It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
When testing MP, I got the "Failed to authorize (2)" message.
Multiplayer working fine for me ... started first attempt with no lag :)
For some reason, I cannot see my own ping. I see it for other players, but not for me. Otherwise, I did not perceive any lag, but may be subjective. The game is insanely fast.

Other than that, multiplayer was a problem-free experience, everything auto-happened flawlessly.
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Kamamura
Hey guys. Since the new update I've had no problem connecting to games, so that's a huge improvement (previously I was getting "connection error" about 95% of the time).

I'm still being kicked from games after about 5 mins of play though
I had no problems with the multi-player mode (apart from getting killed a lot :) ). Very easy to join games.
I couldn't find any real problems with the game and it runs seamlessly. I think the game should have some kind of voting system so you don't have to play the same map over and over again but that might be more of a game thing and out of GOG's control.

The multiplayer is fun though and it gets pretty intense too. There just needs to be more people online so you always have a full server.
After some time playing i find no problems whatsoever associated with the multiplayer.
it workes just fine for me
Maybe is my connection (or maybe the host computer is too far away) but I can't connect to the multi, or if I connect I go offline almost immediately
I've played a few matches so far, and had no issues beyond things that are obviously coded into the game (like preds spawning in the marine starting area at the very start of a match) or otherwise easily explainable. I did see one or two people lagging, but most folks I saw seemed to be moving fluidly with no lag.

All in all, Galaxy seems to work flawlessly once you get the launcher updated.
Post edited October 26, 2014 by LibertyOrDeath
I'll post my experience in hopes that it helps out:
The connection process was simple. It recognized my handle automatically and there was no fuss of the original. Searching for a game was simple and didn't appear to have any hangups.

My only issue encountered network-wise was this potential issue with the game hitching every five minutes or so.
The effect would be that the game didn't accept my input or I would stop doing what I was doing.
To be fair, I cannot be certain this was network related and only post it in case others experienced the same. I was using a Wired Xbox Controller to play.

Otherwise the experience was without major incident. Will continue to look for useful information.

I cannot wait for Gog Galaxy. -Adam
I *think* I was loaded up in the wrong map. I joined a multiplayer LMS server and apparently no one could find me nor could they see me, nor could I really find them most of the time. Then, aliens would randomly show up as floating in different places. I rejoined the server and the map had changed. Please have the client verify with the server host upon having loaded that it indeed loaded the right map (I am guessing this happened because the map may have changed in between when my computer got "We're playing this map" and the host decided "We're switching")
Two bugs I saw while playing:
- Showing the message history (default key F1) does not work anymore. I'm quite sure that worked before.
- Sometimes when a player joins a game he has an empty name in the score list and the chat window spams messages "has joined the game" (without the player name).

Edit:
Is there any way to increase the number of chat lines and the duration how long they are displayed?
Post edited October 26, 2014 by eiii
The multiplayer through Galaxy launcher is totally unplayable for me because of the 100% CPU usage. The lag is absolutely terrible - it even, went into a total freeze.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+ at 1.6 GHz (the game runs absolutely fine without the galaxy multiplayer tool)
RAM: 2 GB DDR 2 at 800 Mhz Kingston HyperX in a dual channel mode
Video Card: Nvidia 7300GT with 256 MB DDR2 VRAM, 128-bit

Please can your devs add multithreading support or something else to optimize single-core performance?

Edit1: To clarify - my internet speed should be 32 Mbit/s and I downloaded the game with a speed of about 1-3 MB/s
Post edited October 26, 2014 by leon30
No problems what so ever. Multiplayer runs fine with no lag. It is legendary and I thank you for it.
leon30: The multiplayer through Galaxy launcher is totally unplayable for me because of the 100% CPU usage. The lag is absolutely terrible - it even, went into a total freeze.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3000+ at 1.6 GHz (the game runs absolutely fine without the galaxy multiplayer tool)
RAM: 2 GB DDR 2 at 800 Mhz Kingston HyperX in a dual channel mode
Video Card: Nvidia 7300GT with 256 MB DDR2 VRAM, 128-bit

Please can your devs add multithreading support or something else to optimize single-core performance?

Edit1: To clarify - my internet speed should be 32 Mbit/s and I downloaded the game with a speed of about 1-3 MB/s
Same problem here.
Post edited October 26, 2014 by Sacr3dus