It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ok so i'm thinking of buying this game!! but i'm a little concerned it says i have to have duel core processor! this doesn't seem right for such a classic game even if it is remastered but i was wondering if it will run on my pc and maybe i'm just misreading it.

my specs are

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 270u Processor 2.00 Ghz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Usable)

64 bit
According to the store page:

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP (XP 64bit is NOT supported) / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalentMemory: 4 GB Graphics: DirectX compatible graphics card DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c Hard Drive:500MB Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

I can't say I'm very good at tech stuff, so don't take my word for anything, but I notice you mentioned "64 bit". If this is XP 64bit, it might not work.
As far as the other stuff goes, it seems like you're good. You don't have to have those SPECIFIC specs, it's just the minimum.
Post edited February 29, 2016 by zeogold
This is what the system requirements are on Steam:

System Requirements

Processor: Pentium II 400 MMX
Memory: 128MB
Graphics: DirectX compatible graphics card
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive:500MB
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
Controller Support: XBox 360 Controller for Windows

If I had to guess, either someone messed up and attributed the system requirements from another game to the GOG version or they pumped up the requirements soas to make sure it works with Galaxy multiplayer.

Either way, I think you're safe. But if you really want to make sure, emailing support wouldn't be out of the question. Heck, back when this game was new, I don't recall duel core being very common. Or the people that did have one only did it because they had more money than brains and liked to be on "the cutting edge."
Post edited February 29, 2016 by lepke1979