Join the Brotherhood of Steel, a technological revival group dedicated to restoring the world to its former prosperity through science and whatever means necessary. Take part in a quest to reawaken long-dormant technology in order to defeat a powerful enemy in the one of a kind Fallout Universe.
Each mission involves various hostile obstacles that must be overcome using tactical skirmish warfare. The player controls up to six detailed characters in the single player mission-based campaign or they may use their chosen squad online in multiplayer battles. Squad-members improve with experience, increasing their skills and earning perks.
Many varieties of weapons, from handguns to rocket launchers, allow the player to lay waste to his enemies. In addition, the fighting isn't limited to pedestrians, as squad-members may take the action to the streets with armed vehicles.
As a Brotherhood of Steel initiate you will challenge hordes of ghouls, mutants and other radioactive nightmares. Always outgunned and outnumbered you will fight in hopes of restoring humanity. You're in the army now... so, welcome to the Wasteland!
Age requirements: ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language. PEGI Rating: 16+ with Violence.
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1 GHz Processor (1.4 GHz recommended), 256MB RAM (512 recommended), 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended), Mouse, Keyboard.
Minimum system requirements (Mac): OS X 10.7.0 or later.Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Memory: 2 GB Graphics: 256 MB of video RAM Hard drive space: 2 GB Recommended two-button mouse, or Apple mouse with Secondary Button / Secondary Click enabled. Patched to version 1.27
Posted on 2008-09-10 16:41:52 bylethial:
Enjoy the game for what it is.
I am a huge fan of Fallout 1 and 2. But I didn't pick up FO:T until couple years ago. There was bunch of criticism about the game from the more die-hard FO fans, which was the reason for my delay of getting the game.
However, I don't think all the negativity surrounding this game is justified. People should view this game not as a traditionalread more RPG but more as a tactical strategy game w/ light RPG elements. It can be played in Real-time mode though. Which make the gameplay more akin to Silent Storm.
It is easy to find criticisms about this game, so I figure I will do the opposite and list some nice features of the game (IMHO):
1. The game has a very good tactical combat system (much better than that of the FO 1 and 2). You have different elevations, fairly good line of sight system, various firing modes and stances, individual control of team members, etc.
2. There are drivable vehicles, that you can use, you can even fire from inside the vehicles. However, the vehicle control and collision detection need more refinement.
3. Good graphics and animation. I think the game aged very well. Esp. the over the top death animations ;)
4. Good selection of armors and weapons.
5. Good selection of team members, you can even get robots into your team :)
6. Return of the "Fallout-Signature" funny and weird random encounters.
7. Despite the lack of dialog options, and much weaker story (compared to FO 1 and 2), other RPG elements of FO are still intact, such as SPECIAL, Perks, Traits etc.
8. Finally I just have to say that the story of the game really isn't that bad, there are definitely interesting arcs.
So basically I am saying that for $6 this game is worth it for FO fans (maybe not the ultra die-hard kind) if you don't already have it.
Was this helpful?(256 of 273 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2008-11-03 13:57:30 byGoonerDU:
When this first came out in 2001, I got it and like many people was disappointed that it was not like fallout. However one day bored, I decided to play the game again and I enjoyed it immensely. I was amazed by the new tactics I discovered playing it again. I now realise that this was a superb game in it's own right and probably suffered from being compared to the other two.
Was this helpful?(150 of 166 people found this helpful)
Posted on 2009-01-15 02:14:21 byWainamoin3n:
Simply put: if you're a TBS fan and like the first three UFOs, Jagged Alliance and the like, there's absolutely no reason not to give this one a spin. Free bonus: Falloutish visuals, sharper and better than its RPG sisters ever had, much improved AI and an excellent turn-based tactics experience. One of the very best!
Was this helpful?(137 of 152 people found this helpful)
See all user reviews (97)
Fallout Tactics is a trademark or registered trademark of Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. All Rights Reserved.