It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gurlok: Exactly my thought!

...Unfortunately, it seems that people like to bash this thought (you can see on the steam forums how people defend the game saying that you shouldn't expect stuff like this, since it's a PVP/VS game).

Still, I hope for something like this to happen, THEN I'll be more than glad to go back and play this game.
Fortuk: It's an odd way for them to look at it, as good PVE is what draws people in and good PVP is what keeps them around. Keeping people from fighting the harder bosses off-line is counter-intuitive as fighting people would be the next step for them, once they've exhausted all the content and feel confident in their skills, when they might not have done so otherwise due to not feeling good enough yet to fight people. That's how it is in games with both good singleplayer and multiplayer. You lose nothing by letting people do this and lifting the restriction takes no special effort, while of the people drawn in by the PVE a portion will make the jump to PVP. Everybody wins.
Much like ala dark souls, if you ask me, and couldn't agree more.

Yet people want to classify Absolver like a Tekken/KoF and the likes game, despite having PVE.

The real issue though is how the devs have designed the game toward an endless PVP grind system. The good looking loot and most of the stuff is granted through PVP fights, EXPECT that the loot is ALWAYS random, so you are forced to fight people endlessly and hope for collecting the damn piece of equipment you were looking for; that's not funny at all.
Gurlok: Much like ala dark souls, if you ask me, and couldn't agree more.

Yet people want to classify Absolver like a Tekken/KoF and the likes game, despite having PVE.

The real issue though is how the devs have designed the game toward an endless PVP grind system. The good looking loot and most of the stuff is granted through PVP fights, EXPECT that the loot is ALWAYS random, so you are forced to fight people endlessly and hope for collecting the damn piece of equipment you were looking for; that's not funny at all.
Those people don't play a lot of fighting games then as fighting games straight up don't have exploration or levelling, as the whole point of them is that you're on equal footing when you pick your character, which you're not in Absolver. This game's a 3D brawler, pure and simple, that also borrows elements from fighting games for its PVP. It has more in common with God Hand and Zeno Clash than Tekken.

They did promise that there'd be a lot of updates, so I'm hoping that what you say about the loot and PVE is part of the game's growing pains. Grind is absolutely anathema to a brawler and also fighting games for that matter, being games built strictly around player skill, which makes its inclusion something that should be patched out as more content gets added. It's such a weird thing to get wrong when the way they did the combat suggests they know how to get it right.
Post edited September 13, 2017 by Fortuk
Gurlok: Much like ala dark souls, if you ask me, and couldn't agree more.

Fortuk: Those people don't play a lot of fighting games then as fighting games straight up don't have exploration or levelling, as the whole point of them is that you're on equal footing when you pick your character, which you're not in Absolver. This game's a 3D brawler, pure and simple, that also borrows elements from fighting games for its PVP. It has more in common with God Hand and Zeno Clash than Tekken.

They did promise that there'd be a lot of updates, so I'm hoping that what you say about the loot and PVE is part of the game's growing pains. Grind is absolutely anathema to a brawler and also fighting games for that matter, being games built strictly around player skill, which makes its inclusion something that should be patched out as more content gets added. It's such a weird thing to get wrong when the way they did the combat suggests they know how to get it right.
^Exactly. Yet, people jusify it as PVE being a big tutorial.

Still, I hope the devs will finally change how it works, or else the game will not survive.
Devolver's Ruiner "Savage Update" took an extra hour on gogGalaxy to arrive. No problem.

Gog is still my go to provider for Singleplayer games like Ruiner, Hellblade and Echo - but I'm waiting for their service to catch up with the competition on the multiplayer side. Just certain community features like Invites, Group building etc.
Post edited December 02, 2017 by crewmate