- Pre-order: Shadow Warrior(185)
- Release: The Chaos Engine(91)
- Release: Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Att...(19)
- Release: Guacamelee! Gold Edition(78)
- Release: Shelter(99)
- Release: Wing Commander: Academy(87)
- Re-release: Dark Fall 1&2(88)
- Release: Hammerwatch(54)
- Release: Thunderscape(134)
- Release: Shadowgrounds Survivor(251)
- GOG.com/Indie: Putting your indie game on G...(181)
- Pre-order: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs(135)
- Release: Wargame: European Escalation(127)
- GOG.com will be recruiting at GDC Europe(61)
- Release: Lords of Midnight(200)
- Website Spelunking Challenge(129)
- Release: Papers, Please(44)
- Release: Spelunky(143)
- Release: Divinity: Dragon Commander(160)
- Site Update: Game Series Discounts, DLC Sor...(259)
- Video Feature: Judas Plays Rogue Legacy(94)
- Pre-order: Papers, Please(149)
- Release: Jack Keane(69)
Release: Wargame: European Escalation
War never changes. Wargames evolve.
Wargame: European Escalation, an amazingly complex and highly realistic modern military real-time strategy game presenting believable conflict scenarios in late XX century Europe, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!
The cold war divided the world and we might never know how close we came to mutual destruction of so called "east" and "west". The military budgets of this time period were simply unimaginable, leading to the highest accumulation of military force in mankind's history. With ideology, economy, and fear fueling the silent conflict, the arms race soon got out of control. Each of the sides paid close attention to the other's every step. One event was enough to provoke a war, which would engulf the entire war in nuclear flames. Now, you can see how intense things were getting!
Wargame: European Escalation focuses on the events that had the potential to trigger a war between the countries of the Warsaw Pact and NATO. The game's time frame (1975-1985) is one of the least explored, yet very interesting periods in strategic gaming. The title offers complex RTS gameplay giving you control over 361 different historical units characteristic for the forces of eight nations divided into two factions that take part in the events. On the Warsaw Pact side, we have the Soviet Union, Poland, East Germany, and Czechoslovakia, while NATO side includes United States, France, West Germany, and United Kingdom. The DRM-free version of the game includes all of the free expansions: New Battlefields, Conquest, Commander, and Fatal Error. With a wide selection of single-player scenarios (both historical and fictional), a variety of multi-player maps, and the unique IRISZOOM™ system allowing for fluent, continuous zoom from the global view to a single unit, this game delivers one of the most critically acclaimed contemporary strategic experiences!
Wargame: European Escalation, for only $9.99! The 50% off discount offer lasts for a week, that is until Thurdsay, August 22, at 11:59AM GMT.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You'll need a CD-key to access the game's multi-player features. The key will be supplied with your copy of the game. We will begin supplying keys to customers tomorrow!