It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Wonderful!
Sometimes it is difficult to get connection, but when in game it works flawlessly
The multiplayer seems to be a bit of a mixed experience.

Only 50% of the time it will connect to a server, the other 50% of the time it comes up with an 'error' message. Once connected it appears to work fairly well overall.

Windows 8.1, 64 bit
I think there are no LAN option. I was unable to connect, maybe because my very poor net connection and slow speed.
Despite my low DSL connexion, Multiplayer works, with good pings from every clients.
I have a problem with connection: sometimes when I join a server it disconnects me when i begin shooting, and all other times it disconnects me randomly after joining. What can I do with it?
Ran the game, entered multiplayer, everything seem to work fine. Ran around a few seconds, got killed by another player (yes, i suck at shooters) everything seemed to be in order. :-)
Everything worked well. My ping is a bit high, but I think that is from my side.
For far, I've had no problems.

Thanks for reviving this game.
Architeuthis79: Just played an hour of multiplayer and everything worked great! It was a lot of fun and I am expecting good things from GOG Galaxy! Connected fine but there was a bit of a wait before it found available games. I thought the game froze but I just had to be patient. Eventually it found about 8 games to join. Other than that I had no problem playing the game but there was a problem when I tried to chat. I could not get out of the chat text box to rejoin the game. Just kept me in the chat interface. Don't know if that is a problem with the game or if switching to chat messed up the online multiplayer. Or perhaps I just don't know how to get out of chat.
NoNewTaleToTell: I was having the "Overly Attached Chat Window" issue too. I know the command that is supposed to let you out of it and tried to use it but I was still stuck until I realized you have to remove the quotation marks. Just type in "SAY" without the quotation marks.

Edit: So far I've encountered no issues whatsoever besides forgetting to remove the quotations marks from the chat commands.
Thanks, I will give that a try next time I play! It was fun gaming.
Played for an hour or more last night, mostly coop, hosting my own servers.
I had it crash on me once after hosting a few games and leaving them to look at the custom maps (and learn what the (c) in the names meant). Besides that it worked pretty well. My only complaint would be it seems that there is only one page list of games shown, not really sure how that server browser works.

Anyone know if there's a way to scale the amount of aliens that spawn in coop based on the amount of players? With 5+ it got a bit too easy.
Played for almost 2 hours yesterday. No problems at all. Graphics: Check. Sound: Check. Connection: Check.
Win 8.1, 64
Impressive work :)

On a side-note:
HOWEVER, I would LOOOVE is someone (anyone) could maybe make a patch/mod that slows down the marines and predator, as they match aliens in speed, which is just plain wrong and pretty much messes up the experience, though I understand that this is a gamedesign issue and not the kind that you want feedback on, I just wanted to throw it out there :)
Post edited October 21, 2014 by jonas.zejlon85
Got the same problem as a few other people here i get an error message when i connect to multiplayer games
I got my key yesterday morning and I noticed that I could see the servers listed but couldn't join any. My firewall is set to allow all game + galaxy related traffic so on a hunch I set my firewall to the "Allow all traffic" mode and as I expected I could join games. My firewall is F-Secure based.

I noticed while checking the firewall settings that there is an option to allow some ports/protocols and I remember this type of thing is often used for online games (I don't play online so I don't have experience with this sort of thing)

Does this game need ports opening?

If it does I haven't seen it mentioned so you might want to make a sticky thread about it.

I would also like to add that when I did get in-game, it seemed to be working correctly.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by MJVandershonk
This is my second feedback. Yesterday the multiplayer worked almost fine, but today my tests were very frustrating:

- Joining matches almost always ended in error messages ("Game connection error")
- In the few games I could connect to I was disconnected after about 5-10 minutes.
- I could join 1 coop match as a marine - smart gun. Weird thing was, the ammo count wasn't displayed properly. The gun worked correctly and also the magazine count was correct. Just the number of bullets always was 000. I then got disconnected from the game after about 10 minutes.
- I tried to host games several times which worked fine about 10 minutes until I also got disconnected.
Well it certainly is like the good old days of online PC gaming. When you load up multiplayer it says "no sessions found" then a few seconds later the sessions appear.....

Then you click on one to join.........it tries for a few seconds then says "game connection error" 99% of the time.

I did manage to join one that said it had 7/8 players, after running round for a few seconds I realised in fact I was the only one on there........

So then I try join some more sessions........."game connection error"

then finally.........oh joy it's connected to an actual running session with people in it!!!!!!!!! I killed an Alien straight away (admittingly it was because he was frozen in mid air) then 4 aliens and a predator run round the corner, totally mince me and as they are teabagging my corpse I get disconnected..........

so I try join another session..........."game connection error"......

then I give up, write this post and then just play the single player campaign.

EDIT: and yes I did apply the update before playing.

EDIT2: this is actually really starting to do my head in now. I keep joining the session GOG EUROPE (LDM 7/8) there's no one on there just lonely old me.......why does it keep lying to me and why am I so stupid that I keep clicking on it :(

EDIT3: nearly got to join a COOP game a minute ago.......got as far as it getting to the options screen......then disconnected.......

I actually give up.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by dovonob