It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
classicduke: You must love the alien. Funny play through though. Sounds like an AVGN rant. When using pred. I recommend using red vision against alien and it's best for locking on with shoulder cannon or disc. Green locks on to other preds and blue for marines.
advowson: I don't understand you. I have no experience with any of the classes. I only picked alien because it seemed simplest to pick up: move to melee range and strike. No special weapon types to try. What is AVGN and why would their rant sound like my recounting of a novice's attempt to play a game with no documentation? For the predator, the information about the colors is useful, if it is accurate. What is your source for this?
Predators vision modes are Normal/Thermal/Electro/Predtech. It's just something that players used to AvP take for granted and assume everyone knows or learns immediatly.

Thermal works well against humans and aims tracking weapons such as Shoulder Cannon and Disc.
Electro - same thing except highlights/tracks Aliens
Predtech is best suited to finding other Predators and maybe energy pickups, not sure.

Reliance on complex/cumbersome gadgets can make the Predator difficult to play or even vulnerable if you're in the wrong mode at the wrong moment. Good players will make it look easy of course, but despite being a tank and having cloaking, the Predator isn't really easy to learn. Alien is, but it does have it's own weakneses. Good players will make them seem godly ofc, but they are not. Low health and vertigo are not easy to get around at first.
I entered my first death match (new to the game so i had to set up my game controls different) Running windows 8 with one of the higher-gaming processors out there.

The match I was in was one of those co-op but with friendly fire turned off so we could kill other marines, which seemed to actually happen.

The graphics ran smoothly (for myself at least)

The only delay I saw was that sometimes when you killed off an alien, it took slightly longer then what the normal time is that i've seen other aliens fall in that game. I even saw a time or two where the alien was an unusual "red" coloring and seemed to be taking pulse rifle shots like they were candy and still not falling for quite a while afterwards.

The interface telling you that something is nearby, is only semi-useful because you can't really discern marines from predators or aliens. They all appear as a blip on the radar screen. Would be nice to know where fellow marines are up ahead so i don't get accidentally killed.

One of the other minor details i noticed is that while moving forward there was a time or two where i died much too quickly because the aliens had overrun the spawn point for marines. Maybe a spawn location automated gun should be implemented to better serve those of us trying to actually live more than a couple seconds.

Overall though, things went smoothly. I'll try testing some more in the next couple days to see what else i can see.
Had no trouble installing, updating and joining a MP game.

Pings were reported in-game as being around 300 ms.

I joined as a marine without having ever played this game and all I could see was a horde of aliens jumping all over the place. It was difficult to judge if the connection was working ok — I honestly couldn't tell if my shots were even connecting. Most likely I just suck. :)

I might try it again later at some point.
I just tried a coop game (called Pomelo), and mostly I just saw characters jerkingly moving around, and two Aliens (or two non-Marine characters at any rate) standing in the middle of a open space... I shot at them, but it had to be a ping issue because they just disappeared a while later and the kill was credited to two other players. Not sure what was happening. Then something killed me and that was that...

Is the game supposed to work fine at the moment, or are there known issues?
leon30: The multiplayer through Galaxy launcher is totally unplayable for me because of the 100% CPU usage. The lag is absolutely terrible - it even, went into a total freeze.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+ at 1.6 GHz (the game runs absolutely fine without the galaxy multiplayer tool)
RAM: 2 GB DDR 2 at 800 Mhz Kingston HyperX in a dual channel mode
Video Card: Nvidia 7300GT with 256 MB DDR2 VRAM, 128-bit

Please can your devs add multithreading support or something else to optimize single-core performance?

Edit1: To clarify - my internet speed should be 32 Mbit/s and I downloaded the game with a speed of about 1-3 MB/s
Sacr3dus: Same problem here.
I have this problem too.
Multiplayer game play for me was delayed with movement, aliens appearing to jump from across half of the map but other than that everything else was fine on the server
Multipayer is working fine for me!
I hosted a co-op game and had 10 - 15 players jump in and out of the game. It ran flawlessly on my end. I had a friend in my hosted game who said he had no problems at all in the game. I also jumped into a deathmatch hosted by somebody else today. Same thing, a perfect game. So far I have not encountered any glitches whatsoever. I'll keep testing. If you need them, my system specs follow:

AMD 8320 Processor
AMD Radeon R9 280X Video Card
16 GB DDR 3 1600
Win 7 Home SP 1
Post edited October 27, 2014 by masturtater
classicduke: You must love the alien. Funny play through though. Sounds like an AVGN rant. When using pred. I recommend using red vision against alien and it's best for locking on with shoulder cannon or disc. Green locks on to other preds and blue for marines.
advowson: I don't understand you. I have no experience with any of the classes. I only picked alien because it seemed simplest to pick up: move to melee range and strike. No special weapon types to try. What is AVGN and why would their rant sound like my recounting of a novice's attempt to play a game with no documentation? For the predator, the information about the colors is useful, if it is accurate. What is your source for this?
Look, if what I wrote was too brief then I apologize. This beta for GoG Galaxy is the first time I have had this game too. (We keep it of course.) I am a little bias to the Predator (favorite character) and I have not looked at the manual either but I toyed around with the vision modes in multiplayer mode. The Angry Video Game Nerd (AVGN) is a popular gaming video series about a guy who rants about poorly produced video games and consoles or difficult games. Below is a link to one of his videos. He seems like he doesn't know what he is doing and therefore he rants about the games being too difficult. It might help looking up a manual online or maybe an old website is still up to get the manual.

http://youtu.be/mKnl0CvfeLs
Post edited October 28, 2014 by classicduke
Hosted a game. It went very well, everything was very smooth, absolutely no problems with the launcher and the multiplayer.

Cheers.
* Report: Even suffering with low connectivity, I was able to play coop multiplayer sessions without having any problems.

Note: The connection that day probably was 500 kbps or a little lower.

=========
PC Configurations:

- (CPU) Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (E7400) 2.80 GHz
- (MEM) 4 GB RAM
- (VIDEO) Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE
- (Connection speed) 1 MB
- (Type of connection) PPOE
Played a little(i am in exam season), in Argentina tucuman, whitout a problem, and working fine...The only thing if that my season close, but that is probably the hoster ending the match...Evething is fine
Downloaded the game. Installed, then made sure my Norton 360 firewall allowed game access. Ran the game logged in, waited for the update and selected multi-player. No problem, I was able to join the game, only a couple to choose from. No lag or jumpy/froze screen at all.

Running windows 8.1 with a Broadband ADSL+2 connection, still had browser running. I live in a rural area a long way from our local exchange, yet still had a good connection.

We used to play this game, as well as a few others in co-op for weekend LAN parties. It played, on the internet, just as if I was connected to a LAN network in the good old days. Though, no need to manually assign IP addresses or anything, just "plug and play" as they say now.

Happy with game, happy with the GOG Galaxy server. NO problems here!! Great stuff.....

(I have been with GOG for years, this is my first attempt at multi-player)
Can someone upload all the files for GOG Galaxy please. I deleted mine and Re-installing AvP did not gimme a new one. PM me a link to download it, please.
Launcher was overloaded so I couldn't log in at first.

Multiplayer went about as well you could expect with everyone having a 350+ ping, no lag spikes to speak of. Crashed once, seemingly at random. Win7 64 on a Radeon 280X and Intel processor.