It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I played the original release of this game it included an editor. How do I access the scenario editor from the GOG version?
This question / problem has been solved by Goodaltgamerimage
GusTheWriter: When I played the original release of this game it included an editor. How do I access the scenario editor from the GOG version?
https://www.gog.com/forum/anno_series/what_is_included_with_anno_1602/post2

Even as I do own it, I still haven't got around to play it.... :D
But it seems that the editor is included in the expansion.
GusTheWriter: When I played the original release of this game it included an editor. How do I access the scenario editor from the GOG version?
Goodaltgamer: https://www.gog.com/forum/anno_series/what_is_included_with_anno_1602/post2

I appreciate the reply. But the thread only confirms that the expansions and editor are included in the GOG version. It doesn't explain how to access the editor. Can someone please explain to me how I access the editor? When I used the CD version back when it released, it placed two icons on my desktop, one for the game and one for the editor. When I installed from GOG, I only got the game icon.
Goodaltgamer: https://www.gog.com/forum/anno_series/what_is_included_with_anno_1602/post2

GusTheWriter: I appreciate the reply. But the thread only confirms that the expansions and editor are included in the GOG version. It doesn't explain how to access the editor. Can someone please explain to me how I access the editor? When I used the CD version back when it released, it placed two icons on my desktop, one for the game and one for the editor. When I installed from GOG, I only got the game icon.
click anno 1602 on left hand side showing your games then click more then hover over other then click map editor and poof you found the editor!
Post edited January 06, 2018 by sirblockwood
GusTheWriter: I appreciate the reply. But the thread only confirms that the expansions and editor are included in the GOG version. It doesn't explain how to access the editor. Can someone please explain to me how I access the editor? When I used the CD version back when it released, it placed two icons on my desktop, one for the game and one for the editor. When I installed from GOG, I only got the game icon.
sirblockwood: click anno 1602 on left hand side showing your games then click more then hover over other then click map editor and poof you found the editor!
I tried this, but I can't seem to find what you're suggesting. When I click "More" there is no "other" option. My options are "Assign Tags," "Store Page & Reviews," "Support," "GOG Downloader Links," "Forum," and "Hide Game." I checked the "GOG Downloader Links" tab, but didn't see anything labeled editor.
GusTheWriter: I tried this, but I can't seem to find what you're suggesting. When I click "More" there is no "other" option. My options are "Assign Tags," "Store Page & Reviews," "Support," "GOG Downloader Links," "Forum," and "Hide Game." I checked the "GOG Downloader Links" tab, but didn't see anything labeled editor.
Just because of you I installed it.....

IN the german version ( and I assume english the same) you can find the map editor in the startmenu under tools......
sirblockwood might have phrased it a bit badly, making you assume that he was talking about the GOG-page.

And just to be clear and avoid confusion ;)

startmenu -> programs -> Anno 1602 -> tools ->>>>> map editor <<<< ;)

(Yes a wee bit of teasing ;) )

And to be honest, I assumed the same as you hence I installed it :D (just for you :P ;) )
GusTheWriter: I tried this, but I can't seem to find what you're suggesting. When I click "More" there is no "other" option. My options are "Assign Tags," "Store Page & Reviews," "Support," "GOG Downloader Links," "Forum," and "Hide Game." I checked the "GOG Downloader Links" tab, but didn't see anything labeled editor.
Goodaltgamer: Just because of you I installed it.....

IN the german version ( and I assume english the same) you can find the map editor in the startmenu under tools......
sirblockwood might have phrased it a bit badly, making you assume that he was talking about the GOG-page.

And just to be clear and avoid confusion ;)

startmenu -> programs -> Anno 1602 -> tools ->>>>> map editor <<<< ;)

(Yes a wee bit of teasing ;) )

And to be honest, I assumed the same as you hence I installed it :D (just for you :P ;) )
Thank you! I have now found it under the start menu, as you said. And thank you to sirblockwood for trying!