IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND HOT TOPICS:
Please consider the following suggestions before deciding to contact us:
- For technical issues with games, please try the basic troubleshooting guide for your operating system, or check the game-specific forum for more information about your problem.
- If you've paid for an order, but haven't received your game(s) yet, please wait up to 2 hours. There may have been some connection issue, but our payment system is capable of re-checking most pending transactions that weren't processed immediately.
- If you're unable to pay, try using a different payment method. Sending money to a PayPal account before making a PayPal purchase is almost guaranteed to solve all payment problems.
Naturally, please don’t hesitate to contact us if help is required.
Which Linux distributions do you support?
We test and support our games on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Mint 17 LTS.
Are you planning to add official support for more Linux distributions?
We promise to always offer support for the most recent LTS release of Ubuntu and Mint.
There are no plans to officially support other Linux distributions at this time, sorry.
Will GOG games work on other distributions anyway?
You're more than welcome to give it a try, but we cannot guarantee that everything will work without a hitch.
That means we won't be able to offer refunds, or support, for technical issues on a Linux distribution other than Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or Mint 17 LTS.
What is Wine? Why do you label games that use it?
Wine is a compatibility layer that implements a Windows environment on Linux machines.
Wine carries some inherent performance and stability disadvantages. We place great importance on testing and building Wine games to make sure they are up to our standards of quality and performance, and we will support and stand by these releases. At the same time we recognise that this may not be an ideal solution for everyone, and that some of our users approach Wine with a healthy bit of scepticism.
We feel that it's your right, as our customer, to be informed about any traces of the Wine wrapper on Linux.
How to run the system report?
./gog-system-report.shin “support” game subfolder.
- Where is my game installed?
- Can I install a game with root privileges?
- How do I start the game?
- Why do you list required libraries on the game's product card?
- Some games come with a 32-bit binary only. What does this mean?
- How do I install additional libraries listed on the game product card?
- How do I remove a GOG game from my Linux machine?
- How to patch my game?
- Will you still support .deb and .tar.gz packages?
GRAPHICS AND DRIVER QUESTIONS
- What video cards do you support?
- How do I install video card drivers?
- Which video card drivers should I use?
- How to configure nVidia Optimus support.
- My display is weird. Do you support multiple monitor setups?
- I cannot run the .sh installer or start.sh file, help!
- The ALT key throws me back to my desktop in Ubuntu.
- I don't have sound in 32 bit games.
- I have an Intel or ATI/AMD video card and most of my games don’t run at all.
- I have configured Linux for nVidia Optimus, my games don't start.