- We store the information you enter on our website. You can choose not to provide it, but then you will not be able to access many of the website's functionality and features.
- We use your personal information to fulfill your requests and serve you better. We do not share your personal details with outside third parties without your consent.
- We will only send you materials you have indicated you want to receive according to your preferences, and we will honor your opt-out requests.
- We do reserve the right to use or disclose your personal information in certain circumstances, such as to satisfy a legal request or protect our property.
- We have special concerns about the privacy of users who are children under the age of 13, as further addressed in the CHILDREN’S PRIVACY section below.
Information Collected by GOGWe only collect personal information to give you convenient access to our service and provide greater user experience each time you visit the Website. We collect the following types of information from our users:
1. We store the information you enter on our Website. You can choose not to provide it, but then you won't be able to access many of the Website's functionality and features.
- In order to purchase games or access some of the Website features you must create a GOG.com account. As part of the registration, we require some personal information, including your e-mail address, your location, gender and date of birth, subject to special information collection mechanisms regarding children.
- When you contact us, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, e-mail address and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We ask visitors providing e-mail addresses to let us know if they would like further information or updates from us or our Website; only those who request it will receive follow-up e-mail or other communications from us. Only those who expressly ask to receive such information online will get it. If we are not sure of your preferences, we may ask you about them. We also offer users an “opt-out” option at any time they wish to cease receiving e-mails or other information from us.
2. We also store certain information automatically whenever you interact with the Website.
- Because we strive to improve and customize your experience, we store information regarding our customers' activities linked with their accounts. For example, a history of your orders allows you to easily re-download any of your purchased games or receive recommendations. Similarly, the date of your last visit lets us mark new and updated forum topics for you.
- In order to provide greater convenience we use "cookie" files to save encrypted session identificators and other auxiliary data required, for example, to automatically log you in on each visit. Cookies are very small data files left on your computer by the Website. These files can then be accessed by the Website in the future. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies on your computer hard drive, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored; you should refer to your browser instructions or “Help” screen to learn more about how to manage cookies. Please note, however, that if you block cookies, some portions of the Website may not function properly.
- Like most standard websites, in order to analyze trends and users’ movements around the Website we save certain "traffic data" including your IP address as well as browser type, operating system, visited pages and date of your visits. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information, and we do not use IP addresses solely to determine customer's location.
- Portions of the Website may contain electronic images called web beacons, sometimes known as one pixel GIFs, clear GIFs or pixel tags, which allow us to count visitors who have viewed the Website. In providing services such as promotional e-mail messages/newsletters, web beacons allow us to count how many subscribers have read them. Web beacons allow us to develop statistical information about the activities and features that most interest our consumers for the purpose of providing more personalized content. By setting your browser to display HTML e-mails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for more information.
Our Commitment To Data SecurityTo prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All your personal information is encrypted in our databases and we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages of the Website where personal information is entered and transmitted. We store no credit card information on our servers.
Public InformationGOG may make forums and other community services available to you on the Website. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. GOG has no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personally identifiable information or any other information about yourself. The information presented in these areas reflects the views of the individual users or hosts and does not necessarily reflect the views of GOG or any of its affiliates.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your InformationYou can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging onto your GOG.com account. If you have questions or complaints regarding our collection or usage of personal information, please contact GOG.com's Support.
Last updated: July 29, 2008