It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

serinaty89: if i wanted the plus part do i have to download something else?
wesp5: To experience the plus version of the patch download it from The Patches Scrolls, see below, and run the installer.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/
I have 2 VtBL games on my computer, 1 on the hard drive and 1 in Galaxy. The hard drive game, in the options section under gameplay tab says "game mod loader". There is no hot hand to activate. The Galaxy game in the same section says "9.7 Basic". If and when I go the patch site, will both games get the mod? I have seen the mods on Youtube. There is so much more content than the basic.
Is anyone have problems with wesp5 's link? I can't get the Patches Scrolls website to upload on Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge??!! Trying Chrome next... and I have a directly wired very fast internet connection that says: "speed: 1GB a second." I don't see how it's possible to be that fast, but that's what it says.

Update: Google Chrome doesn't work either! Is this a Windows Defender problem? I get nothing when I google this problem.
Post edited October 14, 2017 by ShonnaKay13
ShonnaKay13: Is anyone have problems with wesp5 's link? I can't get the Patches Scrolls website to upload on Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge??!! Trying Chrome next... and I have a directly wired very fast internet connection that says: "speed: 1GB a second." I don't see how it's possible to be that fast, but that's what it says.

Update: Google Chrome doesn't work either! Is this a Windows Defender problem? I get nothing when I google this problem.
Just happened to be planning to download and install the plus version tonight for 2nd playthrough. Got it working with no issues. I downloaded through the link in the OP, just kept clicking the links until I got to the download.
Hello, very recent player but experienced in modding. So here's my question: do the UP upgrades grant compatibility with saved games or is there a sure chance to experience some glitch or unexpected behaviour?

I just started yesterday my first game and I was thinking of upgrade the UP to the latest 9.9 (does it contain the extra content by default? edit: nevermind, I read that is optional in the installer)

Second question: are mods which need another installation of the game to avoid incompatibilities or is there some kind of management to load the contents of a particular mod having several on the same installation?

Third question: the mods which rely on some former version of the UP, could they be upgraded to the latest or should they rely on the version they use? This would answer a little my second question, related to several installations.
Post edited March 22, 2018 by sergtomas
sergtomas: Hello, very recent player but experienced in modding. So here's my question: do the UP upgrades grant compatibility with saved games or is there a sure chance to experience some glitch or unexpected behaviour?
Using old saves with a new version of the patch is a surefire way to invite all kinds of trouble.
I just started yesterday my first game and I was thinking of upgrade the UP to the latest 9.9 (does it contain the extra content by default? edit: nevermind, I read that is optional in the installer)

Second question: are mods which need another installation of the game to avoid incompatibilities or is there some kind of management to load the contents of a particular mod having several on the same installation?
The most recent versions of every major mod should have mod loader compatibility. That means you only need one install of the game, but you still cannot combine different mods. So you can have several mods installed and play any of them as you like, but not combined.
Third question: the mods which rely on some former version of the UP, could they be upgraded to the latest or should they rely on the version they use? This would answer a little my second question, related to several installations.
In theory it is possible to update a mod, but you need winmerge or something similar and must know how the game works. And you should have a good idea where the mod makes changes.
Problem is, bloodlines has no "override" folder. Or to put it another way, with the mod loader every mod uses its own override structure.

The most recent versions of every major mod should have mod loader compatibility. That means you only need one install of the game, but you still cannot combine different mods. So you can have several mods installed and play any of them as you like, but not combined.
Mod loader? Is there some software available to handle the load of the mods? For what I've seen, shortcuts with -game option could load the different folders of the corresponding mods, provided that the content is just in one folder, am I right?
Yes, the mod loader is a script that allows a mod to use its own directory within the bloodlines folder (and a shortcut to start it). It is part of the GOG installation, Wesps patch and by now every major mod.
Before that was around we had to make a full install for playing the patch and one full install for every mod we wanted to use.
The 10.0 patch just dropped a few hours ago. Is there aany chance of GOG updating the installer soon?
Stupid Question: Do all the mods work with Windows 10?
My question is as follows: does the GOG version of VTM-Bloodlines have a cheat panel. If so, how does one enable it?
Kiomore: My question is as follows: does the GOG version of VTM-Bloodlines have a cheat panel. If so, how does one enable it?
Right click on the games icon and select properties.
Then on the end of the Target line add -console (see pic)
Attachments:
Kiomore: My question is as follows: does the GOG version of VTM-Bloodlines have a cheat panel. If so, how does one enable it?
olnorton: Right click on the games icon and select properties.
Then on the end of the Target line add -console (see pic)
No longer necessary if you play Wesp's patch or the latest version of any major mod. They all come with the console enabled.
Unless I'm missing something, the installer for the Clan Quest Mod is not compliant with the newer Mod Loader functionality. TFN and UP+ work perfectly, but I can't figure out how to get CQM to play nice in the same default environment.

Anybody get this to work? Tips, suggestions, or flames welcome. I know, I know, git gud and all... ;)
MisterB: Anybody get this to work? Tips, suggestions, or flames welcome. I know, I know, git gud and all... ;)
I think there is an updated version which indeed is game mod loader compatible, check ModDB...
MisterB: Anybody get this to work? Tips, suggestions, or flames welcome. I know, I know, git gud and all... ;)
wesp5: I think there is an updated version which indeed is game mod loader compatible, check ModDB...
As near as I can tell, the most recent full installer for CQM is 3.1 which I looked into and it modifies a number of default items like DLLs etc. After that there are a couple of patchers for 3.1 but no full install. Maybe the upcoming 4.0 release will be mod launcher compatible, but currently it doesn't look like that's an option.