It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
gentest: When I am killed, I cannot return to the game. I have to quick and then log in again.
To resapwan into the game you have to use the operate/interact key on your keyboard. By default that is the letter "E". Just in case you have not tried it yet...
Raff: The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
- Initially, I had a hard time connecting to a game "server"... but after a few times it connected without any issues.

-The gameplay was a bit fast for me so I was easily killed by everyone I engaged with. (I'm just an old fart, and not well experienced in games that came out after 1994.)

-Having a 10Mb internet connection and a fairly fast system, I felt no lag in game play.

-The downloader worked well too. I toggle it on and off without any issues.
Not sure if this is a bug, but when I went to multiplayer I got a message saying "initializing..." and then a "Failed to Authorize(0)" error. Is this normal or a bug? Game has been working the last few times I played.
Besides the fact that the game (or the launcher, I'm not sure) started an update after I'm in game, installing VC++ and making the game laggish during the update, everything else worked flawlessly!

I could start to host a multiplayer game (since no other player had started a multiplayer session during my tests) and after a while alone in the map, someone joined the session I was hosting. We played a while and everything worked as it should.

Great job, GOG Team!
HerrLangsam: and i couldn't figure out a way to close the console without entering a valid command like SAY (some commands don't seem to close the console).
RetroCodger426: You can press the 'tilde' key: `
That opens and closes the console :)
I understand this now, but at that time i didn't understand this was also the console. I thought it was "merely" a chat function. I had NOT activated it by pressing tilde but by pressing Enter, T or Z (forgot which). Seems like that's a binding to give you a shortcut to the "say" command. Problem is: the same key does not close the console again. As i said: it took me quite a while and it seems very impractical to ignore common key binds and conventions for ... what?
Just chiming in to confirm that multiplayer worked perfectly fine for me. I hosted and connected to a few games, didn't run into any issues.
Correction, just remembered, there was one issue yesterday that I totally forgot about. One time after joining a match I was added without a nickname. The highscore table and kill messages did not show any name for me and the message that I joined the match kept popping up like twice every second, just "entered the match" (or whatever the message is exactly) without a nickname. I left the match and rejoined (without exiting the whole game) and the error was gone.
F4LL0UT: Just chiming in to confirm that multiplayer worked perfectly fine for me. I hosted and connected to a few games, didn't run into any issues.
Just to confirm the same. I saw no issues playing the game multiplayer. As far as I can tell the servers were working perfectly Just hard to find a game so maybe low player count has something to do with it. I don't know.
Worked great hosting or joining game with high and low player counts and with internet connection of only 5-10kb/s.
Hosted DM with no problems during stress test
Kept getting "Game connection error" when trying to join any public match unfortunately
Has some lag on certain servers, other than that it's a blast!
Whenever I choose "Multiplayer" in the menu of AvP, the game freezes. "Singlepayer" works fine.
Works fine. Occasional lag, but pings were around 100 and everything worked fine. Just have to remember to let the launcher update. Could've used better info on the updating in the launcher.
it worked... now if we can do it with all multiplayer games