It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does LAN multiplayer still not work?
Kelcin: Does LAN multiplayer still not work?
Still not work? This version, Classic 2000, did not have and still does not have a LAN mode.
Although it would be technically possible and most amazing, if the galaxy client/network library would transparently (for the game) host it for LAN-play, if internetaccess was missing
m.gr.b: Although it would be technically possible and most amazing, if the galaxy client/network library would transparently (for the game) host it for LAN-play, if internetaccess was missing
Holy shit. Just wanted to say that that would be an amazing feature - the ability to host a local Galaxy session and practically play over LAN through the Galaxy API. Would be a pretty awesome way of keeping multiplayer alive even if a game's servers are ever shut down. Not sure with how many modern games that could actually work (considering their architecture) but there's bound to be a number of titles with which this should be possible without any issues like AvP 2000.
The only way to use "offline" LAN Multiplayer is only if you have the original Gold Edition of the game or any of it's critical files, such as the AvP.exe file.

And even then, you would still need a wrapper program such as dgvoodoo2 for this to work.

Why? Because AvP Classic 2000 had the local multiplayer options from the original "Gold Edition" of the game such as TCP/IP removed altogether. It's unfortunate and they just never seemed to got around restoring a local offline multiplayer mode.

So if any of you still have your Gold Edition CDs it's easier to restore LAN Multiplayer than you think it is. But if you don't have it, you may have to look for someone that has it and is willing to share some of the files on the original discs and get dgvoodoo2 to run AvP Gold to play LAN Multiplayer.
Well, I still have an original copy of AVP, it was one released under the Xplosive label. I think it is the Gold version. But last time I tried to play that version I found it didn't work on my computer; I don't recall why not.

So how can I add LAN options to the GOG version?
It is harder to add LAN support to GOG's version than to get the old disc working.
gog wants the game to have online multiplayer only. they are however basing their version on an unofficial patch which does not support lan. your best bet is to contact the patch developer directly.
A small question - I was looking on ebay for retail copy, found one quite cheap, but the problem is, that it's eXplosiv series.

In theory description at the back of the box was suggesting that everything is there, but I know that some games released in this series had cut off content (e.g. Resident Evil 3). Anyone knows, if explosiv version has all the stuff that other releases had?

It's about this offer:
https://www.ebay.pl/itm/ALIENS-VS-PREDATOR-GOLD-EDITION-VERSUS-PC-COMPUTER-CD-ROM-NUOVO-SIGILLATO/142614904148
MartiusR: Anyone knows, if explosiv version has all the stuff that other releases had?
The one in that Ebay link is the re-released version of the Xplosiv release and yes it is uncut. Note that you can only play MP with people who also own a "Gold Edition" version of the game.
MartiusR: Anyone knows, if explosiv version has all the stuff that other releases had?
Berzerk2002: The one in that Ebay link is the re-released version of the Xplosiv release and yes it is uncut. Note that you can only play MP with people who also own a "Gold Edition" version of the game.
Nice, thank you very much!
Don't know if someone is interested - I've learned quite recently, that on Zoom there is Gold Edition of AvP, which does contain the TCP-IP multiplayer. There are two versions of the game on the Zoom - Classic (which is identical to the one sold on GOG, except for the fact that in case of Zoom multiplayer doesn't work due to the fact that they don't have their own Galaxy :P) and Gold Edition, which is more expensive, but contains both Classic and "primal" version of the game.