It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey everyone, hoping I can get some help here.

Not sure what may have transpired this. Game use to work totally fine for me, then I stopped for a bit and had a hankering to play. Only when I kicked the game up and loaded up a session, I have blacked out icons and windows for my menus. I mouse over them or click and they very briefly appear only to disappear again. I have tried changing resolutions, attempted running the game as an administrator, attempted changing compatibility packs, and nothing. I'm out of options, hoping I can get some help here?

Image of problem attached to this post. Apologies if this is a duplicate of something another person has posted.
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (363 Kb)
UPDATE: I threw the game into windowed mode by adding /w at the end of a shortcut and that remedied the problem, but now I have a small window to play with. I'm assuming it's just something with how the game displays or something of the sort. Still would like to have a way to play the game full-screen though
Typically this kind of error can be caused by the scaling used to match your monitors resolution. I would not be surprised if there was a video card update or you had purchased a new monitor.

I'd suggest setting the options on your game to the maximum resolution it will support and then setting your monitor to that resolution before starting the game in full screen. It should fix the issue.
Post edited November 15, 2020 by abbayarra
abbayarra: Typically this kind of error can be caused by the scaling used to match your monitors resolution. I would not be surprised if there was a video card update or you had purchased a new monitor.

I'd suggest setting the options on your game to the maximum resolution it will support and then setting your monitor to that resolution before starting the game in full screen. It should fix the issue.
No luck. Tried it on multiple resolutions including the maximum.

Is there a way to set the size of the window when using windowed mode with GOG games to just make that bigger instead?
Yeah, you can reduce the resolution of your desktop. With a smaller resolution on your desktop the windowed screen should be bigger.