It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I try this mod and I think its suck, very suck. Firearms are too much overpowered and may be more dangerous for their user than opponents; criticall miss almost always kill you (espcially on start). So high increasing of gun firepower may have more sense when damages of criticall miss will lowered or removed. For now, using firearms is lottery; you can kill most of enemies and die for end of fight... This is not fun.

Distinguish firearms, magic system was broken. Cost of casting spells is too high in comparison of their damages. This may not be so bad, however mage cannot restore fatigue point by drinking potions, what is joke. In a result you can only cast 1-2 normal power spells during fight and then your mage is useless. Even when you want cast low cost spells such as harm, amount of your fattigue is too low to fight with enemies because spell damages are extremely low even against the lowest monster. Moreover, spells damage don't significantly increased with higher level of magic altidue.
Any news of this great mod ?

Really smart, very in depth thinking.

Some people complains about the disactivation of fatigue potions, but they do not understand at all the problem. Meditation spell + fatigue level give you a limited but constant fatigue for a whole fight. Which is perfect to to nerf mages potion abuse, and represent the nature of a mage.
I have been eyeing this mod for a while. Trying it out now! Hoping to see great things to come. I am a bit attached to vanilla though, so this might be a great shock, but whatever... I hope this mod will suit my needs!

One thing: do you need to start the new game after installing this mod, or can you go on and continue with it on your saved game?
Post edited August 19, 2017 by ghaand
ghaand: I have been eyeing this mod for a while. Trying it out now! Hoping to see great things to come. I am a bit attached to vanilla though, so this might be a great shock, but whatever... I hope this mod will suit my needs!

One thing: do you need to start the new game after installing this mod, or can you go on and continue with it on your saved game?
Need a new game for the mod, or your savegames will experience crashes when approaching missing modded content that your regular arcanum expects to be there.

If my new government job is as easy as I think it is, there is hope on the horizon for me to do the 2.0 version.

A brief reminder that this mod is meant to make the game more challenging, not more easy. If you think there is something too difficult, keep thinking. Everything has a solution, even the optional multi-thousand hp bosses.
That's great.

Your mod is very good. Without, game is too easy. We can say it's a piece of cake. With your mod, it's really not the same thing ! :)
@ewmarch: that sounds amazing! Can't wait!!
How well doe this work with the Unofficial Arcanum Patch?
http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/uap.html
Apply all normal patches first (unofficial, hires, whatever) then install the mod. It says this in the installation instructions specifically.
Thankee!

(I only found the answer earlier in the thread after asking it.)

1: How to remove the Meditation sound effect? I heard it for the first time yesterday and ow!

2: How to toggle off active abilities like Meditation?

3: Does Equilibrium properly auto-allocate character points for companions?

4: Using the Follower Editor, it's possible to change what abilities companions gain. Can players order companions to use abilities they normally wouldn't get (like Teleport on Virgil), and if so, how?

5: How compatible is Equilibrium with Arcanum Multiverse Edition (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760410053)?
Shop inventories: What about adding custom vendors with related files or/and attaching specific scripts to preexisting vendors?
Hope this info is still helpful, though I don't have answers for all your questions.

1. I don't know for sure if this would work, but try grabbing a no sound .wav file (which still has a duration) and naming it spell_mental.wav, then put it in the Arcanum\data\sound\ folder. If that works it should silence the last two mental songs too.

2. You gotta be less lazy on this one my friend. Quick google search is the answer.

3. Yes, I changed their level schemes so that everyone is useful in combat because of the increased difficulty.

4. The AI is pretty bad, but it can be changed somewhat. You can check it out in the ai_params.mes file. My version of the file is included in the mod. Note that even if you include spellcasting in the AI it can still be rare or maybe once per battle for offensive spells, so don't get too excited.

5. Incompatible, because they change schematics for sure. I don't know the true extent of what else gets changed because that's a Russian project and I can't find a list of their "many small fixes of unknown bugs, improvements and additions for our own patch Multiverse Patch." I could install it and look at everything they change but that would take forever manually.

What's strange is that they change a lot of things which don't matter: lossless music quality, a few restorations from the beta restoration patch, adding in other quality-increase mods that already exist, admittedly minor dialogue changes. It looks like they spent forever doing a lot of work on things which in the end change very little about the game or the game experience. You see that a lot with other modders and I just don't ever understand why.

6. the data\rules\InvenSource.mes determines shopkeeping, but it is applied to multiple vendors so it is not easily isolated to making this shopkeeper sell that thing you want in this place. Multiple shops will sell it if you make a change. This was one of the primary limiting factors in balancing the game: it wasn't really possible through purely this method to make items available only at a certain point in the game.
Post edited May 15, 2018 by ewmarch
@ewmarch: Will you release a new patch soon or its not planned?

Also, are you able to improve AI in a concrete manner?
1) Nothing soon. I'd probably announce when work begins again.

My games to mod list right now is:
Arcanum
Stellaris
Endless Sky
Age of Wonder 3
Ascendancy

I'm doing work on Stellaris now. Arcanum is always at the top of my mind. I had started work on 2.0 before I moved 4 years ago and after moving that is when it became shelved. I've since gotten a much easier job so I'm very hopeful about the whole thing now. I have time to mod Stellaris, for example.

2) I can't improve AI, but adding more spells to monsters was on the list surely. They only cast one or two at the beginning of battle, usually, so not a huge deal, but definitely better.

Basically my mod is all changes through the game files, and my next version is going to be everything which can be done through the game editor. Lots more item changes, spells on monsters, adding more monsters to increase challenge in certain areas, adding more traps if possible (it's in the editor), adding monsters outside cities to allow for some measure of exploration in the world.
Just wanted to say that this mod has reinvigorated me to finally finish the game. It really helps out my tech-focused playstyle and makes so many areas much less of a slog. Thanks for making it!
Post edited February 24, 2019 by Seu
ewmarch: 1) Nothing soon. I'd probably announce when work begins again.

My games to mod list right now is:
Arcanum
Stellaris
Endless Sky
Age of Wonder 3
Ascendancy

I'm doing work on Stellaris now. Arcanum is always at the top of my mind. I had started work on 2.0 before I moved 4 years ago and after moving that is when it became shelved. I've since gotten a much easier job so I'm very hopeful about the whole thing now. I have time to mod Stellaris, for example.
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and on any news from ewmarch about his mod for quire some time. After I finished another game and doing every quest and everything I wanted to do in game I'm just looking for a challenge now and for something fresh. And I think this mod will be exactly what I'm looking form.
It's been almost a year now but I'm really hoping for some news.