Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
Frequently asked questions
1. What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payments using Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards and PayPal, worldwide. Also, in countries in which these payment methods are available, we also support paysafecard, Sofort, GiroPay, Yandex and Webmoney.
All our prices are in USD, EUR, GBP, AUD and Rubles, but you can freely switch from your local currency to USD, if you prefer - look for a drop-down menu on the bottom-right of the site. Details about pricing in different currencies can be found below.
Please be aware that PayPal's services for sending and receiving funds may vary, depending on your country. For more information click here
2. What is Paysafecard?
Paysafecard is a prepaid online payment method which is distributed in physical form, either as a paper voucher or a card. It contains a unique 16-digit code. Basically, it allows you to make a purchase on the Internet if you do not have a credit card or a PayPal account. All you need to do is to buy your paysafecard in one of thousands of physical locations, and then use the code to purchase something on our website.
3. I've received a payment processing error. What now?
If you've received a payment processing error don't worry, you won't be billed. You can try entering your payment details again by clicking the “Retry payment” button. Just please double-check your security code and card expiration date before clicking “Process my order now”.
If the problem happens again, contact our Support team via the "My orders and payments"
contact form. Please include as much information as possible, including steps that you've taken so far and any errors received, but DO NOT include your card number or security code!
4. What are bonus and gift codes? How do I redeem them?
Bonus codes are special “coupons" that can be exchanged for either one, or many free items - depending on the code. They are typically provided via contests or promotional emails, so stay tuned, visit GOG.com often and maybe you'll score a code or two ;).
To redeem a bonus code, go here
. You can also redeem gift codes in this section of the site.
5. My bonus code doesn't work. Help!
First, please double-check if you've entered the bonus code correctly – try to copy and paste it directly into the browser. Also, most codes can be redeemed only once and only for a given time before they expire. If the code has been redeemed earlier or it has expired, you will receive an appropriate error message. Last but not least, keep in mind that once the code has been used, you cannot “reactivate” it, even if you cancel the order in question.
Still, if you have no idea why you cannot redeem your code, contact our Support team via the "My orders and payments"
contact form. Please include as much information as possible, including the code that you're trying to redeem, where you got the code from and the contents of the error message.
6. What are your prices in different countries?
All items on GOG.com are available in Euro (EUR), Pounds sterling (GBP), Australian dollars (AUD) and Russian rubles (RUB), with other countries being billed in US dollars (USD). This should minimize the odds of you being charged extra by your bank, for making a currency conversion.
If you’re living in a country that is billed in EUR, GBP, AUD or RUB by default, you always have the option to pay the equivalent in USD, if that’s more convenient for you.
We regularly update our currency conversion rates to adjust for global fluctuations - you can always find the most up-to-date price points here.
While our older, “back-catalog” games, and most other items, usually cost roughly the same in all currencies, some new games in our catalog may have different prices based on where you are physically located in the world In such cases, you may find that you're asked to pay a different amount than people in other regions do. However, we offer store credit, which you can use in future purchases, to make up for the price difference. Regional pricing is something that is undertaken at the request of the company for whom we are selling the game, but we do our best to go the extra mile and make it right for everyone.
Our company is based in Europe and the VAT/Taxes are all included in the items' prices. This means that GOG.com will always charge you the exact order total visible at checkout.With our location in mind, please remember that we have no control over your bank's additional international card transaction fees (where applicable). Some banks don't charge their customers extra and some do, but there are two ways of avoiding the possibility of extra fees. One is using funds already present on your PayPal account to make purchases (instead of using a card through PayPal). The other is using paysafecard (for details, scroll up to paragraph 2).
- Who are you guys? First of all we are all gamers here at GOG.com just like you.
- What payment methods do you accept? We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx cards, PayPal and paysafecard.
- What does it mean that games on GOG.com are DRM-free? It basically means that you actually own the games bought at GOG.com. Once you download a game, you can install it on any computer and re-download it whenever you want, as many times as you need.