It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Azareon28: (didn't the patch include that at one point?)
No, it's the other way around. The CQM includes an older version of the patch :)!
Azareon28: (didn't the patch include that at one point?)
wesp5: No, it's the other way around. The CQM includes an older version of the patch :)!
Ah. My mistake.
Just to be clear, I can simply install the ClanQuest-Mod into the current version, or do I have to downgrade the patch?
Azareon28: Just to be clear, I can simply install the ClanQuest-Mod into the current version, or do I have to downgrade the patch?
The CQM installs in a seperate subfolder and can be run in parrallel to the UP.
Azareon28: Just to be clear, I can simply install the ClanQuest-Mod into the current version, or do I have to downgrade the patch?
wesp5: The CQM installs in a seperate subfolder and can be run in parrallel to the UP.
Great, thanks!
Does anyone know what could be causing that problem, or a link to how to troubleshoot comp mod with the gog version?
So I'm posting here to report something for anyone else who might seem hopelessly stuck.

I got the Companion Mod and thought it was installed and working fine. I got up to right after you blow up the warehouse. I stopped then because the taxi that is supposed to appear did not. I am a Gangrel, not a Nosferatu so there was some glitch or bug or whatever. The Companion Mod appeared to be causing it because when I reinstalled the game without it, the taxi appeared.

I'm not sure if this is because I Installed it wrong or something. I looked up some vids and saw that people were controlling the first NPC you run into in the game. I was like "oh crap, I didn't install the mod right!" Countless installations and re-installations later and at my wits end for what I was doing wrong, I realized something. They were Ventrue, I am not. Either Gangrel simply can't control people or one of my stats was too low.

In any event, I couldn't care less about controlling nobodies. I just want to know when I can recruit characters I like?

Also to tell anybody else who thinks the mod isn't working because they couldn't control the first NPC that this isn't the case.
The companion mod is very old and will probably not work with the GOG version of Bloodlines unless you run the legacy version, and even that might be broken...
Hey, did you guys know that there is a mod that overhauls the ranged weapons? It came out just last month.
It can be found on Nexus Mods, and is called "kickin it old school rpg".
https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/86

This really excites me, because I was never fond of the underpowered firearms in the base game (especially the .38 revolver), and was really dissapointed by the apparent lack of any attempts by modders to overhaul the guns--Until now!

However, the installation instructions only state how to install the mod in the Steam version of the game, and it doesn't say anything about the GOG version.

Does anyone know how to get this working in the GOG version? I would very much appreciate it.
If anything, I really do think that this mod should get a bit more attention.
Post edited May 12, 2019 by ColtRevolver97
ColtRevolver97: Does anyone know how to get this working in the GOG version? I would very much appreciate it.
If you play the legacy game, install the mod into the vampire folder. If you play the patched version, install it in the Unofficial_Patch folder.
ColtRevolver97: Does anyone know how to get this working in the GOG version? I would very much appreciate it.
wesp5: If you play the legacy game, install the mod into the vampire folder. If you play the patched version, install it in the Unofficial_Patch folder.
Thanks!

However, there is also another thing: The installation instructions also recommend making a back up to the items folder.
I would really appreciate it if you were to help me with that, since I am not so sure how to do it properly.
ColtRevolver97: I would really appreciate it if you were to help me with that, since I am not so sure how to do it properly.
Just copy the whole items folder to somewhere else.
ColtRevolver97: I would really appreciate it if you were to help me with that, since I am not so sure how to do it properly.
wesp5: Just copy the whole items folder to somewhere else.
Okay!
So I'm confused about something... I have the most recent version of the Unofficial Patch Plus installed.

Can I install something like Clan Quest Mod 4.1 on top of UP+?

How does this work... which mods are compatible with each other and which aren't (I mean aside from UP+ and True Patch, which I think is both hilarious and sad because I prefer UP+, but I'm a sad, lonely individual who actually enjoys certain aspects of Tessera's "Mega Mod"... not the posters and what's shown on the TVs, but the character skins)?

And if none of them are compatible... I'm surprised there's been no work done to do a Mega Patch/Mod that combines all the most recent updates or at least forces them to be compatible... that would be incredible. Like... having some kind of combiner that allows you to use every mod/patch at once, on top of the original game, to expand and integrate the experience as much as possible into one play-through...

I wish I knew how to code... lol... guess I should learn, huh?
NateHevens: Can I install something like Clan Quest Mod 4.1 on top of UP+?
No, each mod changes some of the same files, so they should never be mixed! All mods include the UP anyway and if you want the best mega mod, CQM 4.1 should be fine as it just recently included all the new UP maps :)!