It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nirth_90: What does the Animation pack change? Fixes the original ones or does it add anything?
Some info here.
http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=248955&sid=9fdbbbc65eee24e3957145de1ed9c078

http://terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=245019&sid=2e7f94b84c1faf1a0134c40b40ee2f48
Quick question, do these patches apply to the GOG version of arcanum? Thanks!
Raiyne: Quick question, do these patches apply to the GOG version of arcanum? Thanks!
Yep. Otherwise this thread would be pretty pointless. ;)
Hehe, thanks. Patch applied. :)
Hey folks, does anyone know if the 'polished carcanum' mod works with the others here? Or works with the gog version at all?
Ok, i'm downloading the two parts now, had trouble getting the individual files from the Terra website. Anyway do these

1. Unofficial Patch UAP 091225
2. HQ Map Pack
3. Extra Animations Pack
4. Hi Res Patch
5. HQ Music Pack (MP3)

mods and unofficial patches remove the level cap?

Edit: Ok, i download the two files that were supposed to have all five of these files and they will not open in either winzip or win rar. So... yeah i dunno what to do with them
Post edited August 14, 2012 by RightousMan
Game purchased from GOG and before playing, I've downloaded all mods/patches in the OP's suggested order.

Both UAP091225 and Hi-Res mods installed without any issues.

The HQ_Townmaps download was around 115MB and yet the installation process took less than 10 seconds. As I haven't played the game, I'm not entirely sure that this worked as it was so quick. Is there any way of checking or is there another exe file that I need to run?

Thanks to all other contributions in this thread - I did check and can't see any similar questions.
This game is fantastic and even better with the mods installed and modernized. Thanks alot.
Lurchibald: Here is another mirror for the mods, these are uploaded by myself in two parts to 4shared (unpack using 7-zip) all thanks to the original creators for the mods.

Part 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/Z6vgdFxA/Arcanum7z.html
Part 2: http://www.4shared.com/file/J6lOWVVL/Arcanum7z.html

Mods included in order are:
2. HQ Map Pack
3. Extra Animations Pack
4. Hi Res Patch
5. HQ Music Pack (MP3)

Pleas install in this order as if you install the Hi Res Patch (HRP) before the Extra Animations Pack (EAP) the EAP will ask you to uninstall the HRP to install the EAP (No problems, though, if you install the HRP after the EAP)
Downloaded both part 1 and 2, and installed in the listed order. And runs great. Thanks for this. :)

(edit)

Actually, sometimes the camera seems too bug out and I can't re-center it on my character or move the camera up (with either mouse or arrow keys). Is there a way to have it always be centered on the character? Because even when it does work, it is quite unsmooth to have to keep moving the camera to where my character is.

(edit 2)

Here is a thread to "fix" the camera for higher resolutions.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura/settind_the_camera_to_follow_my_character/?search=camera
Post edited September 28, 2012 by Vendayn
RightousMan: Ok, i'm downloading the two parts now, had trouble getting the individual files from the Terra website. Anyway do these

2. HQ Map Pack
3. Extra Animations Pack
4. Hi Res Patch
5. HQ Music Pack (MP3)

Edit: Ok, i download the two files that were supposed to have all five of these files and they will not open in either winzip or win rar. So... yeah i dunno what to do with them
If you read my post I clearly say to unpack them using 7-Zip.

And thanks @Vendayn for posting the camera fix.
Post edited September 30, 2012 by Lurchibald
RightousMan: 1. Unofficial Patch UAP 091225
2. HQ Map Pack
3. Extra Animations Pack
4. Hi Res Patch
5. HQ Music Pack (MP3)

Will all those above work properly with :lvl cap up to 127 for version 1074 and other modules found on this page?

Edit: ok a have found this thread which suggest this lvl cap remover
Post edited October 06, 2012 by Mikolajus
Just wanna say that the torrent file linked on Demonoid is dead because Demonoid itself is dead. Where else could I find that torrent, if possible?
Does anybody have 127 level mod working with gog version? I checked few of them - some crash the game, some others require cracking...
Post edited October 20, 2012 by Rakot1989
I know it's not listed here, for some reason, but does anyone know if the Rroyo: WIP 6.0 mod works with the HQ Map Pack, and the Extra Animations pack? I already know it won't work with the most recent unoffical patch, as the mod already contains most fixes.
Could anyone help with this please? Installed hires patch and use 1280 by 720 res and this happens on the menu screen.

Cheers
Attachments:
arcanum.png (412 Kb)