It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,

Please run the installer, and after it shows you the error message, copy and send me a log file - you can find it in the Temp folder (usually C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp). The file is called "Setup Log (date) #(number).txt". If you sort the files by date, it will be the newest one.
Hello,

We uploaded a new version, in which we eliminated an issue that could cause the problem with the runtime error.

Please let me know if the problem persists in the installer.
That sounds like a serious problem.

My first guess would be an overly eager antivirus or other similar software (some are very difficult to actually turn off). The second would be some damage to the system files (which can be checked with System File Checker).

BTW do you get this error with any other game from GOG (for example the free ones)?
You can open System Configuration (windows key+r to open Run prompt, then start msconfig), and look under Services and Startup to see what is running in the background.

But only do that if you know what you're doing, because you can break your system by switching off the wrong thing. If you're not sure what you can safely do, don't change anything.

And if you find the issue, please let me know if that fixed the installer problem too :-)
Or create a System Restore point before tinkering with msconfig. :D
Gandos: In any case, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for the help that you offered.
No problem, that's why I'm here :-)

BTW what video driver was it? There are more people with this problem, so maybe they can fix it the same way :-)