It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Would anyone happen to know what the current version of Age of Decadence is on GOG?

[EDIT: To my disappointment, upon buying and installing Age of Decadence, I found that the PC version on GOG is actually 1.6.0.001, despite the changelog on the download page stating version 1.6.0.2.]

The version on Steam seems to be 1.6.0.003 (updated in May 2017), while the last GOG update is listed as 1.6.0.2 (updated in June 2017).

The changelog for the Steam version (1.6.0.003) is nearly identical to GOG's changelog for 1.6.0.2.

And in this post (June 1st), Amgot mentions GOG not yet having the 1.6.0.003 patch, though 5 days later the 1.6.0.2 update arrived on GOG.

So I'm wondering if perhaps these two versions are identical, but labeled differently for some reason?

Thank you for any info (or even good guesses).
Post edited September 25, 2017 by zakmckracken
This question / problem has been solved by Sunfire7image

Post edited May 10, 2022 by Sunfire7
Sunfire7: Versions 1.6.0.002 and 1.6.0.003 are identical.
Thank you, Sunfire7. This is extremely helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

It seems that the PC standalone installers haven't yet been patched to 1.6.0.002 (aka 1.6.0.2). The version number in-game (after installing the current GOG version) and the filenames report 1.6.0.001.

I am writing GOG support now, and will hopefully be able to get this sorted out so we can all enjoy the latest version of the game.

[EDIT: I wrote Iron Tower Studio, the developer, as well. Perhaps there will be some movement on this in the near future. If not, it looks from the Iron Tower forums that a new patch is in the works. Maybe that update will make its way into the standalone installers properly.]
Post edited September 26, 2017 by zakmckracken
Sunfire7: Versions 1.6.0.002 and 1.6.0.003 are identical.
zakmckracken: [EDIT: I wrote Iron Tower Studio, the developer, as well. Perhaps there will be some movement on this in the near future. If not, it looks from the Iron Tower forums that a new patch is in the works. Maybe that update will make its way into the standalone installers properly.]
That's strange - while the current version on GOG is most definitely 1.6.0.001, most of those things mentioned in the changelog have been fixed as far I can tell. Based on my memory of a playthrough from a few weeks ago at any rate.

So, are we sure that the 1.6.0.001 we have isn't actually 1.6.0.002 or 1.6.0.003?
squid830: That's strange - while the current version on GOG is most definitely 1.6.0.001, most of those things mentioned in the changelog have been fixed as far I can tell. Based on my memory of a playthrough from a few weeks ago at any rate.

So, are we sure that the 1.6.0.001 we have isn't actually 1.6.0.002 or 1.6.0.003?
I just installed the game again to double-check, and on the Main Menu, when the game first starts (on the bottom right), it says "Build Version: 1.6.0.0001". (I'm sure you noticed this, and I am only mentioning it because it's a point of confusion.)

However, as you suggested, I found the feature I was looking for when I dug deeper into the Options Menu (the ability to increase font size). I could be mistaken, but I believe that feature was added in the 1.6.0.003 update, so it seems very likely that GOG does have the latest version and that there is a version number mismatch for some reason.

I have run into this sort of thing on GOG in the past (recently actually), so I should have taken a closer look at the features reported in the changelog and thoroughly searched the Options Menu rather than rely solely on the in-game build number.

Well, mystery solved maybe? I would mark your post as an additional solution were I able. Thanks for your help, squid830!

[EDIT: GOG Support just contacted me, and they have sorted out the changelog on the game's download page. It now says version 1.6.0.001, yet lists improvements that were introduced in 1.6.0.003. The changelog looks almost identical to 1.6.0.003.]
Post edited September 26, 2017 by zakmckracken
squid830: That's strange - while the current version on GOG is most definitely 1.6.0.001, most of those things mentioned in the changelog have been fixed as far I can tell. Based on my memory of a playthrough from a few weeks ago at any rate.

zakmckracken: I just installed the game again to double-check, and on the Main Menu, when the game first starts (on the bottom right), it says "Build Version: 1.6.0.0001". (I'm sure you noticed this, and I am only mentioning it because it's confusing.)

However, as you suggested, I found the feature I was looking for when I dug deeper into the Options Menu (the ability to increase font size). I could be mistaken, but I believe that was a feature added in the 1.6.0.003 update, so it seems very likely that GOG does have the latest version and that there is a version number mismatch for some reason.

I have run into this sort of thing on GOG in the past (recently actually), so I should have taken a closer look at the changelog and the Options Menu rather than rely on the in-game build number.

Well, mystery solved maybe? I would mark your post as an additional solution were I able. Thanks for your help, squid830.
Yep my experience mirrors yours - game version supposedly 1.6.0.003, and one of the supposed things added according to changelog is the font size adjustment (which is definitely in the version we have). I distinctly remember the stat-repairing healing salve having the correct name too, along with other similar changes.

So... based on this I'm at least 90% sure we do have the latest version - but someone should really fix those build numbers. Players shouldn't have to verify changelogs to figure out what version they're running - that's what version numbers are for!

On top of that, a number of people's time has possibly been wasted on effectively trying to fix something that isn't actually broken (except the version number of course) - players, GOG people, maybe even devs. I was very close to ranting about how we get screwed over compared to Steam (again!)...
squid830: Yep my experience mirrors yours - game version supposedly 1.6.0.003, and one of the supposed things added according to changelog is the font size adjustment (which is definitely in the version we have). I distinctly remember the stat-repairing healing salve having the correct name too, along with other similar changes.

So... based on this I'm at least 90% sure we do have the latest version - but someone should really fix those build numbers. Players shouldn't have to verify changelogs to figure out what version they're running - that's what version numbers are for!

On top of that, a number of people's time has possibly been wasted on effectively trying to fix something that isn't actually broken (except the version number of course) - players, GOG people, maybe even devs. I was very close to ranting about how we get screwed over compared to Steam (again!)...
Thanks for bringing all of this to everyone's attention, squid. I'm certain I'd still be confused had you not come along.

I can't recall specific titles, though on occasion I have seen GOG patch certain games with some improvements from newer updates, leaving others out. I don't think that was the case in this instance, and agree with what you've said about it likely being the latest version.

We also agree on the importance of 'tagging' things correctly. I don't want to waste GOG's time, and as I said, just went through a similar situation involving mismatched version numbers with another game (Shadowrun: Hong Kong).

I know what you mean about getting screwed over compared to Steam. Like many GOG customers, I've waited extended periods of time (years in at least two cases) for updates that were available on Steam immediately. Unfortunately, this usually seems to have been an issue with developers not sending GOG their updates.

Sometimes I feel like screaming, "Hey, developers, we're down here! Please don't forget about us!" :)

Post edited May 10, 2022 by Sunfire7
Sunfire7: Let me clarify, near-numbers versions (like 1.6.0.000-1.6.0.004) are identical in gameplay, the only differs are 32 or 64 bit EXE file, and Steam or GoG installer.
I.e. Steam 64-bit exe is 1.6.0.3 / 1.6.0.0, and 32-bit is 1.6.0.4 / 1.6.0.0, while GoG 64-bit exe is 1.6.0.1 / 1.6.0.0, and 32-bit is 1.6.0.2 / 1.6.0.0.
That is super confusing, but interesting and useful information. Thanks for explaining this, Sunfire7.
Post edited September 29, 2017 by zakmckracken
Sunfire7: Let me clarify, near-numbers versions (like 1.6.0.000-1.6.0.004) are identical in gameplay, the only differs are 32 or 64 bit EXE file, and Steam or GoG installer.
I.e. Steam 64-bit exe is 1.6.0.3 / 1.6.0.0, and 32-bit is 1.6.0.4 / 1.6.0.0, while GoG 64-bit exe is 1.6.0.1 / 1.6.0.0, and 32-bit is 1.6.0.2 / 1.6.0.0.
zakmckracken: That is super confusing, but interesting and useful information. Thanks for explaining this, Sunfire7.
Agree on both counts - thanks for the info Sunfire7.

And here I was thinking that GOG version numbers were now aligned with actual version numbers - apparently this isn't quite the case. Though it seems like Steam does something similar.

The strange thing is, I have both a 32-bit and a 64-bit exe for AOD, and both files have the exact same timestamp. I did update it via Galaxy though, maybe that has something to do with it...
When can we expect the new patch to hit GoG? It has arrived on Steam since 18th of december ...
Iluvcheezcake: When can we expect the new patch to hit GoG? It has arrived on Steam since 18th of december ...
Huh, didn't know this actually had any more updates - was just about to start a new game too... Thanks for letting us know!

Hopefully GOG will update this soon? Would be great to get this before the new year...
Same here, waiting for the patch for a new playthrough
Iluvcheezcake: When can we expect the new patch to hit GoG? It has arrived on Steam since 18th of december ...
It's here now, check your account page.

Patch 1.6.0.103 (29 December 2017)
• Adds missing combat skill points
• Tweaks some post-Maadoran endings not taking into account certain decisions
• Fixes several localization issues affecting Russian and Spanish versions
• Improves localization support for mods
• Adds modding options for alchemy
Sweeet!