It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens have too much advantage
ares10071973: Aliens have too much advantage
Why? Because of their low health? Or because they don't have any ranged weapons?

Aliens have three "special features":
- they're fast
- they can walk everywhere (including ceilings)
- they can jump (about 10 m high - that's 33 feet for the non-metric world^^)

That's it. But they have two major disadvantages! 1. They're exclusively melee fighters. Spot an Alien from far away and it's toast. 2. Health is very low... One hit with the disc, shoulder cannon (charged), spear gun, plasma pistol, grenade launcher, Sadar, Skeeter or (not sure about the last one) a grenade from the pulse rifle and you're dead. Minigun and flamethrower will bring down an Alien in almost no time. A charged hit from another Alien's tail will kill you too.

If you learn how to play as an Alien, it's fun. A charged tail attack from behind is an instakill for Aliens and Marines and brings down a Predator's health a lot. But it is a melee attack... And thanks to the Alien's low health (and the huge variety of weapons that could one-shot an Alien) you can't do a frontal attack! The Alien needs its speed and ability to walk on walls. Otherwise it would be useless.
Among more experienced players, aliens are actually considered the worst species and most difficult to master. I am not one of them, but I have talked to plenty who tell me about the 'good old days'. In general, one thing was common, alien was just never viable for high level competitive play, no matter how good you are with the alien, a Predator or Marine of equal skill will be able to beat an Alien player.

If you wish to talk about a race with too much advantage, talk about the predator lol.
-Can run as fast as an alien (though using certain techniques an alien can go much faster)
-Can use camouflage against marines and other preds
-All weapons are capable of being a one hit kill in some respect, (yes, even the wrist blades)
-Most health of all races, around three times as much as a marine
-Three different vision modes which highlight individual species, although can be difficult to utilise against multiple species, in 1v1, this makes the predator the king in any versus situation.
-Speargun has an instantaneous velocity, meaning you just need to time the shot right.
-Lock on weapons like the Shoulder Cannon and (ugh) Disc
-Can heal any time it wishes providing it has the energy to do so (as opposed to the alien which has to kill first, or marine which has to find pick-ups)
-Most maps are well suited to the Predator (and to a lesser extent, the marine), with few maps being that good for aliens.

I am sure there are more advantages towards the pred, but that is what I can think of off the top of my head.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Grzegorz925
Back in 2000, predators were considered the most over powered race because of their disc weapon. =)
real.geizterfahr: 2. Health is very low... One hit with the disc, shoulder cannon (charged), spear gun, plasma pistol, grenade launcher, Sadar, Skeeter or (not sure about the last one) a grenade from the pulse rifle and you're dead. Minigun and flamethrower will bring down an Alien in almost no time. A charged hit from another Alien's tail will kill you too.
Yes, also a grenade from the pulse rifle kills an alien. The only weapon where I disagree is the flamethrower. Although it's somewhat annoying it's quite useless. A hit with it does not even nearly kill an alien as the alien can extinguish the fire quickly by moving fast.
Xxan: Back in 2000, predators were considered the most over powered race because of their disc weapon. =)
They are overpowered even without the disc I think. ;)
Post edited October 29, 2014 by eiii
Aliens are a nightmare to kill if there is any lag factor though. Very hard to get a clean grenade hit.
ares10071973: Aliens have too much advantage
o rly?
Post edited November 03, 2014 by Olde72