It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Hello,

The multiplayer doesn't work, I can't host any game over LAN. Is this a known problem?

I tried adding a firewall exception and running as administrator, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Please help.
ivkofer: Hello,

The multiplayer doesn't work, I can't host any game over LAN. Is this a known problem?

I tried adding a firewall exception and running as administrator, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Please help.
I tried starting one successfully, but I cannot see any options regarding LAN.

Is the Galaxy Client started (you need to do this manually)?
The Path is described in the other sticky post.

Joining the "GOG NOOB"-game without started client seemed to fail, but I aborted pretty quickly so I cannot completely confirm this.

Please help.
The LAN games are not supported, you have to be connected to play multiplayer

Please help.
This made me chuckle a little. I think the whole point of them giving out the game for free was so that users could stress test their GOG Galaxy's multiplayer servers. Trying to play over LAN doesn't help them.

Please help.
Hecke: I tried starting one successfully, but I cannot see any options regarding LAN.

Is the Galaxy Client started (you need to do this manually)?
The Path is described in the other sticky post.

Joining the "GOG NOOB"-game without started client seemed to fail, but I aborted pretty quickly so I cannot completely confirm this.
Galaxy client is actually a GOG Launcher 0.1.0.456?

I launched the game with it, tried joining a multiplayer game (GOG NOOB) but there is also an error. What am i doing wrong?
This is valid feedback and should NOT be dismissed... the point of even having a "gog noob" button is that it should work simple not be the last thing you want any one to do.

I sugest gog make a video post walking people through the setup for at least the major systems; xp, 7 and 8... Don't assume people can figgure it out on their own as that will just make issues latter on.
I don't get how I'm supposed to test the online thing, I select multiplayer and all I get is a "failed to initialize".
Is there some galaxy application i should run in the background that im missing?
I have played a couple of multiplayer games and have had no trouble. It all worked from the get go:D
Seems to be working fine at the minute.

Joining a game today has took a little while compared to yesterday and at one point after getting disconnected I selected Join Game and it found nothing, had to restart the game to get it to list available games again.

Other than that ping seems ok and working fine, locking on with the Predator disc and releasing was having the desired effect against the marines and so on.
I took a quick look at the ingame multiplayer options to host a server.
Maybe it`s just me, but i haven`t found a possibility to host a private game or put a password on the match.

I don`t know if this is possible, but could you add this option per Galaxy launcher?
IT can take a while to get into a game once you've decided to join, about 30 seconds or so, but once you're in it seems to work flawlessly, great, stupidly fast fun = ).
The game is fantastic, (my first time playing it) however my only issue was after choosing Space MArine i died then was respawned as a crappy Alien?? i didn't - the multiplayer is fine it works a treat and has no lag (at least for me)
When I installed the game I had to add an exception in firewall manually for the game's exe file, even though I had it in "learning" mode (ESET Smart Security). But now, after small update, multiplayer "fails to connect". The game file is still present on the exception list. I will wait for another update.
I played one multiplayer game. It seemed to be working well except the game lagged/got choppy on a few occasions, but I assume that is based on whoever is hosting the game and not the game itself? (I'm on Windows 7.)