It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
I have no Problem with Multiplayer,(good connection) but i can see only the ping from other Players not my own
My observations for the multiplayer:
- servers were found fast, had no trouble connecting
- game works, but its pretty fast. Didn't have too much problems, but it should be probably slower.
- my nickname was detected and filled in automatically.
- other players had relatively high ping > 100, however this didn't seem to affect gameplay
- sometimes I was able to see Alien clip through ceiling with his feet.
The lag is real. All of the listen servers I played on the ping was 300-800 for all players regardless of host.
Will we be getting dedicated servers?

Otherwise the nickname worked
the servers worked
the game worked
everything was fine except the ping.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by TrueWOPR
The Multiplayer works fine, I just suck at it.
I was able to join games but there seemed to be latency issues with other players or AI aliens in co-op mode disappearing and reappearing. I was disconnected from three games while playing and after the third could not find any matches to join.
Multipayer is great, i haven't noticed hardly any lag. The lag i did notice which was only slight was so smooth it could easily go unnoticed and i was playing with people in a server of about 300 ping at times. I don't know if i was the host though since i joined the game but then it no longer displayed my ping. I don't know does this game pass along hosts? Because other times i've been disconnected from servers randomly thinking perhaps the host had left.

This game is a lot different from how i remember it but it's still incredibly fun.

Thanks gog! Keep up the good work!
So, if game launched and hosted new MP session then OK

If Try to join then theres a sign "Joining..." and nothing I really was unable to connect to session

I created session and we played well until I was just disconnected. Nothing unusual was before. Fragged another alien player and some seconds after was main menu with "you were disconnected"

If this is Steam version why its so old? (1.05) In steam is 1.0.6 with non-beta multiplayer

OS Win 10 TP and 8.1
Only could play multi when I hosted a game. When I wanted to join a game it was "Connecting" all the time. Multi also was very laggy.
Multiplayer felt smoother then I remembered back in the day and it seems the resawn and crash to desktop failure was resolved in this version? That's the one thing that always put me off back in the day but otherwise I had a whole lot of fun as an Alien. I didn't remember that it was this fast though.. .holy hell.. maybe I'm just getting old.
Very happy with the game and the multiplayer! Works very well with little to no lag and is very fun!
The multiplayer itself works great, just the connection screen probably needs some more work.

As others have mentioned there are some issues:

The list of available games is very short, why not display more games?

The list of displayed games changes very quickly.

Would be great if the games could be ordered by type or there was a filter (other filters / sorting, too).

The shooting and dying part itself works great :)
First game I tried to join just hung while trying to connect and I gave up, but after that it was fine. I had more trouble from the speed of the game than from any multiplayer connection issues.
@everyone who can't find any multiplayer sessions:

I uninstalled the game (including savegames), downloaded a new installer and re-installed it. This did solve my problems (maybe some kind of incompatibility between earlier versions of the installers with today's version?).
I had little problems with it, except a time where it stuttered for like 10 seconds and joining at the very beginning also had some stuttering, played it for around an hour and everything was really smooth. Was even able to land a lot of spear kills.
I just played for about an hour, and except for the occasional hiccup, I didn't experience much lag. It performs as advertised - even better than the original servers, if memory serves me right.

Good job, GOG.

Specs, if needed:
Connection: ADSL 15 Mbps, via WiFi
CPU: i7-920
GPU: Radeon HD5850
RAM: 4 GB
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Made_in_China