It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is anyone using a gamepad or joystick? I cannot get mine to work.

http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/logitech_dual_action
Anyone? A yes or no will do...
Post edited November 01, 2014 by xtharpe
xtharpe: Anyone? A yes or no will do...
Hi there man, just see your post and decided to try out my gamepad, to see if it works. I am using the xbox 360 wired pad and my os Windows 8.1 , and it worked just fine, didn't haved to configure anything. Triggers for primary and secondary fire, sticks to move and look.
Hope it helped you.
xtharpe: Anyone? A yes or no will do...
citany: Hi there man, just see your post and decided to try out my gamepad, to see if it works. I am using the xbox 360 wired pad and my os Windows 8.1 , and it worked just fine, didn't haved to configure anything. Triggers for primary and secondary fire, sticks to move and look.
Hope it helped you.
i think i'm going to get a 360 controller just to try it in this game. is it just as fast as using keyboard/mouse? using my laptop i gotta aim with two hands in some situations where i know if i had a regular usb mouse plugged in i'd be able to run backwards while shooting and somehow aiming a bit more carefully, as well as turn around a lot faster, but what about the controller? just as fast or no?
I certainly want to start by extending my thanks to GoG for the beta testing.

I must say though, that the keyboard control functions are not very responsive; the only exception being movement, which unfortunately is so frantic that many times you come to close to a target or come out of position too easy.
The mapping of various functions is also so scattered across the keyboard that it becomes tedious to try and be either strategic or simply respond appropriately with either melee / ranged weapons.
citany: Hi there man, just see your post and decided to try out my gamepad, to see if it works. I am using the xbox 360 wired pad and my os Windows 8.1 , and it worked just fine, didn't haved to configure anything. Triggers for primary and secondary fire, sticks to move and look.
Hope it helped you.
beyizzer: i think i'm going to get a 360 controller just to try it in this game. is it just as fast as using keyboard/mouse? using my laptop i gotta aim with two hands in some situations where i know if i had a regular usb mouse plugged in i'd be able to run backwards while shooting and somehow aiming a bit more carefully, as well as turn around a lot faster, but what about the controller? just as fast or no?
I found it just as fast as mouse and keyboard, the only downside I would say, is of the control method itself, therefore the lack of precision or not the same amount of precision as keyboard and mouse.
But if you are think of buying one I would most definitely recommend it as it have the advantage of being widely supported by new games (old ones to apparently) and for me its one of the most confortable gamepads I haved ever used.
mjcorrell: I certainly want to start by extending my thanks to GoG for the beta testing.

I must say though, that the keyboard control functions are not very responsive; the only exception being movement, which unfortunately is so frantic that many times you come to close to a target or come out of position too easy.
The mapping of various functions is also so scattered across the keyboard that it becomes tedious to try and be either strategic or simply respond appropriately with either melee / ranged weapons.
Hey, I totally aggre with you man, GoG deserve our thanks and congrats with AvP / galaxy beta testing and for their services in general.
The thing is, that kind of loose movement that the game have is of the game itself and I don't think that they will change that.
The spread of the mapping, its a problem of older games as they, like Duke Nukem 3D and they can be remapped, but I think that the gamepad support was added by GoG, so maybe they can end up remapping the keys to a more modern configuration, because I do concur that the old remapping it's kind of obsolete.
xtharpe: Is anyone using a gamepad or joystick? I cannot get mine to work.

http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000/logitech_dual_action
I don't know you...
I have a DS3 (dualshock 3 controller for PS3) and some
programs for my PC that tricks it into thinking it's a gamepad,
it's a little sticky. I'm updating it right now to see if it'll work after that,
but honestly... i dunno.
xtharpe: Is anyone using a gamepad or joystick? I cannot get mine to work.

I just tried it.
It seems to work, and because the program I'm using well...
"tricks my PC into thinking it's a 360 gamepad" it should work with a 360 gamepad as well.
You just need to update it is all... though it is MUCH easier to play it with a keyboard!