It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
To our amazing community,

First off, we’d like to thank everyone for the awesome show of support with the game’s launch. It has been an absolute joy to watch people immerse themselves in the world of Icenaire. The journey of bringing this project to life has been a long, challenging road for our small team of four, but was a total privilege!

That said, we are taking the community’s feedback seriously. Rest assured, we're working around the clock to assess and implement the adjustments we believe will improve your experiences.

With this update we’ve adjusted the following:
- The difficulty of Chapter 5, 6, & 7 have been slightly adjusted.
- You can now skip the tutorial - if you played it before
- There has been a fix to the Tantini Quest for anyone who experienced issues when telling Lorelei they’d keep it.
-After we added the Tutorial menu option, there was an issue with mouse detection on the Escape Menu. That has been fixed.

What’s next?
- The next big update will feature Mini-camps between Neighborhoods. After exiting a neighborhood, you will be present with an option to camp where you may use items, change gear, and craft.
- A fix for bug issue with Chapter 7 where some players are getting stuck.

We're actively seeking out other issues we can address as well. Please continue to share any feedback at all on the discussion boards.

Finally, a huge thanks to everyone for playing!

Sincerely,

-Team Devespresso
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Thanks for the update. It would be nice to have a changelog on the game page as well.

So far I have only finished the first dungeon, so that is what I am referring to. The main issue with the game at this point is not that it is difficult but that you as a player can do very little about that. It is barely a matter of knowledge or skill, it is primarily about luck whether or not you make it through the dungeon or not. That feels very very bad.
The things you can affect are primarily party composition, artifacts and combat choices and I feel they are relevant in that order. Artifacts add little and there are hardly any choices to make in combat, making it easy to pick the optimal one.

It comes down to everything being tied to the camps, whether or not you find these frequently and regularly primarily decides about success or failure and there is nothing you as a player can do about that.
Scouting, regenerating health and vigor (with exception of a healer), equipping artifacts, all of that requires you to get lucky.
Sure, the number, composition and distribution of combat encounters matters too, but there is nothing you can do about those either.

Putting in those small camps between sectors is a step in the right direction, but I don't think it's enough. My suggestion would be to restrain the randomness a bit and guarantee a camp per sector. On top of that I'd also suggest to allow using healing items outside of combat. Those changes would give the player some much needed agency and make the game less frustrating.

Another big issue is the map and rooms. I have an idea why you did it the way you did rather than adopt the way Darkest Dungeon does it, but the camera perspective changes are confusing a lot of people. I'd suggest to completely rework that. As little relief until then I'd suggest to indicate the party position within a room and make the camera position indicator more obvious and correct, by which I mean make it a camera position indicator rather than a camera direction indicator.
Further issue: I had a livelock situation against Manduk.My team, having lost one character, couldn't kill her due to her heal and she couldn't kill my team thanks to my healer. There is no retreat option, I could have done nothing for 15 minutes or so until she has defeated me, but didn't see that as a feasible option and decided to kill the game process instead. Please consider adding an option to get out of situations like this.

A feature request that really shouldn't be necessary in this day and age: optionally speed up combat animations. Every turn based game needs that and I'm surprised you didn't ship with it, especially since the animations in this game are rather long.
I encountered an issue of being stuck in the world map (chapter 2, first dungeon) and made a post about it here: https://www.gog.com/forum/vambrace_cold_soul/stuck_in_the_first_dungeon_of_chapter_2. Cheers.
thank you for the updates, i asked this on steam but i have a question, steam has 1.04 live now when wil gog have this update ? thank you
swoerd: thank you for the updates, i asked this on steam but i have a question, steam has 1.04 live now when wil gog have this update ? thank you
Hello swoerd

We have set version 1.04 live a couple of hours ago.
Going to post the change log now as well - apologize for the delay.

Cheers,

Julian
hollunder: Further issue: I had a livelock situation against Manduk.My team, having lost one character, couldn't kill her due to her heal and she couldn't kill my team thanks to my healer. There is no retreat option, I could have done nothing for 15 minutes or so until she has defeated me, but didn't see that as a feasible option and decided to kill the game process instead. Please consider adding an option to get out of situations like this.

A feature request that really shouldn't be necessary in this day and age: optionally speed up combat animations. Every turn based game needs that and I'm surprised you didn't ship with it, especially since the animations in this game are rather long.
Hello Hollunder,

Thanks for your suggestions and input.

I will discuss the issue with Manduk with the rest of the team and see if there is something we can change.
Other than that I have good news in regard to the "speed up combat animations" -> check out update v.1.04 and the feature "combat Fast-Forward" :)

Thanks again for all your great feedback.

Cheers,

Julian
Post edited June 01, 2019 by JulFloBro
oriberu: I encountered an issue of being stuck in the world map (chapter 2, first dungeon) and made a post about it here: https://www.gog.com/forum/vambrace_cold_soul/stuck_in_the_first_dungeon_of_chapter_2. Cheers.
Hi Oriberu,

I have just forward your message to our devs and get back to you asap.
Apologize for the trouble you are having with chapter 2.
thank you for your reply, i was streaming and having issues switching to a paid companion of the field, but some hours later i was seeing an update being faild, had to run that entire district because if i quit it will boot me to the start, so i was thinking to perhaps toss some suggestions if that is ok. Would be nice to have some form of temporary save feature to be able to just quit out and get updates then continue on, and some sort of unique 5 stat hero level companions this could be a dlc i would pay for honestly. I also do not want to fast forward combat, combat to me is not somethign to be rushed through, i like it as a content and usualy take my time with it, so it would be nice if for example my team could use 1 item per battle, maybe a battle item equip slot or just restricted to single item use per combat, as i do not usualy use items, due to high overwatch, at camps with the exception of curing cripple mostly.