It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Just played one Coop game and all worked fine for me on galaxy server..
Won't play more because game is too fast for me ^^
Windows 8 / Intel Quadcore / ATI R2XX / 8GB RAM
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Spielosoph
Tested on W7Pro.
Launcher updated on first launch, quick and painless.
Game launched without problems.
I found many an online DM game, could not join any - very unspecific error, I'll look into it.
Hosted my own coop server, which was found by a few GOG members and is getting the heck blasted out of it - very, very nice.
I'll need to try connecting to other people's servers again; will revert once that worked (or didn't).

Cheers!
Spinorial: 1. Game connection error. I kept getting the message for about 85-90% of my join attempts...Earlier in the day, at around 8-9 p.m. CET, I seemed to have little problem getting on servers, though I wasn't able to play then. When I did try, at 11 p.m. EDT, it was a chore.
Agreed. It was very easy to connect earlier in the day and got much more difficult to connect to servers in the late afternoon/evening.

Spinorial: 3. I tried hosting a server between about 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. EDT. Initially, people had a hard time even seeing it.
I heard the exact same thing from somebody else.

Btw, for the record, this is what the server list looked like during some of the peak hours (afternoon Eastern U.S. Time):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOpxNvcIX4
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Olde72
I tried multiplayer for the first time today. I was able to connect without issue and the game I joined quickly found other players.

I found the game speed to be very fast. I don't know if it was always like this or if it is just running at a faster speed like Wing Commander II did.

I also don't know how to change from species to species without having to quit the game I'm playing and then rejoin as the other species.

Those two points aside I found the MP aspect of the game enjoyable. I'll try again tomorrow.
got disconnected multiple times from the MP,

there was no lag, the game was running fine, and then suddenly BAM, i got disconnected just like that.
I've tried for almoust 45 min to join a multiplayer game. Every time I got "Game connection error". It didn't matter if it was a CCOP, DM, etc. - every time I got "Game connection error".
I have reistalled the game in the "Program files" folder, I only launched the game with the Launcher (after it said it was "Up To Date") - "Game connection error".

I'm living in Germay andI'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
One thing I noticed is mp is very fast. . .Is that supposed to be like that?

i7 4770, 16gb ram, win8
the galaxy myltiplayer system works fantastic.

but there is one thing when i neaded to respawn it says press opparate and i have no idee what button that is
radical9: the galaxy myltiplayer system works fantastic.

but there is one thing when i neaded to respawn it says press opparate and i have no idee what button that is
Try E. :)
That was the first time I played the game, and I have to admit that it was a good surprise for me. It's quite old, but the maps are really good, with all those light effects... And about the murtiplayer I have to say that it works quite well, no lag or bad framerate. I think it is a good opportunity to play a good shooter (if you play as a marine), with good ambientation and that can make anyone think if actual videogames are really tecnologicaly better or just a bit prettier-graphic.
Today I tryied. And at the beginning I have a problem for the connecting game. But later I reach the game and after that I din't face any problem. Smooth and fun.
Works great, had no problems :)
Fail to connect a few times when trying to join servers. Not sure if that was on my side or if the server just filled up or shutdown...

However I did manage to connect several times and everything ran smoothly.
(As far as I could tell anyway, AvP isn't a game I've have experience with online in the past.)

Looking forward to seeing more classic games with revived multiplayer via GOG galaxy. ^_^
vemin: ...

some feedback:
Launcher/updater worked fine - apart from trying to install visual c++ 2-3times.
I've never played this game so it took a few time to figure out how it works...

and one more thing - game uses your gog account nickname not the profile you created in game.
Well, yes, the same thing happened to me, while installing the game it kept installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable a few times and giving me some "run" error message each time. Every time I just clicked on OK and after 3 of these the game was installed and worked flawlessly. :)

I'd also like the game to use the profile name instead of our GOG name. Also, the letters in game are ridiculously small when running on 1920x1080! :D

A lot of players online, really nice. It's a cool and creepy game, doesn't even look that bad considering its age! ;D
If you don't want us clicking play from the launcher before the update completes then the option to do so shouldn't be there. The update was only attempted once, took too long, and failed. Now the launcher just displays the word "OFFLINE" under the PLAY button. I'm ready to uninstall.

After reopening the launcher a few times the message now reads "UP TO DATE" and multiplayer games show up and can be connected to 50% of the time but I am promptly ejected from those that I am able to connect to. No fun.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by rawmilk905