch too. Enjoy the game!!!
Hey

New to these forums. Played Arcanum a long long time ago (not in a galaxy far away) and just recently decided to treat myself to Arcanum on GOG. I went ahead and downloaded the recommended patches:
- UAP 091225
- HQ Townmaps
- HQ Music
- HighRes 1.1a

Was kind of hoping to get it all going with no hiccups but have had textures missing, sometimes units appearing invisible, pink colours etc and some bad FPS.

I know these are all unofficial mods and I'm to expect no support though I was wandering if I did something wrong? I downloaded the listed patches/extras from @Sanpats link in the second post of this thread.

After installing them all I created a new game and the problems started.

Thanks and I know this is a long shot though I would really appreciate any help.

PC is running Windows 8.1 and I'm also using an Nvidia card with the resolution (1920 x1080).

*EDIT -- Scouring the net I found a fix that worked. Turning off AA in the Nvidia control panel and running the game windowed (1920x1080) fixed the game. I've got a very high end PC too~
Attachments:
arcanum.jpg (274 Kb)
Post edited May 11, 2015 by Suicidalmoose
Hey guys, I can't remember or not but does Drog's UAP alter guns at all? I just couldn't remember if he did anything to them.
DarthSpie: Hey guys, I can't remember or not but does Drog's UAP alter guns at all? I just couldn't remember if he did anything to them.
I don't think so. But the patch does (optionally) restore some guns that were cut from the game, I think.
Hi there :)
I've recently (a couple of hours ago) installed Arcanum and, after an initial fase in which I had that annoying black screen with floating dialogues problem, I installed the UAP091225, the HighRes and High-quality townmaps patches.
Anyway, I'm not sure that the latter installs correctly: I run the setup and address it to the GOG folder where Arcanum is installed. At the end of the setup, though, I get a windows pop-up that tells me that the program may have not been installed correctly. This happens for the High resolution patch as well, but I can see its files in the game folder but I don't see the high-quality townmaps patch files anywhere in the game folder.
Is this normal or is the patch bugged?

P.S. I downloaded all the files from the links in the top post, Terra-Arcanium
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Nephilim88
Nephilim88: Is this normal or is the patch bugged?
Windows often complains about random software even if it installs correctly, so if everything works okay, it's probably safe to ignore this.

Maps should be in the modules\Arcanum\Maps folder, I think.
Nephilim88: Is this normal or is the patch bugged?
YnK: Windows often complains about random software even if it installs correctly, so if everything works okay, it's probably safe to ignore this.

Maps should be in the modules\Arcanum\Maps folder, I think.
Yes, they are there, but I really can't tell if they are the high quality maps or not... they have very, very strange file names and apparently no extension (just to make an example: one file is named "2 krY qcjdgtgrqcJ hcnvpvicrvpH") o.ò
Everything looks fine, though... next time I play I'll run fraps and post a screenshot ;)
Post edited May 14, 2015 by Nephilim88
Nephilim88: Yes, they are there, but I really can't tell if they are the high quality maps or not... they have very, very strange file names and apparently no extension (just to make an example: one file is named "2 krY qcjdgtgrqcJ hcnvpvicrvpH") o.ò
Everything looks fine, though... next time I play I'll run fraps and post a screenshot ;)
They have weird names, yes. But this is where they should be - does the timestamp on the files match the time when you installed the patch? If so, they're okay.