It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
multiplayer works fine for me, haven't realised any lags or something. good work!
I played it for some time, and it runs with almost no visible lag, the only problem was being disconnected from the match from time to time; but this could've been the host kicking me for no good reason.
I really hope to see such a good online mode for other games such as dungeon keeper or die by the sword.
I was able to play in a deathmatch once. After quitting and trying to enter another game all I got were connection errors. Later even the list of available games wouldn't display. Not very smooth so far :)
Working Great, Updating quickly and no lag on my end. Ping stays well below 100 for most players I tested with.
Everything worked fine.

If I wasn't so rubbish at this game I might have even enjoyed multiplayer but I could barely last a minute without getting killed :)

Still, very smooth, very easy to connect and no problems at all technically.
For me - first few tries (after installation and updating) to find a game resulted in NO GAMES information, but then (with no apparent reason) everything went OK. I joined couple of games, played for some time and still everything is all right.
Feels pretty great to me, no blips in service or nothin'. And I actually won a deathmatch game! That must be an error. I never win those sorts of things.
Multiplayer has some serious connection problems on my computer.

I tried joining server after server and I kept getting connection errors. I tried at least 10 servers, no luck. Finally, one of the servers let me join. When I connected the game played well, but I was disconnected about 5 minutes later. Very frustrating.

I have a Windows 7 machine with Kaspersky Security.
Today was an excellent day to play AVP Classic 2000. There were 20+ servers open. I agree with cdx.479 above, who says that the list of servers is very short (limited to only 10 on the page and no scrolling lower allowed) as well as the fact that the servers change/refresh very quickly.

That being said, there were still some hiccups I noticed. I got disconnected from multiple servers, and it takes a LONG time (upwards of 30-40 seconds) to connect to games sometimes. Way longer than it should take. And sometimes when I join a game that has 7 players, the game will take 30 seconds to connect, only to tell me that the game is full. There's a well-known glitch where the parameters from the previous multiplayer game carry over to the new game; when the connection time is so long, it's a real hassle. But I think that's a fault with the game itself, not GOG.

@GoG dev team, is it possible to make matches that have more than 8 players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOpxNvcIX4
Attachments:
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Olde72
Hi,

Tried the AVP2000 Multiplayer and here's what I gathered:

- Sometimes joining a game is not 100% guaranteed. On one occasion the "Joining Game..." screen just stayed there for a minute or so. Tired of waiting, I pressed the ESC key. Then I chose another server and the match started very quickly.

- In-Game: Damn, this game runs fast, way fast. Especially as I didn't see any Graphics Resolution option to set it to 1920x1080 (don't know if it allows it as it is an old game).

But the game plays nice and people/alien in it die fast...Very fast! :-)
mthead911: I am getting connection failed errors
Are you using any firewall software? Were you able to login in the GOG Launcher? Are you running the game using the GOG Launcher?
greenappleojh: Joined a game. Received infinitely repeating "has joined a game", "has joined a game", "has joined a game" at top of screen, one approximately every second. Screen was entirely black (except for the outline of another player, when they killed me).
This is a bug. We'll be investigating it. Thanks for letting us know.

Thraka: If you click JOIN on a multiplayer game, then immediately hit ESC to back out and start up a single player game, you still get status messages of what is going on the multiplayer game.
This is a bug. We'll be investigating it. Thanks for letting us know.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Venom
Hello,

Install, bit... long. - updates, distrubutables...ok.. I start & .... updates... login...distributables... got used to your install's (one installl... done... period).

Game
- good old AvP :) i'm going for single player again :) after so many year's it's going to be fun.

- MP - no problems, connection ok (used 60Mbit, low latency)
- lag's - i've played for 1-2 hour/s - seen maybe 2 or 3 times
- game play smooth and dynamic
- no time to chat ;) - didn't test it
- more to come.

GOOD JOB GOG!
Before today I had no problems playing online (when there were 2-3 active sessions). But today (just few minutes ago) I'm unable to connect to any session. After long "Joining game" screen it goes to "Game connection error" and that's it. Also, sometimes after trying to join the game I am no longer able to find active sessions until I restart the game ("There are no sessions available blah blah").

Also question, in my start menu I have to shortcuts to galaxy client :
"Aliens vs Predator - Galaxy Client"
"Alien vs Predator - Galaxy Client"

Is that suppose to be that way? Anyway, same thing happens no matter the client I start from. And when I had no problems I also had those two shortcuts.
cdx.479: The list of available games is very short, why not display more games?
There will be an update soon, that will change the UI here and allow you to see more options. But the options near the top will be the fastest for you.

cdx.479: The list of displayed games changes very quickly.
This will also be fixed in the game's UI.

cdx.479: Would be great if the games could be ordered by type or there was a filter (other filters / sorting, too).
This is mostly a feature of the game and it's UI, not Galaxy Multi itself, but currently lobbies are sorted in the "recommended for you" order, also taking into consideration your distance to other players.

madi2000: Install, bit... long. - updates, distrubutables...ok.. I start & .... updates... login...distributables... got used to your install's (one installl... done... period).
This flow will be fixed, once the full Galaxy Client is ready. There will be one login, one install ;)
For now we're using the GOG Launcher, that is a bit simplified.
Garret02: Before today I had no problems playing online (when there were 2-3 active sessions). But today (just few minutes ago) I'm unable to connect to any session. After long "Joining game" screen it goes to "Game connection error" and that's it.
We'll be analysing all the data from the tests, but it will take some time. We're also still tweaking some stuff. If you could try again in a couple of hours, or tomorrow, and see if anything changes for you.

Garret02: Also question, in my start menu I have to shortcuts to galaxy client :
"Aliens vs Predator - Galaxy Client"
"Alien vs Predator - Galaxy Client"

Is that suppose to be that way? Anyway, same thing happens no matter the client I start from. And when I had no problems I also had those two shortcuts.
This is a bug. We'll get it fixed, thanks for the head's up.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Venom
After playing about 4 hours I noticed as Alien that when I attack player with tail and I'm shure it must hit it doesn't and does when target is almost far from me.

Maybe this is 1.0.5 version problem because there's no such problem on 1.0.6. version on Steam which I play parallelly

Will you add official Map Paks? There are 7 of them and there are summary twice more new maps then Millenium expansion gives to us. I sent the note tu support but they;re silent

I shared zip in cloudand can post link here
Post edited October 21, 2014 by MaXenaeL