It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hi folks. I realize this may be a bit of a sketchy post, but alas.

I'm trying to install avp on a macbook pro with portingkit. I'm using the offline installer file. every time I try to install, I get stuck on "installing winetrick d3dx9_36".

I have left the installer running overnight, to no avail. I have done considerable searching through various forums (including this one) to find a resolution, but none have appeared. the closest I've found has been the topic "avp on wine" but that did not seem to apply to what was going on for me. I am not a well-versed computer user, so a lot of things admittedly go over my head. does anyone have any insight? thanks in advance.
LeftenantNev: hi folks. I realize this may be a bit of a sketchy post, but alas.

I'm trying to install avp on a macbook pro with portingkit. I'm using the offline installer file. every time I try to install, I get stuck on "installing winetrick d3dx9_36".
A MacBook Pro running what? It's getting stuck before running the GOG installer, e.g. in the PortingKit side. Assuming it's not the OS.
LeftenantNev: hi folks. I realize this may be a bit of a sketchy post, but alas.

Gydion: A MacBook Pro running what? It's getting stuck before running the GOG installer, e.g. in the PortingKit side. Assuming it's not the OS.
I'm running el capitan 10.11.6.
LeftenantNev: I'm running el capitan 10.11.6.
Good, so not Catalina. The winetricks script might be outdated. I now remember why PortingKit pisses me off. I can't see the source and I don't know where the formulas live. You can try updating winetricks either through PortingKit if it lets you or manually by downloading the latest version & overwriting the PortingKit version.
Another option is Gcenx's unofficial Wineskin, look under releases. With that you would manually need to do the install plus any overrides/configuration.
Post edited November 06, 2019 by Gydion
LeftenantNev: I'm running el capitan 10.11.6.
Gydion: Good, so not Catalina. The winetricks script might be outdated. I know remember why PortingKit pisses me off. I can't see the source and I don't know where the formulas live. You can try updating winetricks either through PortingKit if it lets you or manually by downloading the latest version & overwriting the PortingKit version.
Another option is Gcenx's unofficial Wineskin, look under releases. With that you would manually need to do the install plus any overrides/configuration.
thanks much. I'll report back.