It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The mouse movement seems really off and very strange, like if not too much movement is done it wont move or if I move too quick it moves like a bullet. I adjusted the speeds and all but man it's a little brutal to get used to.

Is there a fix for the mouse controls? if anyone knows please shed some light if possible.
DreamedArtist: Is there a fix for the mouse controls? if anyone knows please shed some light if possible.
Sadly the best one I'm aware of is turning on auto aim in the game's launcher. It really changes how the game plays and the lock on feels a tad weird on PC at first but one can get used to it and it solves the problem with the imprecise mouse controls. At least it looks nice with the weapon automatically turning towards the target. ;P It's also how I played the game back in the day even though I never used auto aim in any other shooters at the time so I guess the mouse aiming was already wonky in the game back then and is not a result of modern specs etc..

A word of warning, though: the auto aim makes it practically impossible to hit a distant enemy who is moving horizontally on the screen with a projectile weapon. I always just considered this part of the gameplay, though. You can usually work around this with proper timing and maneuvering.

As for why the mouse is so weird: My guess is that there's still some of the console version's code in there, e.g. the mouse only emulating analogue stick input or something and thus inheriting all sorts of behaviour that improved the controls on console but negatively affects mouse aiming - there's a number of PC ports of older console games that do shit like this and where the mouse aiming is just weird as a result.
Post edited July 27, 2019 by F4LL0UT
Am I wrong or was this one of this games that didn't let you invert the mouselook? It might have been fixed with a later patch.
Either way, if that's still an issue it'll be pretty unplayable for me.
DreamedArtist: The mouse movement seems really off and very strange, like if not too much movement is done it wont move or if I move too quick it moves like a bullet. I adjusted the speeds and all but man it's a little brutal to get used to.

Is there a fix for the mouse controls? if anyone knows please shed some light if possible.
They have just released a hot fix, and it's made the mouse movement a lot better! You should check it out again

It did just crash for me, as I went into level 2 though :(
DreamedArtist: The mouse movement seems really off and very strange, like if not too much movement is done it wont move or if I move too quick it moves like a bullet. I adjusted the speeds and all but man it's a little brutal to get used to.

Croyzers: They have just released a hot fix, and it's made the mouse movement a lot better! You should check it out again

It did just crash for me, as I went into level 2 though :(
Gonna have to try this out, hopefully it will work well, and I see it supports 4k out of the box now! so my monitor wont have to be 1080p and I can use it's 4k resolution haha!

I always just considered this part of the gameplay, though.
I mean you play a guy with a Balistic Skill of 4. He's an average shot at best.
Post edited October 07, 2019 by tehzig
I've been playing it recently and the mouse aiming is still a struggle. I've gotten used to it, but it does feel like I am fighting with the cursor the entire time. It does not help that all settings minus audio is done from the launcher, so you have to exit out of the game to change anything.
It's due to mouse acceleration being enabled or permanently being on so unless anyone can locate the setting and remove it then the mouse should be better.

This game was a PS2 port.
Post edited June 20, 2020 by Vesca115
+1

This needs a fix "pronto". I remember that aim was hard in this game but it's even worse when you play again some years latter. As someone said it's like there is some mouse-sick-acceleration enabled... Tried to fix that with proprietary mouse control software but nop, impossible task.