It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Need some help from people that can or had this error before.

I launched up my Anno 1701 after been away from it about a year. If i stayed in game and didnt Alt tabbed out everything is ok. But as soon as i ALt + Tab out of game my keyboard starts to behave strange. When i press different buttons it takes me out to diferrent windows pages.

Ex my keys 1 to 9 takes me to windows quick buttons at bottom of screen at windows.
E button takes me to my computer page and most of my buttons takes me to different places.
My arrow keys stop working.

The only way to get rid of it is to restart my PC and all is good again until i Alt+Tab ofcourse.

Does anyone had this while playing the game or maybe someone knows what it is and why it is happening.
I would be happy to get some help. I am not a PC guru so i dont know where to look or what it can be.

Thx in advance
Regards Nenne.
Nennee: Need some help from people that can or had this error before.

I launched up my Anno 1701 after been away from it about a year. If i stayed in game and didnt Alt tabbed out everything is ok. But as soon as i ALt + Tab out of game my keyboard starts to behave strange. When i press different buttons it takes me out to diferrent windows pages.

Ex my keys 1 to 9 takes me to windows quick buttons at bottom of screen at windows.
E button takes me to my computer page and most of my buttons takes me to different places.
My arrow keys stop working.

The only way to get rid of it is to restart my PC and all is good again until i Alt+Tab ofcourse.

Does anyone had this while playing the game or maybe someone knows what it is and why it is happening.
I would be happy to get some help. I am not a PC guru so i dont know where to look or what it can be.

Thx in advance
Regards Nenne.
I find that Alt-Tab (or using the Windows key) also causes problems with some games, though not all. I have learned to be very wary of even trying it without saving first. Though I don't know the solution to this problem, I did just Google Alt Tab problem and found some potential solutions. I would also expect to find some help on Youtube.

Sorry I can't help directly, but you are not alone, and I hope I have at least given you some directions to try.

I also have 1701, and think it can be played in windowed mode, which would be one way of solving the problem, though not as satisfying.
Nennee: snip
What I found is that for any reason some programs (not restricted to games, kind of keep the alt-key in the status pressed, despite it being released long time ago....)

What quite often helps is just pressing the alt key again. But this to my experience is a windows problem and not a game problem. (sometimes I had to press alt afterwards with a mouse click to return to normal)

Maybe it helps you as well. (and no. not reproducible, just happens once over a while)