It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ashaman: Any way to get npc's to move or shift location somehow?
wesp5: This is a bit more complicated, like all the hubs are covered with info_nodes which tell the NPCs where they can go, and interesting_points, which tell them where to do certain animations. The latter will only allow one NPC to enter, but when two NPCs use the same info_node at the same time I guess they can get stuck...
Ah ok. Luckily only encountered it in Santa Monica so far, so hopefully that'll be it. Was just kinda hoping I could get the npc ID somehow and disable / remove via console. I'll live with it.

Any ways, thanks for the work you do on those patches :)
ReamedBySteam: Fair enough. It's just that I've read of people having problems installing other mods with the gog version, and perhaps it would have been more pertinent for gog to have included your patch separately..
wesp5: I haven't looked at the GOG version yet, but the custom files of the Unofficial Patch are installed seperately into a subfolder, so it shouldn't matter at all to other mods. Only global fixes, like the memory, DRM and widescreen stuff are installed into the main game directory. I think GOG even added a "legacy" shortcut or something to start the game without the rest of the patch.
Well, for what it's worth, I installed the clan quest mod this morning and it appears to be working perfectly fine. Was reluctant to check the boxes on some of the included mods...wondering how they would all work together if they were using different versions of wesp's patch but so far so good.

Just out of curiosity wesp - if you don't mind, for a first and probably only playthrough, would you recommend your basic or plus patch, and/or the clan quest mod (or another) or none.

The moment I arrive in Downtown and henceforth, I will draw my melee weapon whenever using the cab.
Ashaman: Hm, I heard something like this before. Have you bound Attack to your Enter key? This could be connected.
For what it's worth, I've always had this problem pop up with the Unofficial Patches on both the original retail version and the GOG one. It doesn't occur on every hub transition, but I definitely agree that it is fairly annoying but not game breaking.

I use the default key bindings, so it is not a symptom of using custom bindings.
ReamedBySteam: Just out of curiosity wesp - if you don't mind, for a first and probably only playthrough, would you recommend your basic or plus patch, and/or the clan quest mod (or another) or none.
If you intend to only play the game once, I would recommend to use the plus patch as it gives you the full enhanced experience, without changing to much, like other mods might do.
HanSewLow: I use the default key bindings, so it is not a symptom of using custom bindings.
The problem is that the default key bindings has enter as alternative for attach, so if this is the problem, you will get it. But this seems to be one of the annoying random bugs that only some players experience. I have enter bound to attack too and never get it...
ReamedBySteam: Just out of curiosity wesp - if you don't mind, for a first and probably only playthrough, would you recommend your basic or plus patch, and/or the clan quest mod (or another) or none.
wesp5: If you intend to only play the game once, I would recommend to use the plus patch as it gives you the full enhanced experience, without changing to much, like other mods might do.
Cheers bloke.
Great news :D

"GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience with the introduction of many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games, but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves data at any time and use it as you see fit."

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_biggest_update_yet_marks_the_end_of_beta_5e5d5
Ashaman: Hm, I heard something like this before. Have you bound Attack to your Enter key? This could be connected.
HanSewLow: For what it's worth, I've always had this problem pop up with the Unofficial Patches on both the original retail version and the GOG one. It doesn't occur on every hub transition, but I definitely agree that it is fairly annoying but not game breaking.

I use the default key bindings, so it is not a symptom of using custom bindings.
I have also had this problem about a dozen times in 5 or so playthroughs. I seem to automatically attack the nearest person. I have noticed it is when someone happens to be standing in the same spot I spawn in after getting out of the cab so it may be 2 people fighting for the same spot.
Antitribu mod has key bindings bugs : every time a zone is loaded (exemple : entering/exiting a building) one or two key bindings are deleted. It's unplayable to remap these keys again and again...
Well, this game is a hot, frigging mess for me. I was running into weird door glitches in the Blood Bank where they would appear somewhat translucent and difficult to tell whether they were open or closed. It was annoying but I was able to gut through it.

Now the glitches are to the point of being game breaking as I cannot enter Therese's room upstairs in the Asylum after taking the elevator. Here is a video since words are hard to describe it:

https://youtu.be/lW1-Ja8rtw8

I have also seen the oft reported A.I. disabled and graphing errors. When I first enter the Asylum, a trigger box is prominently displayed:

http://i.imgur.com/o90RE9D.png

I first tried a repair, then I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall. I remember trying this game a year or two ago from a different distributor and never had these kind of issues. This GOG distribution is an utter mess right now.
Post edited April 22, 2017 by Windemere
Windemere: I first tried a repair, then I tried a complete uninstall and reinstall. I remember trying this game a year or two ago from a different distributor and never had these kind of issues. This GOG distribution is an utter mess right now.
It's not. Can it be that you continued an old save from either the unpatched version or the other distributor with the current GOG version? Because visible triggers and other weird things are typical symtoms for that...
No, I had started a completely new game with a new character and there were no save games to load. In fact, I don't think I ever installed my alternate distribution on this computer ever. I also believe that the previous version I played was 9.6 on a different PC.

This is looking like some kind of save game corruption. If I go back a few days, the graphical glitches are gone. I'm just afraid it's going to happen again.
I've had the same problem since the game auto-updated last week. The Asylum is full of optical glitches and there is a visible trigger at the entrance. When I go to Santa Monica Beach now I can't leave anymore because the trigger to load the next map seems to be missing.

Any suggestions?
thorsten1974: Any suggestions?
Did you start a new game after the update?
I was just wondering if the GOG version of bloodlines needs anything to run properly or can I just download it and play the game without to many problems? Also would it run on windows 10 relatively easily?