It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
DarthTrog: I just wanted to know if there is a difference in being booted and a dropped connection, as I lost connection and the only msg was I was disconnected, so not sure if it is a "player" problem, or game server issue. Thanks

Perhaps a different msg could be used if possible.
The game is P2P, when the host leaves, another takes their place. In this case, your connection to the host must have been bad. I recall seeing you in-game, though, and my connection seemed fine.

Also, sadly, the game has no boot, cycle map, or any other host commands.
WOW! With the latest update I can finally play multiplayer not only on Windows 7 but also on Windows XP 32-bit SP3.

Thanks GOG!
Nephilim983: I wasn't be able to connect once...every time i go on multiplayer i get Failed to initialize
Olde72: Open the game up from the game launcher and let it update. Otherwise, reinstall the game.
It was fresh install of the game, updated with launcher and started with launcher...dude, I'm in IT, i know the procedures and importance of updates and trying to restart/reinstall...It's not me, it's the game and as far as i can see on reporting problems, i wasn't only one, far from that
Nephilim983: It was fresh install of the game, updated with launcher and started with launcher...dude, I'm in IT, i know the procedures and importance of updates and trying to restart/reinstall...It's not me, it's the game and as far as i can see on reporting problems, i wasn't only one, far from that
You may want to check that the game is permitted through the Windows firewall. When I installed it, it wasn't done by default, and doing it solved a bunch of connectivity issues.
Nephilim983: It was fresh install of the game, updated with launcher and started with launcher...dude, I'm in IT, i know the procedures and importance of updates and trying to restart/reinstall...It's not me, it's the game and as far as i can see on reporting problems, i wasn't only one, far from that
"Dude," I don't know you, and you don't know me. Do you actually expect me to know you're in IT? And then get all up in my face about it? I'm only trying to help. The only thing I can think of is that I somehow offended you in some way by not telepathically knowing that you're a brilliant IT person. I had the same "failed to initialize" problem, then did a fresh installation of the game and that solved the problem. If you don't want any help or replies to an apparent problem that only you're having, don't post.
I am not able to play in Multiplayer mode. I always receive a error message "Failed to authorize(2).", I can play only Single Player mode.
gentest: I am not able to play in Multiplayer mode. I always receive a error message "Failed to authorize(2).", I can play only Single Player mode.
Did you log in through the client, did you update through the client, and did you permit the game through the Windows Firewall?
gentest: I am not able to play in Multiplayer mode. I always receive a error message "Failed to authorize(2).", I can play only Single Player mode.
Spinorial: Did you log in through the client, did you update through the client, and did you permit the game through the Windows Firewall?
I do not use Windows Firewall. I do not understand the rest of the question. I downloaded the setup, I installed the game and I run it by doubleclicking the icon.
Spinorial: Did you log in through the client, did you update through the client, and did you permit the game through the Windows Firewall?
gentest: I do not use Windows Firewall. I do not understand the rest of the question. I downloaded the setup, I installed the game and I run it by doubleclicking the icon.
Which icon? There's two in the start menu, you need to go through the one that says Galaxy Client (the one on the desktop should be the same as this one). The first time you run it, it will ask you to log in, as you would to GOG, then probably update itself. Once done, click the big green PLAY button, and it should run.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Spinorial
gentest: I do not use Windows Firewall. I do not understand the rest of the question. I downloaded the setup, I installed the game and I run it by doubleclicking the icon.
Spinorial: Which icon? There's two in the start menu, you need to go through the one that says Galaxy Client (the one on the desktop should be the same as this one). The first time you run it, it will ask you to log in, as you would to GOG, then probably update itself. Once done, click the big green PLAY button, and it should run.
OK, I logged in, but when I selected Multiplayer, I got message "Failed to Connect.".
gentest: OK, I logged in, but when I selected Multiplayer, I got message "Failed to Connect.".
If it updated properly and all, I can't really help you much more. As I said, make sure that you've either completely disabled the Win Firewall or you've explicitly given the game permission through it. Beyond that, you should open a ticket with GOG support. Don't worry, they're better at this stuff than I am.
DarthTrog: I just wanted to know if there is a difference in being booted and a dropped connection, as I lost connection and the only msg was I was disconnected, so not sure if it is a "player" problem, or game server issue. Thanks

Perhaps a different msg could be used if possible.
Spinorial: The game is P2P, when the host leaves, another takes their place. In this case, your connection to the host must have been bad. I recall seeing you in-game, though, and my connection seemed fine.

Also, sadly, the game has no boot, cycle map, or any other host commands.
Thanks, just wanted to know if it was me or if something needed working on, game still as much fun as I remember wishing it had some LAN option, but still fun.
DarthTrog: Thanks, just wanted to know if it was me or if something needed working on, game still as much fun as I remember wishing it had some LAN option, but still fun.
I suppose it needs proper testing, but if it's straight-up P2P, then two machines on the same network should have LAN latency. GOG may be able to clarify.
Post edited November 15, 2014 by Spinorial
When I am killed, I cannot return to the game. I have to quick and then log in again.
Found one game in multiplayer list, played for about an hour - ping was ok (about 150-160, though I'm in European part of Russia), everything was very enjoyable. Thank you for your work!
Win 8.1 64 bit, Athlon 64 X2, 4 Gb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT.
Post edited November 18, 2014 by gohdan