Changelog for Patch 0.73.606493 (added 04 May 2016):
- Implemented Lag Dialog to show players that are lagging/disconnecting
- Added error message dialog when host match request fails.
- Additional AI personalities added to Skirmish and Multiplayer which will not immediately rush the player. Personalities are chosen at random, so some AI opponents will still rush, but it will be delayed by a number of minutes at the start of the match.
GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS AND FIXES:
- Improved Harvester logic when deciding where to drop off
- Fix for co-op campaign stars not always showing up as completed - due to the responsiveness fixes for the game server improvements.
- Make sure the AI honors game settings that limit structure building (HQ, Nuke Silo)
- Variety of AI Changes for Single Player Campaign to take into account recent Balance Changes (especially requiring Radar for Rocket Copters and Stronger Artillery)
- AI will more aggressively respond to attacks on its base (even to its own detrminent, e.g. throwing units away)
- Mission 19: Leapfrog: Gold Objective: Changed from 15 minutes to 20 minutes to help compensate for the increased rocket turret damage vs. helicopters
- Adjustments to missions 8, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, and 25 due to recent balance changes.
Changelog for Patch 0.73.607136 (added 09 May 2016):
More new stuff to play with!
We've added a couple co-op missions to the campaign and there's a new option to play all the co-op campaign missions on easy. Earning stars now works similarly for both co-op and single-player campaigns.
We also give you the option to change the amount of resources on a map, password protect your game lobbies, and let you build structures in your allies bases. (We're interested in seeing how this last one pans out.)
Thanks to everyone that helped in our beta testing of this patch and for the great suggestions. We'll have more beta testing opportunities in the future.
NEW FEATURES & CONTENT:
- Added Co-Op Mission: 10 Commandos
- Added Co-Op Mission: King of the Hill
- (Player Request) Added easy difficulty option for Co-Op campaign.
- (Player Request) Players can now drop structures within the normal build radius of their allies in skirmish & multiplayer modes. This can help in situations where your friend is getting picked on by an aggressive AI or enemy player.
- (Player Request) Resource Slider: Allows players to increase the total amount of resource found on ALL oil derricks for that specific match.
- (Player Request) Passwords enabled for private multiplayer game lobbies.
- (Player Request) 8-Bit Armies: Audio: Reduced Win/Lose music back to default level.
- Campaign objectives are now visible in the multiplayer lobby if in a co-op campaign game.
- Name for multiplayer game can now be adjusted (it is no longer just the player's name).
- Even more improvements to lobby latency. We think (hope) this handles all remaining lag issues in the lobby for the last few people that were seeing them.
- Added messaging when host hits the launch button so other players know something is happening.
- Added version out of date warning to multiplayer match list display for those rare situations where a player can connect with an old client.
- Added support for directed unit guard voice responses, as well as a GUI SFX for confirmation.
- Better messaging to players regarding communication status / issues with connecting to the server.
- Fixed inconsistency between build range with buildings of different sizes.
- Fixed some extents to match grid cell placement logic better.
- Fixed issue with AI not kiting tanks and harvesters when they should.
- Fixed "Is it hot in here" nuke achievement.
- Back-end UI improvements to support multiple factions.
- Updated 8-bit font to have more/better glyphs.
- Mission 19: Leapfrog - Several adjustments to make it a little easier.
- Added 3 second delay after victory/defeat before movie plays so people aren’t sometimes surprised that the mission is over.
- Engineer heal rate increased to 8/second (was 5/second).
- Health bar on the commando has been raised such that it no longer impales his head.
- Fix for game name to support mixed-case in lobbies.
- Fix for transports missing control group text.
- Added button states to the sell and repair buttons so players can more easily see that they are in Sell or Repair mode.
- Slight increase to build distance to prevent issues with giving some players an unfair advantage when starting on certain start positions over others.
Changelog for Patch 0.73.607861 (added 13 May 2016):
- (Player Request): Added a command bar in lower left which shows selected units. Can be hidden or unhidden, and units can be selected from within the group by selecting the sub-group.
- (Player Request): Players can send money to friends playing on the same team. Can use the button in the upper right corner to bring up a special UI for this, or just click any allied unit or structure and click the “Insert” key.
- (Player Request): Players can now ping the map with offensive and defensive pings. Default hotkeys for this are Alt-G and Ctrl-Alt-G, but we are looking to set these to something else in the future.
- All player names are now shown in the upper right corner (used to be just players with nukes). Can be turned on/off/minimized by hitting the F5 key.
- Added social buttons for facebook and twitter.
- Co-Op campaign mission 1 and 2 difficulty were adjusted to make them more reasonable (especially for the first two co-op missions!)
- All Co-Op campaign missions: AI no longer attempts to kite making it easier for players to use harvesters to crush AI infantry easier.
- Added support for local player crate effects with HUD voice notifications.
- Experimental audio fix for ASUS Xonar shutdown audio issues.
- Changed video default to borderless fullscreen windowed. This will solve problems for some new players. This affects everyone, so just adjust back to your previous settings if you prefer.
- Added check for "Enter" press while in the password entry dialog.
- When hosting while logged into GOG, the hostname field now shows the proper GOG name not the computer name.
- Fix for unpowered turret animations playing when not supposed to.
- Added additional error messages for when joining a custom match fails.
- Better handling of unicode player names.
- FIX: make sure nuke timer display is correct after a loaded save game.
- Fix for unit production time being cut when transferring production between factories while unpowered.
- Updated faction UI colors to be more legible in chat interface.
Post edited October 22, 2016 by DeMignon