It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

comment here if you'd like to play, state preference for AoW1 or AoW2 (MPE probably), and how many PBEMS you'd be willing to sign up for ;)
All for some AoW1 games, I have no games on the go currently
I think we can count in VFR and Arnuz as well
With the end of Lost, I should be able to manage another game.

AOW: I haven't ever played Xelm or Maugogom. Which one is the one with the wizard towers as only way to acquire spells?

For AOW:SM I'd propose, for a change, a game without units supermarket through seduction, dominate, enslave, resurrect. So no elves, dark elves (succubi), tigrans, halflings & orcs & demons (gold medal tier 3s), nomads, undead, archons, and ideally even humans for the special units (courtesan)... Am I forgetting anything? I guess we can keep angels as they're pretty late game summons, but disbanding enemy resurrected units after the battle. Or even better let's say no researching angels. To make it simple we could do a random map, since at the starting configuration allows selecting the races on the map.
Looking at http://aow2.heavengames.com/aowsm/gameinfo/units14/extraunits.shtml that leaves naga and mermaid, probably both creatures, so we should decide what to do in the unlikely event that they're found (fortresses, camps...). Ideally we should even edit items and heroes to remove these powers but that's quite some effort... Maybe we can just say from the beginning that any such heroes, items and creatures cannot use those powers. Using this we could at least keep humans.
I'm up for Shadow Magic games (if I can fix problem with manual combat crashing game, mentioned in a thread I just made).
Arnuz: AOW: I haven't ever played Xelm or Maugogom. Which one is the one with the wizard towers as only way to acquire spells?
Maugogom. And it was partly inspired by your complaints about Haste and Eagles being OP.
Just noticed this.

Put me up for AoW1
I'll play a Maugogom game.
Thereunto:
Arnuz:
ZFR:
Bookwyrm627:
The next episode of me tortuing innocent players with deranged, bugged map concepts is at hand.

Race choices are: Dwarves, Azracs, Orcs, Goblins, Dark Elves.
Will make a thread for the Maugogom PBEM tomorrow
Bookwyrm627:
southern: The next episode of me tortuing innocent players with deranged, bugged map concepts is at hand.

Is this a fully non-mod version?

I don't think I care, though I do wonder how the digging is going to go, since only two races have innate diggers.
southern: The next episode of me tortuing innocent players with deranged, bugged map concepts is at hand.

Bookwyrm627: Is this a fully non-mod version?

I don't think I care, though I do wonder how the digging is going to go, since only two races have innate diggers.
Actually, Sandworms are tunnelers too. The Orcs and Dark Elves will acquire a Goblin town.
Dibs on goblins, if no one objects.
I see a AOW1 game was started, are you likely to do any AOWSM May games? My PBEM is now working, I just can't do manual combat, but happy to play anyway, it otherwise works fine (do you lot usual do manual or fast combat out of interest).

Happy to sign up for a few games, also happy to wait till June if you don't tend to have many on the go at a time :)
goggogaowsm: I see a AOW1 game was started, are you likely to do any AOWSM May games? My PBEM is now working, I just can't do manual combat, but happy to play anyway, it otherwise works fine (do you lot usual do manual or fast combat out of interest).

Happy to sign up for a few games, also happy to wait till June if you don't tend to have many on the go at a time :)
Sure, well 'May' was just a way of distinguishing the thread from previous ones, might keep using it for 2 more months who knows.

Hopefully you can figure out the SM bug you're having, but if you don't we can play on a map where the indies aren't super-strong and player-vs-player combat starts earlier, since that's always automated. Could give you some extra units or mines to compensate for having to automate the indie battles.
I'd love to play but I am new to PBEM . If someone can walk me through the process I'd be quite grateful