It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
phandom: I installed the game on a second machine and the GOG Launcher says "Not authorized" at the bottom. I can play single player and skirmish but not multiplayer. It gives me a meassage that it "Failed to validate the lisence". How do I unauthorize a machine to play in another?
artician: That sounds like DRM. GoG what have you done? :(
Definately sounds like DRM and considering that an owner such as myself of the original CD can vouch it's not originating from the game, it DOES sound like GOG themselves have built the DRM into it.
Multiplayer works well. I have had to use a VPN however to connect, as I am gaming from a contry which has blocked the GoG servers. Even with the VPN, the game runs well, although subjected to random disconnects. Which is understandable due to the VPN. Very pleased with the results!

Tested with 2 computers, running various co-op multiplayer matches.

Computer #1)
AMD A10 laptop
Windows 7 64bit (up to date)
Dual video (integrated AMD 7600 + dedicated AMD 7660)
8Gb DDR3 RAM
1360 x 768 resolution
Current AMD Catalyst Control Center + Drivers installed

Computer #2)
Intel i5 laptop
Windows 8.1 64bit (up to date)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 Integrated (ENABLED)
nVidea GeForce 740M (DISABLED)
8Gb DDR Ram
1920 x 1080 resolution
Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NOT USED)
Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n (802.11g WiFi - n protocol NOT in use)
Drivers all up to date

Random disconnects seem to be unrelated to in game actions. Nor do they occur in regular intervals. I suspect the VPN to be an issue. Ping times were in the mid 200ms to night 300ms.

Thanks for all your efforts GoG!!!
I've tried joining around 30 different games. Every time I join a game, nobody else is there. The entire map is empty. I have yet to play with anyone so far. This happens on both my laptop and my desktop computer.

The program is allowed through the firewall, I'm logged in properly to GOG and I'm able to see and join games just fine. But there is never anyone else on the map. It's always a ghost town.
I just played nice and well in the few host I enter, sometimes there was a "Conection error" but i think maybe it was because a lot of people were trying to enter the same host.
technically the game works fine with my machine and internet connection. only 'change weapons' with mouse wheel should be implemented for convenience. this is standard for online shooters today, sure i know, it's an old game... i remember this dead on title well from back in the day.
Snottyguitars: technically the game works fine with my machine and internet connection. only 'change weapons' with mouse wheel should be implemented for convenience. this is standard for online shooters today, sure i know, it's an old game... i remember this dead on title well from back in the day.
It is implemented.
Just choose "Controls" from main menu, then "Predator/Marine Key Configuration" and finally select "Previous/Next Weapon". Press Enter and roll the wheel up or down ;)
Remember to choose USE THESE SETTINGS before leaving the "Key Configuration" menu!

Have a nice play!
A little long to join the first game but then it was good.

No lag.
I have played the multiplayer about 5 or 6 times so far. I have accrued about 3 to 4 hours play in total. I have not had any problems connecting to existing games. I created (hosted) a game and that was smooth and painless too! :) First try, perfect.

During the game, I occasionally noticed people teleporting/rubber-banding/whatever you want to call it. Just a couple of times, mind.

I tried a little bit of co-op one time. Not sure what was happening. It was a mission called 'Stranded'. Our team would eventually reach this building containing a mini-gun. The aliens would spawn and spawn, yet we could not progress. The host kept restarting the round. I'm not sure of the rules, though - maybe you just play for score until the time runs out? I thought I'd mention this in case it's a technical problem.

Two things that are bothering me a little:
1. Even when people have good ping, is there any particular reason why the Alien species is so hard to kill? Could it be lag? Or, maybe it's just some trick to the game that I don't know about because I'm new?
2. Is the chat working, or are people just really shy? ;) Every time I spoke, said "Hi"
or "GG" there was no response. In fact, no one appeared to utter one word the for the entirety of my playtime thus far. A bug?

Anyway, This game is fantastic, both on and off-line. Best freebie ever :)
Post edited October 22, 2014 by RetroCodger426
Awesome, but the bug fixes should be stickied and a tutorial would be absolutely great.
Thank you. The game and launcher ran without problems. In the menu screen, i click multiplayer, and the immediate message is no multiplayer game available. But one has to wait several seconds before a list of available games shows up. There was a time I had to wait a minute or more in order to connect. A wait message here would be useful.
Aliens really need to get hit in their freakish heads but their speed, game pace and lag can make this very very difficult.

As for chat... it's simply hard to even notice it and there's no time to read really. Plus most people play in really high resolutions and the console looks tiny.
RetroCodger426: I have played the multiplayer about 5 or 6 times so far. I have accrued about 3 to 4 hours play in total. I have not had any problems connecting to existing games. I created (hosted) a game and that was smooth and painless too! :) First try, perfect.

During the game, I occasionally noticed people teleporting/rubber-banding/whatever you want to call it. Just a couple of times, mind.

I tried a little bit of co-op one time. Not sure what was happening. It was a mission called 'Stranded'. Our team would eventually reach this building containing a mini-gun. The aliens would spawn and spawn, yet we could not progress. The host kept restarting the round. I'm not sure of the rules, though - maybe you just play for score until the time runs out? I thought I'd mention this in case it's a technical problem.

Two things that are bothering me a little:
1. Even when people have good ping, is there any particular reason why the Alien species is so hard to kill? Could it be lag? Or, maybe it's just some trick to the game that I don't know about because I'm new?
2. Is the chat working, or are people just really shy? ;) Every time I spoke, said "Hi"
or "GG" there was no response. In fact, no one appeared to utter one word the for the entirety of my playtime thus far. A bug?

Anyway, This game is fantastic, both on and off-line. Best freebie ever :)
During a game it is hard to chat. It would be cool to have a system where you could invite and message though. It is indeed a great freebie but I wonder if the official release will also come with extras and the people who already have a copy like us to try the beta will be getting the extras?
Post edited October 23, 2014 by classicduke
i updated and restarted as soon as posible, and then, play as multiplayer but always get the "unnable to connect" is strange :s
Lunous: i updated and restarted as soon as posible, and then, play as multiplayer but always get the "unnable to connect" is strange :s
Allow the Galaxy Client (in program files 86) Exe through Windows Firewall.
Lunous: i updated and restarted as soon as posible, and then, play as multiplayer but always get the "unnable to connect" is strange :s
BlackHeartKabal: Allow the Galaxy Client (in program files 86) Exe through Windows Firewall.
Thanks! now work great! =)!!