It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
namealreadytaken: Just played a game it was absolutely fine. No lag, fast load times, quick respawn. Didn't encounter any bugs... Although for a co-op game, there was a lot of last-man-standing going on ;-)

I could do with some instructions - I've no idea what the differences are between the types of Marine available - though I can look this up online.
I tried the different marine settings yesterday...
About the different type marines ...

Marine - You start with the Pulse Rifle and can pick up any of the other human weapons on the map

(Marine + name) of weapon means that you only have that weapon (specialize) and usually the pistol. You can not pick up any of the other weapons on the map. You can pick up the same weapon to refill ammo though. A Marine Pulse Rifle can pick up pulse rifles for ammo and grenades.

Not really any issues but tips:

When you are the host and need to back out (to change species) for example, the Automatic Host change works quite well. Had to do it yesterday.

Closing the chat Window...
Took me a while to figure out but in order to close the "in-game chat" clear out the entire message ( using backspace key) box and type "say" in the box and hit enter. Important to know because you can not attack/shoot when this window is active.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Tonyx35
Zero lag, zero lag spikes, consistent frame rates, not a flaw to be found on my end. Whilst enjoying my time at top spot with the smart gun, one player however did mention serious lag.
Other than that, a better online experience than some modern games.
I was able to join 3 different games this morning. When i could connect, they all worked fine (no noticeable lag, etc).

i did run into two problems when trying to join a game:

1. sometimes the server list would just go completely blank, usually after quitting from a game on another host. I'd keep backing up to Multiplayer, select Join Game, and get the empty server list again. If i exit the game and come back, it seems to work fine, finding a page full (10ish) of hosts.

2. When the host list IS populated, the entries tend to jump around a LOT, and without notice. My currently highlighted entry does NOT move when that host changes places in the list, and several times this led me to join the wrong server, as the hosts leapfrogged the INSTANT before i pressed enter to join the match. It would be great to slow this down a bit if possible. the entries were updating/moving about every 5 seconds or so.

thanks for the opportunity to help out-- i will let you know if i encounter anything else.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by kristenmaxwell
The only hiccup that I had was after playing one game, everyone left the match so I left to join another game, and it could not find any games for a minute or two. I hosted my own game, then left and went to join another, and then they all showed up. It could have just been something on my end but it wasn't much of an issue. Other than that, everything was perfect. I didn't experience any lag or problems during multiplayer. The launcher was also perfect.
When I select Multiplayer, my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and the game starts lagging badly and the sounds start skipping. I can see the servers just fine, but there is no sense in testing the multiplayer if there is something causing the CPU hogging issue. I have zero issues in single player.

EDIT: I just started a multiplayer server and the lag is so bad that I only have 1FPS before I am forced to CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the game. What could be causing this?
Post edited October 20, 2014 by AdmiralBarrett
I get "failed to connect" every time I try to get into the multiplayer area. It seems to me that there is a problem with Eset Smart Security blocking the multiplayer feature, even when I authorized the GOG Galaxy client specifically. The only way I can get it to work is by totally deactivating ESET's filtering, which I don't think is a good idea anyway...
Can anyone help with this?
Post edited October 20, 2014 by hacha_dorada
If you click JOIN on a multiplayer game, then immediately hit ESC to back out and start up a single player game, you still get status messages of what is going on the multiplayer game.

X has killed Y
B has joined the game

That kind of stuff.
Just downloaded the game today... I played a match and everything seemed to be working smoothly

"I'll be back" and provide further feedback in the coming days
Joined a game. Received infinitely repeating "has joined a game", "has joined a game", "has joined a game" at top of screen, one approximately every second. Screen was entirely black (except for the outline of another player, when they killed me).

Joined another game: all textures visible, everything works fine, except... nobody else seems to be in the game? I can see people join and leave via messages at top of screen, but can see no other avatars in game.

Fun times.

(Tested on single player mode and everything works fine. ETA: Machine specs: GPU = AMD Radeon HD 7640G //
AMD A8-4500M APU (quad), ~1.9GHz // 4 GB RAM // OS = Windows 7 64-bit. Using high-speed internet c55MB dl/5MB ul, if any of that's relevant at all.)
Post edited October 21, 2014 by greenappleojh
Okay, my (first) two cents after a little less than an hour.

First, game itself works like a charm most of the time. It even loaded my player profile and my settings from my Steam version without a hitch, so I could jump into the game without further delay. There was that time, however, where the menu lagged. but I remember this from the Steam version, and my guess is that it has something to do with the background video.

Now, on to game finding and joining: The first time I wanted to join multiplayer, the game list loaded with maybe half a second, a second delay. The first two times I tried to join a game, it stuck at the "joining the game" screen. Don't know if it had something to do with the specific game settings. Anyways, I left the screen and entered multiplayer for a second time: The same. The third time, the game said that there were no sessions. So I restarted the game, and now I was able to join a game.

Actual game performance was great, for a time. First time 5, maybe 10 minutes, and it started to lag badly. Second time I played half an hour (and had a great time BTW) until it lagged again.

Bottom line: Thank you, GOG, for the freebie. As an Alien nut, it is a great thing to finally play this one in multiplayer. I hope that my info helps you a little. Maybe, I'll post an update in a few days. I sure will play this one in multi again.
if you hit escape while joining multiplay all the games disapear and wont come back before restartting game.
The only problem I've encountered so far is that many connection attempts aren't successful and sometimes when this happens, the server list stays blank. I don't know if this has anything to do with the connection on my part, but I'm running my machine on an Ethernet cable to ensure maximum stability as well as higher speed. When I do get a connection there doesn't seem to be any lag at all and I had stable connections once the connection was established every time.

As for the game itself it runs perfectly fine, though that's what I'd expect. I get consistent 120 fps with no drops at all on a 1080p resolution with maxed settings. The only thing that irritates me is that the main menu doesn't seem to adapt to the screen resolutions in the settings. It seems to be running in a 640x480 window in 1:1 scale meaning I have a massive black border around a tiny menu. But since the monitor is also running in 640x480 mode it actually pushes full-screen windows form my primary monitor onto my secondary monitor. The actual game runs fine in 1080p and the resolution resets before entering a match without crashing the game or any other hick-ups.

So yeah, overall it seems to run fairly well.
I've just installed it and im having problems with multiplayer
Every time i join a COOP it disconnects after a few seconds, i tho it was lagg or that my connection wasnt good but when i tried other modes like LMS or DM everything went great.
I've played a few matches and everything works fine, thanks for bringing back the multiplayer on this game ;)
I am getting connection failed errors