It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

karloslim: Could anyone help with this please? Installed hires patch and use 1280 by 720 res and this happens on the menu screen.

Cheers
I believe that may be intentional, as I had the same "issue." I think it comes down to they just didn't scale the main menu screen to the new res, as it's the least used part of the interface.
Nothing is "scaled" in the patch, your graphics system does the scaling (matching X game pixels to Y screen pixels). The patch expands the play area. The interface was not redrawn to match custom resolutions, so there are black bars on the menu screen and visible play area in-game. For example, you won't be able to close the inventory (which is supposed to cover the whole screen) by clicking on the visible sidebars of the play area: there are no controlling elements there.
karloslim: Could anyone help with this please? Installed hires patch and use 1280 by 720 res and this happens on the menu screen.

Cheers
Don't worry about it, it's normal after Hi-Res patch nstalled. It's not pretty, but it's a small price for playing this excellent game in widescreen.
Thanks for the replies everyone. That clears things up for me. Cheers!
are there any character editors that work with the gog version?
I'm pretty sure this was said hundreds of times already, but I thank you for posting links to these patches.
How can you tell if the unofficial patch installed correctly? I downloaded it and it seemed to install ok. But there is no version number. Also is it supposed to allow lizardmen as a PC choice? If so there is no option to do so..
I installed Arcanum and all the mods. I'm really excited to play this game, as I somehow missed it when it was around. I'm a huge fan of BG, BG2, Icewind Dale and all the RPGs before those.

However I seem to have an issue with my mouse cursor in the game. As soon as I get to the main menu, the mouse cursor moves ok if I move the mouse really fast. But if I move it slowly, the mouse cursor barely moves at all, sometimes it just stops. This is VERY frustrating. Is there any fix for this? Thanks!

Update: The problem went away after I turned off mouse cursor precision checkbox in windows mouse settings.
Post edited December 01, 2012 by linnx88
capn_tucker: Also is it supposed to allow lizardmen as a PC choice? If so there is no option to do so..
No, you are not able to play as the Bedokaan in the game.

And if the game is working fine then the patch should be installed. It is a bit annoying that there isn't a version number update or anything. I think there is a dialogue option somewhere early in the game that you can actually check if the UAP is installed with, but I forget what it is, sorry.
capn_tucker: Also is it supposed to allow lizardmen as a PC choice? If so there is no option to do so..
SheBear: No, you are not able to play as the Bedokaan in the game.

And if the game is working fine then the patch should be installed. It is a bit annoying that there isn't a version number update or anything. I think there is a dialogue option somewhere early in the game that you can actually check if the UAP is installed with, but I
forget what it is, sorry.
Thanks for the info. If someone knows the check please post it. The game is working fine, but I cannot tell if there is anything new. I guess one way would be to see the schematics for guns that were restored by the patch, but I have yet to see any of them..
capn_tucker: Thanks for the info. If someone knows the check please post it. The game is working fine, but I cannot tell if there is anything new. I guess one way would be to see the schematics for guns that were restored by the patch, but I have yet to see any of them..
What schematics? I would also like to know if the UAP was successful.
Nirth: What schematics? I would also like to know if the UAP was successful.
What I can think of off the top of my head is that the schematic for Schreck's Multi-Barreled Pistol* is turned into a real schematic that your character can learn and build. Apparently the gun was in the game but not buildable by the schematics for some reason.

*[SPOILERS] Which can be found in Bates' factory, either for a Thieves Guild quest in Tarant, or while you're protecting the factory for Bates from saboteurs.
Nirth: What schematics? I would also like to know if the UAP was successful.
SheBear: What I can think of off the top of my head is that the schematic for Schreck's Multi-Barreled Pistol* is turned into a real schematic that your character can learn and build. Apparently the gun was in the game but not buildable by the schematics for some reason.

*[SPOILERS] Which can be found in Bates' factory, either for a Thieves Guild quest in Tarant, or while you're protecting the factory for Bates from saboteurs.
Ugh, I played that quest like two hours ago. I can't enter there now can I?
Nirth: Ugh, I played that quest like two hours ago. I can't enter there now can I?
You can always sneak in... You have to pick a lock/open the barrel (I think, maybe a cabinet) in one of the back rooms - off the room with the big table, not the back room with the machines - to get the schematic anyway, so if you can't do that you won't be able to do it stealthily.

But you could just bash open the container and then kill the guards that attack you to check if the schematic is there and useable before reloading.
Nirth: Ugh, I played that quest like two hours ago. I can't enter there now can I?
SheBear: You can always sneak in... You have to pick a lock/open the barrel (I think, maybe a cabinet) in one of the back rooms - off the room with the big table, not the back room with the machines - to get the schematic anyway, so if you can't do that you won't be able to do it stealthily.

But you could just bash open the container and then kill the guards that attack you to check if the schematic is there and useable before reloading.
I think the levered machine gun is another weapon restored by the patch. No idea where to find that schematic though..