It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I had installed the Classic Redux Mod this morning and a few updated weapon skins, I also added the uncut Predator Intro.

I noticed that shortly afterwards when I decided to have a play again that the launcher downloaded a 102Mb file. I jumped into multiplayer but didn't think on what was going on.

I decided to play a bit of single player around 20 minutes ago and noticed all the textures had been reverted back to their original low res. So I redone the mod installation and then started the launcher and it downloaded the 102Mb again and once again high res environment textures have been disabled and the uncut predator intro reverted back to the censored one.

I could understand if these mods were adding cheats to multiplayer but they aren't, they are just literally new high res environment textures and skins for weapons and character models with higher poly counts.

Not cool guys :(
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Iain
Hmm.. sounds a lot like Steam's "verify integrity of game cache" where it scans and re-downloads modified files setting the game back to a clean install. Hopefully they make it an option and not mandatory when beta testing is over. This would be the first time in AvP's history where mods are incompatible with multiplayer.
MadMaxRW: Hmm.. sounds a lot like Steam's "verify integrity of game cache" where it scans and re-downloads modified files setting the game back to a clean install. Hopefully they make it an option and not mandatory when beta testing is over. This would be the first time in AvP's history where mods are incompatible with multiplayer.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It states that the Redux Mod is compatible with players that don't have it installed on ModDb. I certainly hope they sort this out for the official store release as it does look pretty dated now, in a great retro way I might add.

Think I will install my AvP 2 for the time being and start playing AvP2010 on Steam and see if one of the staff jump in on this.
MadMaxRW: Hmm.. sounds a lot like Steam's "verify integrity of game cache" where it scans and re-downloads modified files setting the game back to a clean install. Hopefully they make it an option and not mandatory when beta testing is over. This would be the first time in AvP's history where mods are incompatible with multiplayer.
Iain: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It states that the Redux Mod is compatible with players that don't have it installed on ModDb. I certainly hope they sort this out for the official store release as it does look pretty dated now, in a great retro way I might add.

Think I will install my AvP 2 for the time being and start playing AvP2010 on Steam and see if one of the staff jump in on this.
It only happens with multiplayer or also with single player? EDIT: Forget it, I see you said it also happens on Single Player :(((
Post edited October 16, 2014 by YaTEdiGo
Iain: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It states that the Redux Mod is compatible with players that don't have it installed on ModDb. I certainly hope they sort this out for the official store release as it does look pretty dated now, in a great retro way I might add.

YaTEdiGo: It only happens with multiplayer or also with single player? EDIT: Forget it, I see you said it also happens on Single Player :(((
Yeah, you access multiplayer through the main game on the menu, there aren't separate single / multi player shortcuts
YaTEdiGo: It only happens with multiplayer or also with single player? EDIT: Forget it, I see you said it also happens on Single Player :(((
Iain: Yeah, you access multiplayer through the main game on the menu, there aren't separate single / multi player shortcuts
The verification only happens if you go through the GOG Galaxy shortcut not directly through the AvP Classic exe (atleast for Single Player). I am not sure you can go to Multi Player directly from the AvP Classic exe.
Iain: Yeah, you access multiplayer through the main game on the menu, there aren't separate single / multi player shortcuts
opticq: The verification only happens if you go through the GOG Galaxy shortcut not directly through the AvP Classic exe (atleast for Single Player). I am not sure you can go to Multi Player directly from the AvP Classic exe.
Yeah, so if you go for multiplayer it will change your files back so a bit of a catch 22 situation!
Are you launching the game through the Galaxy Client? If you're launching the game from the desktop launcher, then you are. When you do this, the game verifies your files and will re-download anything that does not demonstrate 100% compatibility to the original version. It will not delete certain things, such as most extraneous files, but anything that has been modified will be removed and automatically restored to its default.

To get around this, you must launch the game directly from AvP_Classic.exe, which is located in your GOG/Aliens versus Predator Classic folder. If you launch it from there, all of your modded files will be maintained. I recommend removing the Galaxy Client launcher and creating a shortcut to AvP_Classic.exe on your desktop.
Post edited October 19, 2014 by Olde72
Olde72: Are you launching the game through the Galaxy Client? If you're launching the game from the desktop launcher, then you are. When you do this, the game verifies your files and will re-download anything that does not demonstrate 100% compatibility to the original version. It will not delete certain things, such as most extraneous files, but anything that has been modified will be removed and automatically restored to its default.

To get around this, you must launch the game directly from AvP_Classic.exe, which is located in your GOG/Aliens versus Predator Classic folder. If you launch it from there, all of your modded files will be maintained. I recommend removing the Galaxy Client launcher and creating a shortcut to AvP_Classic.exe on your desktop.
There is any way to enjoy both things? I mean the online game with Galaxy in one side, and the Redux mod for Single player... I am thinking that maybe doing as you said, and installing the game TWICE could be the solution...
You can still join multiplayer games when you launch from AvP_Classic.exe, you're just not going through the Galaxy client. There's actually no difference in gameplay from what I can tell.
Hope they incorporate a fix for this