It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
Played about 3hrstoday, a lot of fun :)

some feedback:
Launcher/updater worked fine - apart from trying to install visual c++ 2-3times.
I've never played this game so it took a few time to figure out how it works.
I was unable to change keyboard layout - this game has some weird one so I wanted to rebind keys during the match - game just doesnt save changes.
Since you cant see your own ping so its difficult to know if there are lags on your side, but most of time I didnt see any.
Saw once a message in game - "this machine is now server" - so I guess it uses p2p multiplayer system.
the most annoying problem I had - is the connection time to selected server. It takes about 30-90 seconds. and you get connection eror with 50% chance. Dont know if its game's problem or gog galaxy..

and one more thing - game uses your gog account nickname not the profile you created in game.
vemin: the most annoying problem I had - is the connection time to selected server. It takes about 30-90 seconds. and you get connection eror with 50% chance. Dont know if its game's problem or gog galaxy..
Confirmed. Super annoying. Only started happening this afternoon/evening.

vemin: and one more thing - game uses your gog account nickname not the profile you created in game.
http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/is_it_possible_to_change_your_nameid_for_multiplayer
I was sending a team message during multyplayer and inadvertently erased the "team message" text. After this i was unable to send any message or disable the text box which left me standing in the same place and without action
The launcher reinstalls visual C++ but i am really happy with the ingame experience, i hope to see soon some kind of ingame screen from the launcher, i know its a really early version but is good so far.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by malak1474
While I was in an online co-op match, I got a message saying that 'This computer is now hosting the match', and after exiting, and looking for more multiplayer games, I got an empty list. After quitting and restarting the game, I can see games, but the 'joining game' process seems to hang, and I never get there.
mgodoy84: I was sending a team message during multyplayer and inadvertently erased the "team message" text. After this i was unable to send any message or disable the text box which left me standing in the same place and without action
Same problem here.
mgodoy84: I was sending a team message during multyplayer and inadvertently erased the "team message" text. After this i was unable to send any message or disable the text box which left me standing in the same place and without action
Did you try to type in Say and hit the Enter key? Usually works for me
It seems to run smooth for me, and the pings are low, but the game moves so fast that I can't really tell if there is any lag issues in aiming and hitting targets, or if people are skipping around or if they are just moving that fast. The game moves EXTREMELY fast.

There are also no sound effects, so I can't tell if I'm hitting someone based on that either, lol. The same issues exist in single player though, so I assume it's something to do with the emulation, which is unfortunate :(.

Just an FYI:
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit
- 16 gigs of DDR3
- Core i7-3820CPU
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 FTW Edition (4gigs of memory)
Post edited October 21, 2014 by daverian
Observations:
-Game shows "no sessions" message before showing sessions. Seems...inappropriate.
-Most games I tried to join ended with a disconnected message before getting the server settings screen.
-I only got into the actual gameplay four times, first time I was disconnected almost immediately. Second time I disconnected after a few minutes (hive). Third time I disconnected almost immediately. Fourth time I disconnected after a little bit of accidental friendly fire with the flamethrower (hive).
-I think my frame rates were pretty bad. "Pretty" is an understatement--very bad. HD 5870 at 1920x1200 with GPU scaling enabled so I can get through the menus. This might be related to BOINC using 100% of idle clocks...confirmed. AvP doesn't like sharing clocks.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by FordGT90Concept
I finally got to play multiplayer tonight. It works fine on my end only had one strange hang in middle of a mach but could not identify if it was lag on my end or the connection. Otherwise it worked like a dream.
Hi, I'd like to say thank you for letting me be a part of the beta. Love the game so far and have had almost no issues connecting to a Multiplayer game. Loading takes a little while at times but I am sure some people also have this experience. I do have a couple questions: 1) Is it possible for a controller like a Xbox 360 controller be compatible with the game? and 2) are there plans for older released games like Duke Nukem 3D to be with GoG Galaxy?
vemin: the most annoying problem I had - is the connection time to selected server. It takes about 30-90 seconds. and you get connection eror with 50% chance. Dont know if its game's problem or gog galaxy..
Olde72: Confirmed. Super annoying. Only started happening this afternoon/evening.

vemin: and one more thing - game uses your gog account nickname not the profile you created in game.
Olde72: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/is_it_possible_to_change_your_nameid_for_multiplayer
Bumped, same thing here.
kristenmaxwell: 2. When the host list IS populated, the entries tend to jump around a LOT, and without notice. My currently highlighted entry does NOT move when that host changes places in the list, and several times this led me to join the wrong server, as the hosts leapfrogged the INSTANT before i pressed enter to join the match. It would be great to slow this down a bit if possible. the entries were updating/moving about every 5 seconds or so.
I agree with this. The server "browser" is kinda wonky in-game. I dunno if that's the games old browser or a thrown together GoG quickie-fix to get it to run on "Galaxy"/their service but it's hard to tell what games to join when they scroll past and I can't seem to scroll down with the mouse to find them.

Otherwise the client being non-invasive and completely different from Steam's client is refreshing.
classicduke: Is it possible for a controller like a Xbox 360 controller be compatible with the game?
I can confirm that single player works fine with the 360 controller (tested with my PowerA 3rd party controller). Didn't need to set keys or anything, though they are not exactly how I would set them. Still, works fine.

Getting into a multiplayer match can suck though. Running Windows 7 with my firewall turned off, a direct Ethernet connection, and launched from the GOG launcher. Some times nothing, waiting 5 min while loading. Only been able to start one game, and then I tried to talk, and boom. Can't shoot, nothing. Chat won't go away. :|

Still, game is cool, cept the aliens are way to fast :).
classicduke: Is it possible for a controller like a Xbox 360 controller be compatible with the game?
theredbaron: I can confirm that single player works fine with the 360 controller (tested with my PowerA 3rd party controller). Didn't need to set keys or anything, though they are not exactly how I would set them. Still, works fine.

Getting into a multiplayer match can suck though. Running Windows 7 with my firewall turned off, a direct Ethernet connection, and launched from the GOG launcher. Some times nothing, waiting 5 min while loading. Only been able to start one game, and then I tried to talk, and boom. Can't shoot, nothing. Chat won't go away. :|

Still, game is cool, cept the aliens are way to fast :).
Thank you for the reply but I tried MP again and very confusing now. Not much people were on and the aliens were jumpy. I have to see about the controller when I play single player. Run on windows 8 and I should configure to resolution as well.