It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Venom
tailsy64: I have a question, I noticed standing on a dead alien decreases health and my character suicides. I just want to be sure this is part of the game. I did it on purpose several times since the first few times I fired down at it and died. Just want to know as I'm familiar with Aliens vs. Predator 2 (been years since I've played it), and liking that game sparked my interest in this game as well as helping beta test multiplayer.
Acidic blood: one of the many facets of alien douchebaggery :P
Spinorial: Acidic blood: one of the many facets of alien douchebaggery :P
Thanks! This will make the game a bit more interesting as I didn't recall it in AVP2. XD Again, it's been years since I've played it, so I don't remember.
Raff: The Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses the Galaxy multiplayer library. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the multiplayer game experience. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking the PLAY button.

2. If you encounter any problem that you consider connected with the multiplayer, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there please. Add a detailed description, and if possible, a method of reproducing it.
It is working exelent, and since I started i havent found any problems
When I open multiplayer, it says that there are no sessions available.
RGillespie94: When I open multiplayer, it says that there are no sessions available.
http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/nobody_playing
I played this game quite a bit when it was first released here as a free stress test. I hardly encountered a single problem connecting.

However.. after installing the Galaxy Beta I tried to play multiplayer and doesn't work anymore. "failed to initialize", "falied to authorise" etc. Balls

*edit* Got it working again "phew" :)
I uninstalled and reinstalled the client and the game.
Post edited June 15, 2015 by RetroCodger426
GOG's servers are, bizarrely, still unstable. I got kicked out of a game today with the message "You have been disconnected from the server" for no reason.
It's a year later and, unbelievably, things are actually worse. Today I got a message from someone telling me that the Steam Crossplay servers weren't working so I decided to have a look. I saw lots of servers in the browser, but none of them could be joined. Tried the same thing with the GoG version, no luck. Uninstalled and re-installed the game, then installed the Galaxy client to see if that had anything to do with it. Nope. Saw the same number of servers but they still couldn't be joined. Does the newest update to the game eliminate an auto-refresh for the server browser or something? These seem like ghost servers; servers set up a while back and then the players left, but the browser thinks they're still active. Either that or they're only joinable a certain way.

I'd really like an answer to this one because I'm tired of seeing the same message every time I try to play on GoG's servers (see attached image).
Attachments:
Removing LAN play from a game more than a decade old. Classy. GOG really goes with the DRM free flow.
This is now much worse. The Steam version of AvP classic can be played in local multiplayer using nucleus coop. The GOG version? Nope.