It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Multiplayer works perfectly fine for me. I use Windows 8.1 with a broadband internet connection.
To me it looks like when two players both are NAT'ed (or block all connections from the Internet) the traffic between them is rerouted through a game proxy. Is there a fixed port range I can open on the firewall to avoid this rerouting and reduce lag?
I played a couple matches, on one Deathmatch server as a Pulse Rifle'd Marine, and a Species Deathmatch as a Predator Only things I can report so far:

1) I did sometimes get an error message about it being unable to connect to a match, then tried again and finally got through.

2) During the Predator match, the map I believe was called the Subway (it has tall buildings to stand on, some street level and, yes, subway tunnels), I jumped off a building and briefly got stuck on the side of a building. All I could do was look around as I was dangling in midair until a few seconds later I finally dropped down. Not a big deal, but I'm trying to be as thorough as I can.

I haven't tried out the Alien yet. I'll be doing that next time I boot this up.
multiplayers works fine for me (win 7/64 bit)

i wish that other popular games like populous 3, the dungeon keeper series (and many more) will get galaxy support too.

good work gog team
HELLO,

the option "DISABLE FRIEDLY FIRE" to YES is not working.

As a marine I can still kill the other marines on predator tag mode.

Please fix. Thx.
The Launcher updated by downloading around 4 MBs of data and that finished quickly

I played Species Death Match last night and at first was getting disconnected often after a few minutes at a time.
would kick out to main menu with "You have been disconnected". Same game/host name every time.

Eventually got a stable connection to the game ( at least an hour straight, no issue) Not sure if there was a host change or not during this time.

Played at night, Central United States time. Over High Speed DSL.
Post edited October 29, 2014 by Tonyx35
ultimate-hunteR: HELLO,

the option "DISABLE FRIEDLY FIRE" to YES is not working.

As a marine I can still kill the other marines on predator tag mode.

Please fix. Thx.
Disable Friendly Fire option never worked on Predator Tag mode. It doesn't need fixing. Friendly fire only applies to Species Deathmatch, Cooperative, and maybe Last Man Standing.
No issues: got connected and didn't had any lag.
It works perfect for me
Played a bit of co-op before bed tonight. Other than accidentally shooting teammates a few times (need to get use to this co-op *blushes*), the game played fine for me this session.

Still seeing higher pings is a bit of a concern as well as not being able to see my own ping. It would be nice to get an explanation on how the ping in this game works. As far as I know, lower ping means closer response time to the server. Is this game even server/client or peer-to-peer connection? Is it only showing pings based on how far you are from other players?

Really just a concern, otherwise played fine tonight, was fun too. Especially when I bombed three aliens at once. XD

If it's worth anything, holding space down made me jump over and over. Usually in other shooters, I have to press jump again if I want to jump again. Is this normal for Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000?
tailsy64: Still seeing higher pings is a bit of a concern as well as not being able to see my own ping. It would be nice to get an explanation on how the ping in this game works. As far as I know, lower ping means closer response time to the server. Is this game even server/client or peer-to-peer connection? Is it only showing pings based on how far you are from other players?
I'd like an answer to this as well.

tailsy64: If it's worth anything, holding space down made me jump over and over. Usually in other shooters, I have to press jump again if I want to jump again. Is this normal for Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000?
That is normal.
tailsy64: Still seeing higher pings is a bit of a concern as well as not being able to see my own ping. It would be nice to get an explanation on how the ping in this game works. As far as I know, lower ping means closer response time to the server. Is this game even server/client or peer-to-peer connection? Is it only showing pings based on how far you are from other players?
Olde72: I'd like an answer to this as well.

tailsy64: If it's worth anything, holding space down made me jump over and over. Usually in other shooters, I have to press jump again if I want to jump again. Is this normal for Aliens vs. Predator Classic 2000?
Olde72: That is normal.
Thanks, I'm glad it's not a bug. Didn't want others to think I was "bunny hopping" as I was moving.
I don't know if it's just me or not, but the last few times I've tried to find a multiplayer game there's only been a single species deathmatch available. No other games running at all. Is anyone else seeing more games, or is there really only one running?
Does anyone know what was updated with the v2.0.0.25 patch?
Mcmacladdie: I don't know if it's just me or not, but the last few times I've tried to find a multiplayer game there's only been a single species deathmatch available. No other games running at all. Is anyone else seeing more games, or is there really only one running?
There really is only one or two running.