It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I notice when I install the GOG version of Anno 1404 you've obviously made some changes. Saved games and maps from the original Ubisoft version, and original gold edition can't be loaded. When using the World Editor I also note when I open my map some islands are no longer visible (although I can still see the part at the top of the island that lists the resources). Even if I begin making a new map, I notice some islands are not listed, eg the Volcano is not available to be placed.

If I install my original gold edition from DVD, all these islands become available again.

I am really starting to wonder why I bothered buying the GOG version when it appears to be missing content, and you were too lazy to do the editor and tool one. What is the point to buying a GOG version if it has content left out????
Engioc: I notice when I install the GOG version of Anno 1404 you've obviously made some changes. Saved games and maps from the original Ubisoft version, and original gold edition can't be loaded. When using the World Editor I also note when I open my map some islands are no longer visible (although I can still see the part at the top of the island that lists the resources). Even if I begin making a new map, I notice some islands are not listed, eg the Volcano is not available to be placed.

If I install my original gold edition from DVD, all these islands become available again.

I am really starting to wonder why I bothered buying the GOG version when it appears to be missing content, and you were too lazy to do the editor and tool one. What is the point to buying a GOG version if it has content left out????
Since this is a forum where mostly other customers of GOG will read and write messages: you might have better luck to send the message to GOG support directly.