It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

!404 loads and plays perfectly fine. But if I try ti load the addon, it freezes on the Ubisolft screen. I am running Windows 10 64 bit. Any suggestions???
Hey man!

I know i'm a bit late and You've either solved it or given up by this time.
I've just had a similar/same ssue with my install: Anno 1404 ran fine, but Venice just gave me a white screen instead of the Ubisoft logo and wouldn't budge.

The way to fix this, is by editing the Engine.ini file in the %AppData%\Ubisoft\Anno1404Addon\Config directory, and adding the
<DirectXVersion>9</DirectXVersion> line to it.

The original file content:
<InitFile>
<LanguageTAG>eng</LanguageTAG>
<UbiSurveyTime>36000000</UbiSurveyTime>
<UbiSurveyTimeStatus>1</UbiSurveyTimeStatus>
</InitFile>

Modified file:
<InitFile>
<DirectXVersion>9</DirectXVersion>
<LanguageTAG>eng</LanguageTAG>
<UbiSurveyTime>36000000</UbiSurveyTime>
<UbiSurveyTimeStatus>1</UbiSurveyTimeStatus>
</InitFile>

Hope this helps You to. ;)

[edit:] Oh yeah, once the game starts up properly and generates the rest of the engine.ini's variables, the DirectXVersion value can be changed to 0 to utilize DX10 instead of DX9.
Post edited March 10, 2019 by Arteveld
Great info, thank you. This fix worked for me as well, previously hung on the load screen (all white background) before the Ubisoft logo)
I found that the "white screen block" happens because the first time you run the game (both base game and expansion) the windows firewall will pop up asking to give permission to the games, if you have also the GOG overlay enabled you cannot even alt+tab.