It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wesp5: I recently decided to remove other installation options than basic and plus. But everyone interested can change this easily, open in vdata/items the item_p_research_* files with a text editor and set "item_worth" to something else than "0".
Thanks a lot! Cheers!
wesp5: UP 10.2 RC3 is online now: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

v10.2 RC3 21.1.2019
+Updated the Krimeputer log entries on Brian's and Muddy's deaths.
+Made Carson remove McGee's corpse and raised MAC-10 magazine cost.
+Fixed silent Heather dialogue and made warrens ladder accessible.
+Locked a haven door and moved Malcolm's bribe to Mercurio's house.
+Repaired problems when revisiting the beachhouse and the warrens.
Removed quest update for Copper and locked Gimble's door in basic.
Fixed some more wrong Humanity losses and cut off Heather sounds.
Corrected Tommy Dominate reaction and possible poster quest issue.
Sweet!

Though I have to ask - what's up with "Locked a haven door and moved Malcolm's bribe to Mercurio's house"?

Is that only for when you switch havens or something? I'm assuming that his bribe still ends up in your letterbox after he agrees to pay you as usual...?
squid830: Though I have to ask - what's up with "Locked a haven door and moved Malcolm's bribe to Mercurio's house"?
This was changed in the plus patch after long discussions with people who want to make the game more reasonable. Like why is there an unlocked flat with someone obviously living inside in your apartment building? Or how can you dare to give Malcolm your actual adress when blackmailing him? Imagine he goes to the police, they come to your haven during the day, see you in some kind of coma and open the blocked windows to get some light in: final death! Might be overthinking, but as it was easy to fix, so I did it...
Post edited January 24, 2019 by wesp5
squid830: Though I have to ask - what's up with "Locked a haven door and moved Malcolm's bribe to Mercurio's house"?
wesp5: This was changed in the plus patch after long discussions with people who want to make the game more reasonable. Like why is there an unlocked flat with someone obviously living inside in your apartment building? Or how can you dare to give Malcolm your actual adress when blackmailing him? Imagine he goes to the police, they come to your haven during the day, see you in some kind of coma and open the blocked windows to get some light in: final death! Might be overthinking, but as it was easy to fix, so I did it...
That's actually a good point - I never even thought about that.

Though tbh I can't imagine him going to the police for the same reason that he's agreeing to the blackmail - he doesn't want his wife to find out. He's a doctor so he's not poor - much easier to pay someone off quickly rather than go to this kind of trouble.

But as long as the dialog makes clear where to get the cash from I guess...

The unlocked door I totally agree with you on - seems strange for someone to live there and forget to lock their door, especially considering how dodgy that whole area is...
Post edited January 24, 2019 by squid830
squid830: Though tbh I can't imagine him going to the police for the same reason that he's agreeing to the blackmail - he doesn't want his wife to find out. He's a doctor so he's not poor - much easier to pay someone off quickly rather than go to this kind of trouble.
I thought so myself, but as a fledgling vampire you maybe should make sure ;).

And the UP 10.2 Final is out, get it on The Patches Scrolls or here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

UP 10.2 Final 25.01.2019 additional changelog:

Fixed Leopold Society cellar ladder and floating towels in basic.
Added way to use all animations for all models, thanks to DDLullu.
wesp5: I thought so myself, but as a fledgling vampire you maybe should make sure ;).

And the UP 10.2 Final is out, get it on The Patches Scrolls or here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

UP 10.2 Final 25.01.2019 additional changelog:

Fixed Leopold Society cellar ladder and floating towels in basic.
Added way to use all animations for all models, thanks to DDLullu.
Congratulations on the amazing work. I remember my girlfriend back in 2005 bought this game and couldn't finish it due to a bug. We tried so many times to fix it but she ended up quitting. Who could have imagined that almost 15 years later it would still be getting patches!

Anyway, if someone wanted to run this latest version of the patch on the GOG version, are there any version specific instructions to follow?
samuraigaiden: Anyway, if someone wanted to run this latest version of the patch on the GOG version, are there any version specific instructions to follow?
No, just point the installer to your game folder. And of course start a new game afterwards and always run it with the patch active, like using the desktop shortcut...
wesp5: No, just point the installer to your game folder. And of course start a new game afterwards and always run it with the patch active, like using the desktop shortcut...
Thanks!
Is it possible to play this game with german text?
Chrislemale: Is it possible to play this game with german text?
Yes, there is a translation of the Unofficial Patch on The Patches Scrolls. I think it's still at 10.0 but will be updated to 10.2 sooner or later: https://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/74930/download
Post edited February 02, 2019 by wesp5
Chrislemale: Is it possible to play this game with german text?
wesp5: Yes, there is a translation of the Unofficial Patch on The Patches Scrolls. I think it's still at 10.0 but will be updated to 10.2 sooner or later: https://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/7/74930/download
Thanks for reply but i already founded it.It is the 10.0 Unofficial Patch yes and big thanks for supporting this game after all this years.Lg
A quick question in regards to this:
made Carson pack stuff.
Where can i see it?
In my playtrough I freed Carson, he ran off (and removed McGee's corpse).
I followed him immediately, because I thought he will be at his place but his wasn't at his apartment - I revisited it several times after quest but there's nothing happening.
Anlueven: A quick question in regards to this:
made Carson pack stuff.
Where can i see it?
You can't see it. I mean that he will take his laptop with him...