Frequently asked questions
1. How do I buy something as a gift?
Gifting allows you to purchase an item, or items, available at GOG.com for your friend. To use the gifting option, first proceed like you would with any other purchase, and go to checkout. Make sure to check the "gift this order" option, on the right side of the checkout page. This order just became a gift order and, after you input the recipient's e-mail address and pay for the order, a gift e-mail will be sent to the gift recipient.
2. I've received a gift. How do I redeem it?
A gift code can be purchased by selecting the "Select to gift this order" option, during checkout. You can either send it directly to the recipient, in a GOG-made e-mail, or send it to yourself, and then forward or PM it to someone. The gift recipient will be able to choose which items from the gift they want to add to their account. By default, if the gift recipient already owns some of the items within the gift, these will remain in that gift, and can later on be redeemed by someone else.To redeem a gift code, go here. You can also redeem bonus codes in this section of the site.
3. How do I know if the gift certificate has been redeemed by the recipient?
After the purchase you'll notice a new “Gifted games” section on your “My account” page. It allows you to monitor the status of all purchased gifts and see if they were claimed. As soon as the recipient redeems the gift you've purchased, it will be marked as “redeemed” and the recipient's GOG.com username will be visible next to it.
4. I want to gift something to my friend in person, not via a GOG.com e-mail...
The easiest way would be to gift that item to yourself, so you can write down the gift certificate code and give it to any friend. Since you're sending the gift to yourself, you'll find the gift code in the e-mail from GOG.com (although it will be also available in the “Gifted games” section in “My account”) and it can be claimed by anyone you give it to. Just don't forget to tell your friend about the link to www.gog.com/gift!
- Who are you guys? First of all we are all gamers here at GOG.com just like you.
- What payment methods do you accept? We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx cards, PayPal and paysafecard.
- What does it mean that games on GOG.com are DRM-free? It basically means that you actually own the games bought at GOG.com. Once you download a game, you can install it on any computer and re-download it whenever you want, as many times as you need.