It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I avoid MP like the plague but I recently finished up the SP camp for this game and thought with clear skies today (knock on wood) now would be my best chance to give Galaxy a go; my shit bandwidth may kill me but you never know until you try. Okay so how? When I click on the icon it just gives me the option of playing offline or support. Also, is there some game decor I should know, etiquette?

tinyE: I avoid MP like the plague but I recently finished up the SP camp for this game and thought with clear skies today (knock on wood) now would be my best chance to give Galaxy a go; my shit bandwidth may kill me but you never know until you try. Okay so how? When I click on the icon it just gives me the option of playing offline or support. Also, is there some game decor I should know, etiquette?

Are you in the actual Galaxy alpha, or just the game launcher? If the former, I won't be of much help, though you should probably submit a bug report about it. Also, JMich might be able to assist.

For the launcher, the first time you use it, and at certain intervals later on,you'll be prompted to log in or go offline. You don't need the launcher running, or Galaxy, to play online, but you need to log in once. It will create a token somewhere and the game will be able to see it and authenticate you.

If you've chosen to go offline in the launcher previously and now it won't let you... not sure. I think you have to wait for it to reset and prompt you to log in again. You can try deleting the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GalaxyClient (you were on XP, right?) and run the launcher again. Don't worry, it will re-create it, and hopefully ask you to log in again, fingers crossed.
tinyE: I avoid MP like the plague but I recently finished up the SP camp for this game and thought with clear skies today (knock on wood) now would be my best chance to give Galaxy a go; my shit bandwidth may kill me but you never know until you try. Okay so how? When I click on the icon it just gives me the option of playing offline or support. Also, is there some game decor I should know, etiquette?

Spinorial: Are you in the actual Galaxy alpha, or just the game launcher? If the former, I won't be of much help, though you should probably submit a bug report about it. Also, JMich might be able to assist.

For the launcher, the first time you use it, and at certain intervals later on,you'll be prompted to log in or go offline. You don't need the launcher running, or Galaxy, to play online, but you need to log in once. It will create a token somewhere and the game will be able to see it and authenticate you.

If you've chosen to go offline in the launcher previously and now it won't let you... not sure. I think you have to wait for it to reset and prompt you to log in again. You can try deleting the contents of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GalaxyClient (you were on XP, right?) and run the launcher again. Don't worry, it will re-create it, and hopefully ask you to log in again, fingers crossed.
I'm on Win 7. I'll figure it out.
tinyE: I'm on Win 7. I'll figure it out.
Then it's C:\ProgramData\GalaxyClient.
ProgramData is hidden, though, so you might need to open the menus: View>Folder Options, and tick the box "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Sorry, I'm on 8.1 so can't help you with the exact instructions - they changed the interface a bit.
tinyE: I'm on Win 7. I'll figure it out.
Spinorial: Then it's C:\ProgramData\GalaxyClient.
ProgramData is hidden, though, so you might need to open the menus: View>Folder Options, and tick the box "Show Hidden Files and Folders". Sorry, I'm on 8.1 so can't help you with the exact instructions - they changed the interface a bit.
I found it but no dice. I'm not going to worry about it right now. From time to time it will ask me to log on or off but it hasn't yet today; I'll just keep my eyes open. Besides I just reinstalled AvP 2.
tinyE: I found it but no dice. I'm not going to worry about it right now. From time to time it will ask me to log on or off but it hasn't yet today; I'll just keep my eyes open. Besides I just reinstalled AvP 2.
Bah, that'll just dull your reflexes :P
Try opening regedit and deleting the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GOG.com\Galaxy\refreshToken
Else, give JMich a ping and ask him if he knows how to force the Galaxy launcher login prompt.
Spinorial: Try opening regedit and deleting the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GOG.com\Galaxy\refreshToken
Else, give JMich a ping and ask him if he knows how to force the Galaxy launcher login prompt.
I checked and that's actually the way to do it! When will you be online?
Spinorial: Try opening regedit and deleting the string HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GOG.com\Galaxy\refreshToken
Spinorial: I checked and that's actually the way to do it! When will you be online?
Tomorrow probably. I'm bear tonight though I may log on just to see if it works.
Spinorial: I checked and that's actually the way to do it! When will you be online?
Of course I can't find that string in regedit.
tinyE: Of course I can't find that string in regedit.
That's annoying. Did it ever prompt you to log in? When you run it, is there a pause before the launcher appears, when it checks for updates?
tinyE: Of course I can't find that string in regedit.
Spinorial: That's annoying. Did it ever prompt you to log in? When you run it, is there a pause before the launcher appears, when it checks for updates?
From time to time I get that, though I don't know if I will now because I found that string (well part of it, I found the galaxy part) and deleted that and nothing, and then when I reinstalled the game it never put it back. I'm getting a little sick of dealing with it right now, maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
tinyE: From time to time I get that, though I don't know if I will now because I found that string (well part of it, I found the galaxy part) and deleted that and nothing, and then when I reinstalled the game it never put it back. I'm getting a little sick of dealing with it right now, maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Well, better luck then. Again, you might want to ping JMich, or maybe Venom or Judas, in case they know how to draw out a login prompt. From my tests, deleting the string resets the credentials, but if you're not connected to the internet, it immediately defaults to offline mode.
Post edited December 07, 2014 by Spinorial