It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone try using the Anno 1404 Unofficial Patch? (Google it and it will come up on the Steam forums)

In addition to fixing the English localization, it fixes several quests and achievements. It also adds production chain ratios to building tooltips. (I'd probably be fine without that last one, but it beats trying to memorize all of them...)

I'd like to try it but I'm using an "online" player profile and I don't want to have to start over if the patch breaks my game somehow. (I've read reports that after the 1.0 release Ubi added a nasty modification check which will disable/remove achievements if the engine detects you have installed any mods.)

Also, anyone know what exact game version this GoG release comes with?

EDIT: It's 2.1 (the correct version for this patch), which shows up as "v2.01.5010" on the Venice title screen.

EDIT 2: Okay, after reading up on it, I decided to try the patch. And it worked! It seems that the patch was designed to work around all of the modification checks, so achievements still work. Just confirmed by naming my ship "Heart of Gold" and getting the "Don't Panic" achievement. It unlocked correctly and persisted on my profile from my Venice game (where the patch is applied) to the base game without any issues.

Last Edit: The only thing I'd add is that if you use the Galaxy client and install this patch, you probably want to set updates to "Manual" so that nothing gets overwritten down the road (even though it is highly unlikely that they would release another version). The patch has really easy uninstall instructions if you want to get back into a clean state before telling Galaxy to update the game.
Post edited June 11, 2016 by SmudgeTheFirst
I'd love to try this patch, but every single link is broken now. I can find a few older versions, but I can't find the latest (1.10). Anyone got a working link?
OmegaThree: I'd love to try this patch, but every single link is broken now. I can find a few older versions, but I can't find the latest (1.10). Anyone got a working link?
Found this one, but I'm not entirely sure if that was what you're looking for.
That'll do just fine, thanks! I searched Patches Scrolls for "Dawn of Discovery" and, having found no results, briefly considered searching for "Anno 1404" instead (since that was the version I originally played). Talk about a near miss. Thanks for the heads-up.
@OmegaThree
Seems to me that's the latest version, it's only a year old, the original is from 2009.
It's for "Dawn of Discovery" because that's the subtitle it got in the US.
Because it was around the time where America was first being colonized.
So I think they wanted to play on that idea of the US being discovered.
The name is the only difference.

I can't post links, so here's the link broken up:
https:/ /gamefaqs. gamespot. com/boards/986330-dawn-of-discovery-venice/75291827
found working link to the latest patch, if anyone still interested
(remove spaces)
www. moddb. com/downloads/anno-1404-venice-unofficial-patch-v110
Thank you so very much! I'm going to try the patch.
Just wanted to bump this and tell everyone that the official patch is pretty much obsolete after this! This patch fixes SO MUCH. It's a godly patch! Thank you Brumbek (patch author)!
Este es el unico que sirve. Los demas no los deja por el tipo de instalador.

anno-1404-venice-unofficial-patch-v110
pytlar: found working link to the latest patch, if anyone still interested
(remove spaces)
www. moddb. com/downloads/anno-1404-venice-unofficial-patch-v110
Este si me sirvio
Post edited February 21, 2019 by mrblackcolombia
For anyone still looking for this in 2020,
I found a few links which still work. Unfortunately, this forum won't let me post links, so see the attached image.
Attachments:
I still have this on my drive so I could upload as well if the above links ever go dead. Just quote this post.
I already have the patch but i don't know how to not have unlimited natural resources like iron,stone, coal and such stuff.
It maybe makes the game easier that i have unlimited resources but don't think this is the way the game was intented.
Hi
Does this unofficial patch work with the History Edition?
If so, please give me detailed advice on how to do it.
zsom: Hi
Does this unofficial patch work with the History Edition?
If so, please give me detailed advice on how to do it.
I think it doesn't work with the history edition.
Hello
Good news
Brumbek modified his unofficial patch for History Edition.
Information and file I found at https://anno1404.fandom.com/wiki/Unofficial_Anno_Patch

It works.