It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
First off, thanks to the team for allowing me to be part of the beta, much appreciated! Also, your choice of game has to be inspired? Anything to do with the Aliens Isolation launch? :p (Kidding!).

Single player works like a dream but the game seems to move a bit too fast for my liking? Or am I a grumpy old man who REALLY needs to move on with life? ;)

First try connecting to a multiplayer game worked - kept getting destroyed by the aliens who moved at a speed only Usain Bolt could dream of. Heh.

But after that - seems like most of the time I tried to connect to a game, this message kept coming up: "Game connection error". Rarely I was able to get through. Was able to host a game (with no takers) with no problems.

If this helps, I'm running on a laptop with Intel Core i5, the video card part really befuddle me but it's either Intel on-board graphics or/with Nvidia Geforce (not too knowledgeable on these sort of thing) and using Norton 360. Using Ethernet connection.

Overall, I think the GOG Galaxy addition is an inspired move and could end me using the service more!
classicduke: the aliens were jumpy.
I have found that the only weapon to be of any use is the flame thrower. Really does damage against them, and it doesn't matter that they fly. Of course, it also burns you too.

PeterV97: Single player works like a dream but the game seems to move a bit too fast for my liking?

First try connecting to a multiplayer game worked - kept getting destroyed by the aliens who moved at a speed only Usain Bolt could dream of. Heh.

But after that - seems like most of the time I tried to connect to a game, this message kept coming up: "Game connection error". Rarely I was able to get through. Was able to host a game (with no takers) with no problems.
1. It's just how these older games ran. They were all RUN N GUN :).

2. Yeah, OP up there. As I said up top, flame thrower for the win.

3. Yeah, I had the same problem. Seems there are still some bugs in the connection process. I found that if it doesn't connect in the first 30-40 sec, it won't. Try a different server.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by theredbaron
I had some difficulty getting into a multiplayer game earlier today, but it didn't seem to be anything on my end and just something with the servers. Either way, I got two games of Deathmatch and on Co Op game in, and everything was very stable, though still takes 30 seconds at minimum to connect to a server.

All this is on a quad core CPU with a ton of RAM and other high specs. Tomorrow I'll install it on my laptop and see how well it does there. So far, very impressed with how things are going.
The Available Sessions list will sometimes bounce back and forth between a list of multiple sessions and the "No sessions were found" message. I'm not sure why it would lose all of the sessions at once like that, but it can make it difficult to actually select a session. (Of course, I also don't know if this is a game issue or a GOG infrastructure issue.)
Pretty fun, but some problems with multiplayer:

LONG "no sessions were found" before loading sessions -sometimes a flicker of sessions would appear, then "no sessions" would pop up again.
LONG "joining game" wait time
Enemy marine seemed invincible to my flamethrower from point blank range and not firing back - this must be a bug
"you have been disconnected from game" after 20 minutes of play for no apparent reason -- was I kicked? Or maybe I closed the launcher and it had a delayed effect?
Icon for launcher and game should be different - I thought there were two instances of game running
Without client - "game connection error" (not very informative)
Unclear how to restart launcher -no icon in directory (had to search start menu for "galaxy")
Post edited October 21, 2014 by ecamber
Just finished playing a few rounds, here is my input.

Once you are in game, everything seems to work as it should. Performance is smooth, I saw lag rarely, games were bountiful, and aside from the weird proportions of the starting menu, everything seemed crisp.

However, getting things to work was a hassle. Firstly, there is the issue of the Galaxy client not working outside of my C drive's Progam Files x86 folder, but I understand that that is not final.

However, no matter what I did, I could not get the launcher to work unless the actual AvP Classic folder was located on my desktop. I tried changing the shortcut in the way recommended on the forum multiple times, but it only resulted in the game trying to update again and restart that odd C++ redistributable. I understand that future versions of the launcher will be more portable, but having to have this folder on my desktop bothered me more, and I hope it is addressed.

Other than this initial hassle, everything seems to work a-ok. So my folder gripes aside, thank you for the free game, and I hope that Galaxy flourishes. At least, in time for when you guys get AvP 2........
Tried several times to enter multiplayer, but at every attempt it said "failed to initialize".
Happy to report the multiplayer worked & I'm sitting on north Bali, Indonesia with a shitty laptop & a stick modem.
I joined a game, re spawned a couple of times. However multiplay has never really been my cuppa, always preferred single play. Will try it again, tho.
Thanks for the game.
Hi guys!

This is my report on multiplayer, the multiplayer game works great, I have only suffered two problems

And those problems have been over-ping (about 200 or more) something I find strange game even though the host are other players because my connection is 100Mbs and am directly connected to the router.

The other is some weird problem that arises when trying to connect to a game in coop, sometimes lets me in without problems and others check me without any explanation. Galaxy Gog think has a great future without a doubt.

Thank you so much for the game and to participate in the beta client
Just played an hour of multiplayer and everything worked great! It was a lot of fun and I am expecting good things from GOG Galaxy! Connected fine but there was a bit of a wait before it found available games. I thought the game froze but I just had to be patient. Eventually it found about 8 games to join. Other than that I had no problem playing the game but there was a problem when I tried to chat. I could not get out of the chat text box to rejoin the game. Just kept me in the chat interface. Don't know if that is a problem with the game or if switching to chat messed up the online multiplayer. Or perhaps I just don't know how to get out of chat.
My brother and I ran a few multiplayer games on various maps and we have to admit it was fun and brought back memories I'm glad I could re acquire this game since the original won't play on newer video cards as far as I can tell it is working fine I remember more lag back when I used to play but that was probably from I.S.P.
Architeuthis79: Just played an hour of multiplayer and everything worked great! It was a lot of fun and I am expecting good things from GOG Galaxy! Connected fine but there was a bit of a wait before it found available games. I thought the game froze but I just had to be patient. Eventually it found about 8 games to join. Other than that I had no problem playing the game but there was a problem when I tried to chat. I could not get out of the chat text box to rejoin the game. Just kept me in the chat interface. Don't know if that is a problem with the game or if switching to chat messed up the online multiplayer. Or perhaps I just don't know how to get out of chat.
I was having the "Overly Attached Chat Window" issue too. I know the command that is supposed to let you out of it and tried to use it but I was still stuck until I realized you have to remove the quotation marks. Just type in "SAY" without the quotation marks.

Edit: So far I've encountered no issues whatsoever besides forgetting to remove the quotations marks from the chat commands.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by NoNewTaleToTell
Really good Job no problem (yet) Flouid game and funny match no lag, A good compatibility with my OS (W8)
Multiplayer working well.No lag and no issues with the testing beta Galaxy launcher.
Thanks for this great game!Keep up the good work guys!
Here's a brief overview of the major issue that I experienced:

1. [EDIT: This appears to be resolved by giving AvP_Classic.exe permission from the Windows Firewall; I wonder why it wasn't given to begin with.] Game connection error. I kept getting the message for about 85-90% of my join attempts. I appeared to have particular trouble with COOP or TAG games. Earlier in the day, at around 8-9 p.m. CET, I seemed to have little problem getting on servers, though I wasn't able to play then. When I did try, at 11 p.m. EDT, it was a chore. Next I tried around 1 a.m. EDT. It was my first successful joining of a Coop game and the ghosting and was terrible. Then I got on a SDM server that started off smoothly, if a bit empty of non-aliens, but eventually made for a fun and varied game. 0 issues, though there may have been a couple of server resets - not sure if it wasn't simply due to the game rules (time wasn't out, though). Still, getting to that point was troubling. It would have been helpful if I'd at least been aware of the issues that prevented me from joining other games.

2. Matchmaking and game browser. I've been told GOG is working on improving that UI, but as it is, given the issues above, there's some serious tweaking to be done. I'd be more accepting of a limit of 8 games listed if I was guaranteed connectivity to them; again, this was anything but. So, some necessary additions to the UI would be: server/ player pings, species per game, private games, multiple-page game listing, game search, verbose error messages and diagnostics.

3. I tried hosting a server between about 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. EDT. Initially, people had a hard time even seeing it. Eventually, near the end some people were able to successfully join, but only groups of up to 2, and they soon left. Due to the lack of information, I was unable to determine if something was actually preventing people from joining, like I had experienced, or if there simply was little interest.

In conclusion:
Expanding server infrastructure? $10,000. Hiring additional networking programmers? $200,000. Organizing a somewhat successful stress test? $17,000. Biting the head of an unsuspecting Predator? Priceless.
Post edited October 22, 2014 by Spinorial