It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Just played about an hour in multiplayer and I must say that the game is running surprisingly smooth. Although there were major netcode problems in coop mode where the aliens would teleport around and push you across the entire map. Also I have had some problems with connecting to some servers but I assume its because the host is located very far away.

Haven't had other problems really and my ping has been at a stable 100 at all times.
After playing for around 30-45 minutes, I really couldn't see anything wrong from the viewpoint of a casual gamer. I open the AvP game, select multiplayer, and allow the list to be populated with all of my different choices. Of the 4 games I connected to, I only noticed a slight lag on 1, and that was mainly attributed to the high pings that everyone had. But even then, it was barely noticeable.

Basically, Galaxy functions almost seamlessly.

But I did notice that when I select the multiplayer option from the main menu, my CPU usage all of a sudden reached 100%, and it's only like that when I'm waiting for a game. When I'm in an actual multiplayer game, the usage is what you would expect from a game. This could be an issue with the actual AvP game itself, but even then it would be nice to not have my laptop fan kick in for such a short period of waiting. If that one problem could be fixed, then I probably wouldn't be able to tell you that anything was wrong.

Aside from that, the game functioned as I would expect from AvP Classic 2000, and I can't really say anything against it even if I wanted to, considering how respectably it performed.

I will definitely be back to play some more, and if all goes smoothly like it has been or something changes, then an update from me won't be necessary, considering how the game and Galaxy component have practically proven how GOG is definitely on to something in the multiplayer aspect of the games they are offering.
So far I've had a fairly average experience. Of the six or so games I attempted to join, half came back with a connection error after 30-40 seconds of waiting. The games I did get into rain fairly smoothly, and the game I hosted seemed alright, but it was a little laggy either because of connectivity troubles or because I was hosting the game. It's too early to give a definitive judgement but so far it's been great to get back into this classic AvP.
I have three issues:

1. The game is running too fast. It was already a fast game, it's running even faster, making it impossible to keep up.

2. The order of the servers keeps changing, making it a bit of a lucky guess whether you'll join the server you chose or another random one.

3. Apparently I can only see eight servers at once? Surely there are more.

4. Sometimes the game does not connect, with no clear reason why not. Maybe some feedback there would be useful.
Played about 2 hours of online games.

Runs just as smooth as any other online PC game I've played.

When I bought the CD version years back, I never was able to play online (People not playing online or whatever). So the galaxy is already a thousand time better than the CD version.

Though sometimes when trying to join an existing game it says "No sessions were found" and I'll have to back out and back in for the list of games to play to show up.
I think there is a bug with 'LMS' games, since it didn't tell me the names of anyone who joined. It would say [] blank has joined over and over.
Was able to connect to a couple of games, which were a little laggy but ultimately stable. A few timed out and even the ones that did connect took a while

Would appreciate being able to change my online name, as I know a couple of my friends use their actual names/email addresses as account names and would be hesitant to be forced to share it with every random player.
Just took a quick look. Only joined 3 games for a couple of minutes. Never played the game before. Have to practice a little in single player. Damn is that game fast! (and spooky for that old graphics, which probably means: extreme good audio)

Technically everything worked. Although when waiting for multiplayer game sometimes part of the sound seems to "hang" - I heard some strange stuttering "click" (maybe I've got the same here like the one who said CPU is going to 100%).
Will test more within the next days...
I can't seem to find any games to join, so I made a few of my own. After several minutes in each session, other players would join, but after around 5 minutes passing, I'd suddenly be kicked out of the game with a message saying I was disconnected. So I can't seem to play this game online for any meaningful amount of time. I don't know what causes this.

Also, is there a way to change my name in-game? I thought it would use the profile name I made for it, but I noticed it used my gog username by default.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Neonpremesis
Neonpremesis: I can't seem to find any games to join
At least for that part: Same here... No sessions were found :/ Doesn't sound right.
Neonpremesis: I can't seem to find any games to join
I'm having a similar problem. I was playing fine in multiplayer, joined several servers (list of servers to join was always full of them). Everything was working correctly.

After leaving one game, games stopped showing up on the list ("No sessions were found"). I was able to host a couple of games, but nobody joined during several minutes. Tried restarting the launcher and the game, but I'm getting the same results - list is always empty now.
Today I got access to the beta. Tried multiplayer a few minutes - it runs flawless. I wish I could say that about my skills...
Just played it for like an hour and these are my results:

First of all, the connection takes ap retty long time, around 30 seconds. Although I have a pretty good internet this is definetly too long. But when I was in the game everything ran smoothly EXCEPT for the aliens. They were teleporting around like fuck and it was really hard to hit them. Sometimes they would even freeze and stand like a statue but without a head. Surprisingly, the marines and predators were fine, they didn't teleport. Also, as soon as there were too many explosions (like 3) the servers had real problems and lagged alot. The chat worked fine although suprisingly not many people wrote sth in it what confused me a bit but I think its not a connection problem.

To sum it up: the servers work but they aren't strong enoguh yet. Also the Netcode could use some work.
I played a few matches, and for now I can say that:

-Joining a game does not present any kind of problem: everything goes smoothly and fast.

-I have been never "thrown out" from a match due to errors or problems with the connection, so I suppose this aspect is fine, too.

-All kind of matches work fine... exception made for COOP. Aliens tend to teleport, ignore the bullets (even if everybody hits them with an entire arsenal) and run around for seconds *after* their deaths, also any time I am hit by one of them I bounce to the other side of the room.

-I know others said that already, but... is it normal for the game to be THAT fast? When an Alien is controlled by a player, I can barely see it when it moves!
I'm on 5mb connection, Europe, if it's important at all.

Spent around 30-45 minutes on multiplayer, here are my results:

- I usually see list of games after 30s or so after clicking multiplayer, connection usually goes fast into game, sometimes it just hangs on "joining game" without any information whether it's possible to connect or it failed. I've had a situation where I left it for almost a minute and it didn't connect nor give message it can't connect.

- When I do join, game runs perfectly fine, no hiccups or anything, however...

- Always, and I mean always, after about a minute I get dropped out of server and multiplayer lobby says there are no available servers. I have to go back to main menu, select multiplayer again and start whole process again.

- I've tried 3 games modes, haven't lasted more than a minute in any of them. Why? I don't know.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by UndeadOne